“What you pay is what you get”

Hotel Don Juan Center
Ranked #105 of 124 Hotels in Lloret de Mar
Belgrade, Serbia
“What you pay is what you get”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I don't really know why there are so bad reviews about the Don Juan... It's not so bad at all. It's a hotel for young people,very noisy.. Wi-fi was only in the loby of the hotel. The food is good also... Near the hotel centre,and the beach...the rooms are clean,but I would recommend a safe deposit,because the Spanish people are well known for robbery. Actually,a chambermade stole a watch of mine from our room... :( All in all,good value for money.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank theLjubicica25

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Pozarevac, null, Serbia
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Hotel is old but not bad at all. Advantages are pleasant staff, nice food. Bad thing about hotel is a bunch of kids 15 to 17 years old and they never sleeps. They were knocking on y door every night at 3 am and that makes my holiday nervous. On the front side of hotel is very loud 24/7. If you are teenager and want to have fun with no sleep thats the right choice. If you want to rest choose a hotel on the other side of lloret del mar near the fenals beach (surf mar, savoy etc) .

Room Tip: Last day of my vacation took a room in the western block of the hotel (with a view on guitart hotel...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Milos S
Krasnodar, Russia
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Very poor hotel and very noisy - many crazy youth,sometimes it was impossible to sleep. But food even breakfast was excellent - a big choise, many fruits. We were here in 2011 - there wasn`t wi-fi. I don`t know - maybe now it is.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jule4ka_88
Krasnoyarsk, Russia
Reviewed December 3, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Don Juan Center in 2011. First of all, the location was not bad in relation to shops and a pleasant walk to the beach. The food we had was just fine and there was always something to suit us. The big minus was the back side of the hotel which sits on a walking street which also happens to be the main thoroughfare to the nightclubs. Hence it was very noisy with party goers going to and coming from the clubs and was very difficult to sleep. We didn't let that ruin our time though. The staff was friendly enough but we came at the beginning of the season. Most of the guests were young and wanted the party scene. They were normal kids just having a good time. Sometimes loud and crazy but I was young once too. I would probably stay at a different hotel next time only because of the street behind which was where our room was located but wouldn't be against this hotel either. I enjoyed the 5-10 walk to the beach through the narrow streets. For those not wanting the party scene, maybe not the best hotel because of the noise, for those young and young at heart, it's not a bad place. Hence, I gave it a 3.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the front side of the hotel (facing the main street) for less nighttime noise
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Pete S
Stowmarket, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 16, 2012

The only good point about the hotel is that its clean, central and most of the staff are pleasant. The food is dreadful - no flavour or loaded with salt with little or no choice. My party and I went for 4 nights all inclusive and paid £165 all in. We didnt expect a palace and gourmet cuisine but edible food would be a start. We spent roughly £150 on top of what we paid just to get something decent to eat.

There is also no air con anywhere which can make the rooms and bar area very warm and uncomfortable to sleep or get ready to go out.

The all inclusive drinks are a joke. You have to pay 10 euro each for a card (refundable) which you take to the bar for your glass. Wehn you are finished having a few drinks then you return your glass a get your card back. This also stops at 10pm which I have never heard of in any all inclusive resort I have ever stayed in. I kind of undertand why they do it considering their beer swilling, irresponsible clientele.

If you want drunken idiots around the pool all day who shout wear and carry on into the very early hours of the morning then this is the place for you. I certainly do not recommend this hotel to any sensible adult or family.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Girlie72

Travelers are raving about these Lloret de Mar hotels

Middleton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 16, 2012

hotel and rooms were standard, food was terrible and didnt have much choice of drinks, had no entertainment at all and the staff were rude. the pool was far to small for the 484 rooms in the hotel and they only had about 10 sunbeds with 6 or so tables with chairs, there is constant noise all nite long making it very difficult to sleep.
i will not be returning to this hotel and wouldnt recomend it either!!! worst hotel ive ever been in

Room Tip: choose a different hotel
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank scooby554
Manchester
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Me and my mum have just come back from 4 days stay at this hotel. Before we left to go we have read all the reviews and we were expecting and were ready for the worse! Considering we paid £200 each for all inclusive for 4 nights we werent expecting miracles.

We arrived at around 2.30am and were checked in by the reception staff who were friendly, quick and efficient. We then went into our room which was clean, had a working shower and a balcony which is what you need when you on holiday. Yes, the rooms werent up to much and didnt have an air conditiong but then again what would you expect.
The next morning we went for breakfast which was very basic, 2 choices of cereals, some eggs, Spanish bacon, bread and some fruit. I would say that if you dont even eat the toast you must be an extremely fussy eater. Meal times werent up to much but then again you always found something to eat and again this is a 2* hotel and you definitely get what you pay for.
The bar staff were friendly and it didnt take long to get served at the bar, there were also at least two people behind the bar to serve, and yet again if you dont want to drink liquid gold you will always find something to drink.
Our rooms were cleaned daily and we were provided with clean towels. If you needed anything from the reception they would always be happy to help.
Everyday we went to the beach which was about 7 minutes walk and the beach is very packed but you always find somewhere to lie down.
The hotel is definetely not for famililes with children and I certainly wouldnt take my 4 year old there. The hotel can be loud at night, but then again do you expect people to be quit on their holidays? I dont...I would suggests that if you want a quit break away you go elsewhere.
Would I go back for a short break again? Yes I would as I know what to expect, I am not fussy and I know what you get for £200. Certainly not miracles like some people were expecting.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family