Although it was chilly when we visited, we enjoyed a late lunch of bread, cheese, olives, and wine on the rooftop terrace one day, and, each day, the view from our window facing the sea. We booked the hotel on Booking.com and asked for a room with a balcony, but, when we arrived, they told us there was only one balcony room and it had been booked already. If you book, be sure to ask for a sea view room, as the rooms at the back look like they face the wall of the neighboring property.
One of the best things about our visit was meeting Michelangelo of Michelangelo Transfer, who picked us up at the airport after our late flight and acted as our driver and guide for two of the four days we were in Trapani. Besides speaking excellent English, he's a charming and knowledgeable man who immediately makes you feel like a special guest whose company he enjoys as he's showing you the sights, which, for us, were Erice and, Segesta one day and Mozia and Marsala on another. Along the way, he pointed out areas of interest, told us some of the history of the area, and explained how the salt is processed (definitely visit the salt pans and museum).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Residence La Gancia is in the town of Trapani on Sicily's north coast. It offers Wi-Fi and a roof terrace with garden with panoramic views over the town and the bay.La Gancia is decorated in mixture of traditional Sicilian and modern styles, with colourful mosaic walls. Rooms are air conditioned and have private bathrooms and flat screen TV. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Residence La Gancia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence La Gancia Hotel Trapani
- Residence La Gancia Trapani, Sicily