“Special experience”
Review of Trapani Tours

Trapani Tours
Ranked #3 of 29 Tours in Trapani
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a company based in Trapani on the Western coast of Sicily. We provide all types of airport transfers and private and group excursions, included an English speaking guide/driver
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We were in Trapani in September 2013 and tooked a tour again from Aldo Trapani (last one was in June 2013). We had perfect tour with Aldo, we visited saltmuseum, Erice and Marsala winery. He knows a lot of Trapani and speaks very good english. We had so much fun and whole day was really perfect! I can highly recommend him! Grazie Mille, Aldo!

Reviewed September 11, 2013

I am a single traveler in my mid-20s, and spent four days in Trapani during Easter weekend. I emailed Aldo to inquire about his rates and he gave me much more information than I asked for. He gave me advice on the accommodation to book, things to see, and also let me know that bus schedules may not run the normal schedule (if at all) because it was a holiday weekend. I then booked airport transfer with him, which turned out to be an excellent idea because there were no buses the ran that weekend and the Trapani city center is a long way from the airport. (Honestly, that was information I wouldn't have known had Aldo not told me about it.) When I arrived in Trapani, he was waiting at the airport, and right from the beginning it was easy to build a rapport with him. He is a very friendly and easy going person and very much knowledgeable about the area. He gave me some tips on what to do in Trapani for the days that I was going to be on my own, and even teaching me some Italian. The great thing about Aldo is that he is very well-connected in the area. He knows a lot of the business owners, so he was able to help me book a reasonably priced accommodation (apartment facing the beach) and also helped me get a seat in restaurants. (It was the first time I experienced not being seated because I was solo.) He is not only knowledgeable about Sicily, he is very passionate about it, and that I think makes a difference. He was always willing to share his stories and points of views on things, and really went the extra mile to make my stay comfortable. He is also very professional (does not drink or go out late the night before a long drive) and very reliable. Even if I only booked him for one day and the airport transfers, he told me I could call him anytime if there is any problem at all. I enjoyed my stay in Trapani because of Aldo and would really recommend him to any person(s) going to Trapani! :)

4  Thank Chay A
Reviewed September 2, 2013

With a Sicilian husband we arrived in Trapani and felt the Sicilian culture straight away - the food, the weather, the people, the respect, the amazing atmosphere. We met Aldo, Mr Trapani on our second night at a beautiful bar in the streets of Trapani - Garibaldi Cinquantotto Bar and the rest is history. The next day Aldo took us to Erice and Sagesta and finished off eating at a stunning seafood restaurant (I forgot the name). Aldo is a true Sicilian, full of heart and passion and we had the most memorable part of our trip with him. My husband Joe and I were so grateful to have experienced Trapani and the Sicilian culture through Aldo and the locals. Thank you Aldo!

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I booked Aldo for airport transfers and a day trip to Palermo with my family of 8. He is a very nice guy, reliable and excellent at his job, speaks very good english (pretty rare in Sicily), and helped our trip run smoothly.
Trapani is a really nice town too, very romantic, we'll definitely be returning sometime in the future..without all our kids :)

Reviewed June 16, 2013

We went to Porto Palo with Think Sicily but stayed two nights in Trapani from where our charming hotel (Residence Porta delle Botteghelle) sent Aldo to collect us from the airport. The next day he took us to Erice. The day after he drove us to our very remote villa near Porto Palo (100 miles south). A week later he collected us and returned us to the airport via a couple of hours in Marsala.
At all times Aldo was a brilliant person to have around. Excellent english, sharp humour, intelligent, absolutely trustworthy, reliable, charming, a source of good recommendations and always entertaining. Very knowledgeable about the Island and its history, never a boor or boring. A two hour drive with a chatty driver is my idea of hell - a two hour drive with Aldo is a holiday in itself. Highly and unreservedly recommended.