“THE REAL DEAL--MOUNTAIN MAN & MAGICAL WATERFALLS--JUST DO IT”

Miller's Land of Waterfall Tours
Ranked #2 of 8 things to do in Rosman
More attraction details
Owner description: I will get you to beautiful private or remote public waterfalls away from the crowded tourist areas. No long or hard hikes on my normal tour but harder hikes are available. Ideal for seniors and families with children. Great for photography. I know the lighting at each waterfall. I've been to over 170 waterfalls in this area. Located 30 minutes from Asheville, NC and 5 minutes from Brevard, NC. I will meet you at a convenient location based on where you are staying or driving from.
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“THE REAL DEAL--MOUNTAIN MAN & MAGICAL WATERFALLS--JUST DO IT”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

JUST ONE LOOK at Chris Miller age 50+ and you know this tour IS gonna be DIFFERENT...yes so memorable and GOOD-- we wanna thank you this self proclaimed 'anti-tour' guide. If you decide to 'do it' be prepared for an authentic experience with tons of LOCAL FLAVOR & Southern drawl sprinkled in--brawny brassy shoulder length hair college educated 'mountain man' heartily met us at car share park lot after quick initial meet at the kayak place---he in his 4X4 pickup early Saturday wearing wearing woodsy Cabela pants and high rubber boots having seen heavy rains the evening before. We drove our van 66 miles total RT for this guided adventure in back country with Chris navigating us smoothly avoiding local bridge wash out & fully up to speed of current road conditions future weather forecast etc.

Chris expertly guided us to 6 pretty spots perfect for private viewing & camera shooting at spectacular NC waterwalls, each OFF THE BEATEN PATH, most never having been seen by public. We were most impressed with his PERSONALIZED SERVICE and extensive knowledge... from flora to fauna... to fancy made simple camera tips and suggestions for perfect photo memories.

Our family group of four from ages 59 to 95 felt at ease with Chris's down home demeanor, straight talk, jokes & stories...just a treasure trove for eager folks like us soaking up waterfalls passion for which Chris freely shared. We traversed on foot uphill and down, trekking over mild root filled trails and tackle few wooden steps moderate for those with mobility issues but most of the course doable by the 95 yr old grandma in our group.

Save your previous time & ditch any thoughts to use a guidebook instead...Chris is a much better fun efficient & reasonable cost option for all to consider. He will customize your experience for your needs able to dial up or down the intensity with ease.
We plan to return next year when we visit Brevard and DO IT EAGERLY AGAIN with Chris at the helm, he assures we have only begun to scratch the surface with over 150 waterfalls in the area most of which he's seen up close & personal.

Visited July 2013

Murphy, North Carolina
“A Day Long Remembered”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Our waterfall tour w/Craig was time well spent. He was knowlegeable, patient and lots of fun. Every waterfall was beautiful and unique. We can highly recommend him if you're looking for something different than just a roadside waterfall that everyone else sees. Craig will get you off the beaten path but you won't have to bush whack your way to see it!! He has 20+ plus years experience of doing this and if I was you, I'd move this little adventure to the top of your bucket list. Thank you Craig for a wonderful day.
Ginger and Bink Webster

Visited June 2013
Park Forest, Illinois
“Great Tour of Waterfalls!”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

My sisters and I had come to Asheville three years ago and as part of the trip went to see some of the spectacular waterfalls southwest of the city. We enjoyed the waterfalls, but wasted a lot of time trying to find them. This year I came back with my husband and wanted him to see some of the waterfalls but was a little hesitant remembering all the wasted time. We only had a day and a half in the area. So to prepare for the trip I went on the www.visitwaterfalls.com website and saw that you could take a guided tour. I clicked on Miller’s Land of Waterfalls Tours link. The price seemed very reasonable for what was offered so I called the number: 828-884-8982. We met Craig Miller that Saturday morning and were very happy we did. He showed us some beautiful waterfalls – some that were not accessible to the public – and because he lived in the area gave us a lot of interesting information. We would not hesitate to call him again. Well worth the minimal price!! I also want to mention that because we took a wrong turn, we were an hour late to meet him -- he couldn't have been more gracious. So glad he waited for us.

Visited June 2013
Chapin, South Carolina
“Excellent guide for an excellent adventure”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I couldn't be more pleased with Craig Miller's guided waterfall tour. This guy is the real deal. Craig Miller is an outgoing, friendly, polite guide with a tremendous passion for finding waterfalls off the beaten path. This guy really knows his stuff. Mr. Miller showed me so many hidden and exclusive waterfalls that I would have never been able to Google my way into discovering. He has clearly spent a great deal of time researching and exploring the surrounding area to find the best waterfalls for the most efficient use of time. I really can't recommend Craig Miller and his tours enough. More than being just an all-around stand-up guy, Craig Miller is a true professional. His professionalism and knowledge of the area and the changing weather and lighting conditions really made for an easy, comfortable trip. He took me to places so solitary that it really made for excellent environments for shooting landscape photography. Mr. Miller also took me to various waterfalls at particular points in the day based on the kind of lighting that would be best for photographers; on this aspect, Craig Miller was spot on. Every place he took me to was at the exact right time with the perfect light conditions. This guy really, really knows his stuff and takes this job seriously.

I highly recommend Craig Miller's guided waterfall tours. He will treat you right and give you the time, space, and personable interaction to make you feel like you have all the time in the world to get the right shots and appreciate the beauty of it all. I never once felt rushed; Mr. Miller scheduled things so that I had enough time at each place without feeling like I was losing optimal lighting.

I absolutely would do a tour with Mr. Miller again. The value for his tour is absolutely a steal. You will not be sorry. I could not be more pleased with the tour I got.

Visited May 2013
Somerset, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Two Days of Wonder”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Craig gave us two days of Waterfalls we never would have been able to get any other way. He had access to falls on private property ( gate codes, etc. ), knew the trails, in general had knowledge and expertise that was amazing. He was able to accurately judge our physical capabilities and got us to beautiful falls. His tour was the highlight of our vacation. We will utilize him on our next vacation to the area, as he knows many more falls than we were able to get to in our limited time. Thank You Craig.

Visited May 2013