“nice holiday”
Review of B&B Belveliero

B&B Belveliero
Ranked #6 of 178 Trapani B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Thanks to GIOVANNI and family we have a nice stay in Trapani . Good location with a view of the port and only 5 minutes to the old town.Looking forward to go back. Giovanni was very helpful and informative. THANKS.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Vincent C

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Our second trip to Trapani was excellent thanks to the honest and genuine hospitability that we received from Giovanni and family. Breakfast was always fresh and the coffee divine. Giovanni was especially helpful when it came to recommending places to go and we never were disappointed once we took his advice. He would even explain on maps of different towns which was the best part worth visiting. We were given the seaport facing room which was always impeccably clean and fresh and the B&B is literally a few metres away from the historic centre enabling us to explore it at our leisure. It is also very conveniently placed for taking excursions and walking to the commercial part of Trapani, the train station and the main bus station. We would definately go back to Giovanni and his B&B and in fact are already planning our third trip even though we have just come back from our second. It's like home away from home.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Husband and I had a nice stay here. It was a little tricky to find, but the owners were very hospitable and waited up for us and helped us with parking (it's located along a main strip where this can be difficult). Good location with a view of the port (so boats, not really beach) and very close to the old town shopping area. B&B is located on the 3rd floor of a residential building, which I find very odd. Small dark hallways, decent sized simple room, but not at all noise proof. Our room had a double (two twins pushed together), which was a little bit short for us, so our feet hung off the end. Room had its own bathroom, which was nice, though the shower was teeny tiny. No AC or heat seemed available, so we had a hard time getting the bathroom to dry out (it was raining outside). Simple breakfast in the small kitchen at the end of the hall with fresh fruit, yogurt and pastries. Would recommend for price, location and hospitality, maybe not for atmosphere. A bit more lighting and some furnishing updates could go a long way.

Room Tip: Our room was above the main street and we found it somewhat noisy.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
bebilveliero, Proprietario at B&B Belveliero, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2014

Dear Jaime,

Thanks for your review. We are happy you enjoyed our friendly service to help always our guests.
I'm sorry you had problem with air conditioning/heater but I can ensure it always work. I'm sorry if forget how to switch on from automatic switch. We gave you our best rate for our last one twin room available where we joined to make a double bed at 25 € per person with breakfast included. I'm sorry you didn't like our breakfast with fresh pastry, season local fruit, jogurth, cheese/tomatoes and cappuccino/coffee/the prepared for you. I hope if you would like to come next time, you can tell us what you prefer for breakfast, so we can satisfy your will.

I wish you a wonderful 2015

Reviewed February 2, 2014

My cousin & I had a wonderful time in Trapani! The room was spacious, bathroom very clean & so was the bedroom (except for some furry dust under one of the beds). Giovanni & the family were of utmost help & were always there when we required their assistance. Breakfast was ample - what one would expect for a Continental Breakfast. The coffee could have been of better quality for I know the coffee in Italy/Sicily can be excellent, to say the least. We were given lots of information as to what to do, where to go, which good restaurants to go to and we were not disappointed with their advice! What we did not like was the step that we had to go over as you enter the pensione! We found that an inconvenience...but overall for a pensione run by a family I think it's excellent and would go there again when I have the chance!

Room Tip: Don't travel in the peek season! Follow the advice of the family as to where to go, which rest...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We stayed at this lovely B&B for four nights in November. The reason we chose this B&B was due to the excellent reviews we had seen on Tripadvisor. We were not disappointed with our choice.
Giovanni was a wonderful host. He helped us with all our needs.

We highly recommend this B&B. The location was perfect, the room was spacious, the bed was comfortable, and the breakfast was excellent
However, the best component of our stay was probably down to all of the friendly staff we came across.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We were 'promised' a sea view room at the rate of Euro 70 Per night in very low season (February) .No sea view , no tv , old furnishings , a/c fuse kept switching off the electricity and i had to call up owner to sort the matter as there is no live in caretaker. This is no bed and breakfast - it's simply a converted apartment and the owner turns up to make breakfast - very basic just coffee , pastries , jam and bread. On one of the days nobody made up our bed and no apology was made - I had to point the matter out and we were told that the chambermaid did not turn up. Evidently the owner is not hands on to ensure that our room was made up anyway. Nor was our rip off rate reduced. Frankly I cannot understand why anyone would praise this place , possibly other reviewers have not travelled much or non italian speaking tourists feel comfortable with the fact that the owner speaks English . The only good thing about this place is the wifi .

Stayed: February 2013
5  Thank travelfrommalta
bebilveliero, Proprietario at B&B Belveliero, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Dear Guest,

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your holiday at Belveliero because we have a good reputation if you look all the other reviews from Maltese people. Our guests chose us not only because we speak english, but also because we use to help them suggesting itinerary and giving tourist information. About rate in low season our double room costs 50 € per night with breakfast included and I really don't think you pay 70 euro. About our furniture are new, just 3 years old while breakfast consists in coffee/cappuccino/tea, yogurth, sweet pastries , jam and bread, fresh fruit, fruit juice, cherry tomatoes and sicilian biscuits. I give you reason for electricity problem we had that day, because unfortunately another guests who stayed in the same day wrote us a review. But we fixed it after one hour.

Anyway I hope to host you next time, with a discounted rate, hoping you can enjoy this time.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

This is really a bad place to stay in. When it was cold we put in the A/c and the electricity of the apartment (yes this is a converted apartment) blew off and no one in the b&b to fix it. No TV in room; no fridge in room. Poor breakfast and in a very small room so you have yo wait for others to finish. No parking if you are going by car.

Stayed: February 2013
4  Thank Bavaria34
bebilveliero, Proprietario at B&B Belveliero, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Dear Guest,

I'm sorry your experience was bad with us, after many good reviews I received from Maltese people. We always do our best for our guests and I'm sorry for the black out you had but I remember that after 30 minutes we come to fix it. I'm sorry but I was out from B&B for helping another guest. Not all the rooms are provided of tv, but once you booked I didn't mention you had fridge in your room and tv. Anyway all the guests can use our 2 fridges in our 2 kitchen. We don't have a private parking but in front of our accommodation there are many parking places (0,50 euro per hour from 8.30 to 13:30 and from 15:30 to 20:00).

I'm sorry you didn't like our breakfast (made of fresh croissant, sicilian biscuits, fresh bread with jam, cereals, yogurth, fresh fruit, fruit juices, cappuccino/coffee/tea) and you waited for a table because we hosted a big group and they stayed longer at the breakfast room. Moreover, all the times our guests have special requests, as breakfast for celiacs, we are happy to satisfy them.

I would like if you can come again at Belveliero, and you would be my host for free for some days, so you can enjoy your stay, as many Maltese guests have appreciated it.