“Excellent food, ultra-fresh fish”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Al Solito Posto

Al Solito Posto
Ranked #17 of 389 Restaurants in Trapani
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Geneva, Switzerland
“Excellent food, ultra-fresh fish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

This little place slightly out of the way is the home of excellent and low prices. Their fish is superb, and they will only serve it if it is extra-fresh. Other restaurants will for instance have the famous fish couscous every Friday, regardless of fish arrival -- not here, they will only do it if there was the right type of fresh fish that day. The service was also very pleasant, fast and warm. A great evening.

• Visited March 2013

New York, NY
“Good Food, Bad Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

I sought this restaurant out as a because of its good reviews, on my first day in Trapani. While the food was good, the service was the most inhospitable I received during my two weeks in Sicily. We went on the earlier side of lunch and the restaurant was nearly empty with just a few parties inside. Yet, when we asked for a table, the hostess hemmed and hawed about where to seat us as if we were putting her out by entering the restaurant on what was a terribly rainy day. The place later filled up a little bit with local businessmen who got favored treatment, but the restaurant was still far from full. The locals were told what the specials of the day were, and were allowed to order dessert and post meal drinks. We, on the other hand, were not told the specials and were handed the check before being given the opportunity to order anything else and we would have had coffee and dessert but were so turned off by the attitude that we went someplace else for it. The waitstaff was not attentive - for example, the waitress acted annoyed when she took our order (and we ordered in fluent Italian) even though they were not busy, and we could not get cheese for pasta or order more wine and it was not for lack of trying to get their attention. I would have gone back for the food as the restaurant was close to where I stayed but the overall experience was not a pleasant one so I never did.

• Visited March 2013
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Secret spot of the locals”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

Superb (sea-)food. Nice setting.
Little bit hidden outside the city centre but always crowded by locals. And for good reason!
Make a reservation and be in time.

• Visited March 2012
Milan, Italy
“Local restaurant, great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

I ate here with my husband while he was in Trapani for work. He found out about this restaurant from locals. The food was fresh and cooked well. If you get the owner as your server, ask him to tell you what is fresh that night and you will receive the best dish of the house. The waitress is a bit curt but I believe it is just because they are always busy and it is simply her personality (nothing personal). My appetizer of gamberi crudi were a bit sparse but each bite was like a piece of heaven. The grilled triglia was one of the best I have ever had as well as the grilled vegetables. When we arrived at 8.30 there were not many people and they didn't have any music playing so it was a bit too quiet for me. Make sure you make reservations as we saw them turn many customers away due to no reservations. They are busy every night (we in fact went on a Wednesday and made a reservation). I am hoping we will return before I head home.

• Visited September 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

We spoke to local and foreign visitors in the resturant. Some said it is one of the best restaurants in Trapani. It didn't disappoint me at all. Beautiful food. Look nice, Taste even better than it looks. I had a good time absolutely. We went there on a Friday lunch though. We had good service.

• Visited August 2012