“The best place we stayed in Sicily”
Review of I Colori del Vento

I Colori del Vento
Ranked #54 of 176 Trapani B&B and Inns
Rome
“The best place we stayed in Sicily”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

My boyfriend and I spent a week travelling around the Island and this B&B was easily the best place we stayed during our trip. Our host was warm and helpful, catering to every need and giving useful advice on places to eat and visit.
All the rooms have incredible views over the harbour and towards the Salt Pans and the location is perfect for getting around on foot or by car. The buffet breakfast on a morning was delicious and having coffee made to order was a treat!
Our room had a mezzanine level to access the bathroom and there was also a balcony where we sat and enjoyed a complimentary bottle of wine from the B&B in the evening. There was also a bowl of fruit in the room and chocolates and limoncello to welcome us on arrival. All of these small touches made our experience feel extra special and we wished we were able to stay a little longer.
One small criticism which may affect less mobile travellers is that the stairs to access the rooms are steep and narrow, as were our stairs to the bathroom within the room.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Multiclawton
alepiki, Owner at I Colori del Vento, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you very much for your wonderful words about I Colori del Vento B&B Trapani

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Polish first
Rickmansworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We visited with friends from Malta and were delighted with the hotel and staff. It has beautiful views over the sea and the service was first class. We were able to help ourselves to tea or coffee when returning from exploring the area which was beautiful. The only draw back if there is no lift so you have to carry your suitcases up the circular stone staircase. Alessandra should be very proud of hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms face the sea.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
alepiki, Owner at I Colori del Vento, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you very much from all the staff of I Colori del Vento Bed and Breakfast Trapani
Northwich, Cheshire
Reviewed May 12, 2013

First class experience to enjoy Trapani & the nearby Egadi Islands. Close to the centre yet directly overlooking the seafront. Team running were extremeley helpul & would definately recommend and return in the future

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CheshireWoodlark
London
Reviewed April 7, 2013

The B&B is very nice and as soon you come in you feel welcome. The rooms are clean though not very big. The service is excellent with fresh morning breakfast plus facilties for tea and coffee anytime of the day. We stayed at the room downstairs next to the breakfast room. The room was nice with a small balcony with sea view though partial views of the islands in front of Trapani, being it blocked by tree branches. The only problem of this room was being next to the breakfast room had less privacy and you could hear noieses of the other guests mornings and nights. I would go back.

• Stayed March 2013
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I can only say that this hotel is proof of great hospitality and how with honest approach and great care for hotel guests you can overcome 5 star rated hotels. Alessandra the hotel manager realy made us feel like at home with focus on very small detail hotel such type can offer. Great experience and amazing value for money. For future customers: do not expect hotel with large lobby and lighten driveway. But when you enter reception room, which btw in the morning transforms in to perfect breakfast facility, you get the impression that nothing can go wrong. Alessandra keep doing great work.

Room Tip: there are only 4 rooms availbale. For romantic stay use the one with glass stairs to the bathroom :)
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
alepiki, Owner at I Colori del Vento, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you very much for kindness about our job at I Colori del Vento B&B Trapani
London
Reviewed November 16, 2012

We have stayed here twice and would definitely go back. Right on the front and opposite the port. So if you are heading to Favignana or one of the other Islands you can just walk across the road in the morning)

The rooms are not massive but have a lovely view over the water and its a really nice place just to relax. The hotel is also close to the town so you can just walk and get food etc

The owner is really lovely and very accomodating especially when arriving on a late flight as we did.

Would highly reccomend...the only thing I would note is that there are a lot of steps so if you have very heavy luggage this could be tricky but cant think of any bad points apart from that.

Great personal service - a great little place :)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LondonRjp
Tulsa, OK
Reviewed November 6, 2012

My husband and I stayed two nights in this well located B&B while in Sicily. Unfortunately, we arrived after dark in the rain, so the location was difficult to find, given that the traffic in this city is chaotic. The accomodations were very good and Alessandra was a warm and gracious host. She even came to our aid when we had some problems with our rental car and spoke with the local representatives to faciliate assistance.

I would point out to older travelers or those with an inability to navigate stairs that the office and breakfast area are up a couple of steep and narrow flights of stairs. Also, was a little surprised to find that the tap water was not potable, but maybe that is a common occurance in this area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple