“nice facilities but disappointed with the filthy bathrooms”

Milos Achivadolimni
Ranked #16 of 146 Specialty Lodging in Milos
Melbourne
“nice facilities but disappointed with the filthy bathrooms”
Reviewed August 25, 2011

During a recent trip to Milos my boyfriend and i stayed at Achivadolimni camping. Upon arrival the staff were courteous and professional. We were quite happy when the receptionist told us there were tents available to hire as ours had broken a little in the strong Cycladic winds.
The big disappointment came when that evening when I went to use the bathroom before going to sleep. As I entered the bathroom there was visible dirt and an uncoiled hose laying in the middle of the hand washing area. the first toilet I approached had faeces sitting on the floor, the next two didn't have a working light so I entered the next one in line. The door was a little sticky but it closed easily, the big surprise came when I flushed the toilet and water sprayed out everywhere! I tried to make a quick getaway but the door was not so easy to open as it was to close and I had to hip-and-shoulder it to get it to open. Also whilst washing my hands I also noticed thickly clumped hair in the basin plug hole.
It wasn't a very pleasant experience, however I thought as we arrived so late in the evening the cleaning staff may have done their last clean of the day at around 4 pm so a busy campsite in August is bound to get a little dirty in 8 hours.

7 am The following morning: No toilet paper, Lights still out, still hair clumped in the sink...avoided exploding toilet!
10 pm: see above

our last morning I witnessed the cleaning staff cleaning the bathrooms and it appeared the the hose on the floor in the ladies bathroom is what he uses to clean the bathrooms, and he had finished cleaning the bathroom and he hadn't taken the hair from the plughole. It appeared as if the whole bathroom is just hosed down each day. I didn't notice any cleaning products or disinfectant.

It is a big shame as the Campsite itself has great facilities, (although you have to pay for them) and a beautiful view, but i think it is the smaller details to the simple things that makes your stay comfortable. Basic cleanliness and maintenance should be a top priority.

Overall, Very nice place, nice staff, let down by poor standards in cleanliness.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank bickenchurger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Greek first
Athens
Reviewed July 28, 2011

The bungalow we stayed had a very nice view. There was a little patio on which we could sit and read a book in the shadow.
The negative aspects for these bungalows are that they are very basic. There was not even shampoo or shower gel in the bathroom.
People at the bar by the pool where not willing to serve us a coffee in the evening, which I find very strange. ALso the breakfast included only a pieve of bread with jam.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business