“Perfect honeymoon”

Ranked #4 of 35 Hotels in Milos
Pegeco
“Perfect honeymoon”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We stayed here for our honeymoon and loved every minute of it. Dimitra and everyone else who works at Psaravolada is lovely and very hospitable. I was surprised when Stefano came to the airport to pick us up when we arrived..I assumed we would be taking a taxi as I hadn't asked about transportation to the hotel. The view from our room was breathtaking and surreal. Our friends had surprised us with a delicious seafood dinner at the hotel restaurant the first night. We ended up eating there several times during our stay. The breakfast is great with an assortment of homemade jams plus the best greek yogurt I've tasted. The beach below was on of our favorites on the island. Renting a car is a must as there are tons of things to see on the island and the hotel is about 10 minutes away from the main town. Milos overall is an amazing island, not overrun by tourists like some other Greek islands. I highly recommend Psarovalada and Milos and would love to go back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Greek first
palmer lake
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I am late on my review because I have not been able to find enough good words to describe Psaravolada! There are many wonderful places to stay on earth and I truly believe this is at the top of the list. The hospitality is unmatched. Equal to this is the fantastic location and views, the quaint and comfortable apartment over the sea, and the incredible food. A magical experience awaits you here. Milos is a beautiful unspoiled island and Psaravolada holds the key! Built by the family and hosts over a number of years; the love and pride show through in every detail. From Dimitra's home made treats to the daily apartment cleaning to the special care in helping the guests with their touring, this is unmatched service. We were here early in the season and still they opened their beautiful restaurant terrace over the sea for us and provided wonderful meals for us each night. From the pink beet roots, home made olives, homemade kiwi jam, and especially the Moussaka, everything was top notch. This includes the wonderful breakfast and fresh coffee served each morning as you gaze over the glorious Aegean sea. A lovely lovely truly caring family is here to meet your every need with kindness and true friendship. Dimitra helped us from the airport to get our car and every morning the sweet Marina helped us decide where to tour in the windy spring weather. There is a private beach here which I'm sure is amazing when the Milos beaches are so crowded. To come in the spring we had this wild and beautiful island to ourselves including the beaches and roads! And with Psaravolada at our service, there was nothing better. This beautiful family gave us a lovely send off including a bottle of Dimitra's homemade strawberry ouzo. This experience cannot be matched. We thank you from the bottom of our hearts for sharing YOUR hearts with us!

Room Tip: All rooms have patios and views over the sea. You really should have a car to stay here!!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed October 12, 2013

There are at least 3 good reasons to stay at Psaravolada. 1. The breathtaking view on the Aegaen See with these unbelievable variations of blue. 2. The enjoyable quiet at day and night. 3. The warm-hearted hospitality of Dimitra and her family. We well come again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed at Psaravolada for a few days, accomodation is excellent, location excellent and very friendly people
We could not leave Milos island on time due to ferry delay and they were very helpfull and even allowed us to stay one extra night at no cost.

Thank you Dimitra, you have a wonderfull place and offer very good service and I can recommend Psaravolada to any travelers wanting to visit Milos island.

Regards
Andries
South Africa

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Athens, Greece
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I have traveled to many islands and many parts of mainland Greece....Psaravolada is definitely the BEST place I have ever stayed! The location is magical, the owners are the best people I have ever met very cool easy going people as well as extremely professional in the running of their hotel. The view will melt all your stresses and worries away in an instant. There is a feeling of calm that I have never felt anyplace else. At night if you go down to the beach you can touch the milky way galaxy! Millions of stars that feel within reach! Very clean rooms and lovely décor! If you only have time to visit one of the Cycladic islands, make it Milos island! The beaches are otherworldly, the food is amazing and the owners also serve wonderful dishes! They can also send you to great places to eat around the island! They are very helpful in everyway...from renting a vehicle to how to tour the island where to go for nightlife etc....

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

We spent a week at this fabulous hotel in early September. There are only positive things to say about it. From before we even arrived on Milos and then throughout our stay, the family that own and run the hotel went out of their way to make our time on the island special. They sorted out a rental car for us, gave us a thorough introduction to the highlights of the island with a heavily annotated map, put on delicious breakfasts and dinners, were always around to help with suggestions, advice and information, but otherwise left us in peace.
Our room was simply but attractively furnished, impeccably clean, and had a balcony with a fantastic view over the sea towards Crete.
The hotel is a long way from the bustle of Adamas and Plaka so not the right choice for those looking for a lively nightlife and wide choice of restaurants within walking distance. But bliss if you're looking for a base from which to explore the island and to recharge the batteries.
We would definitely return if we go back to Milos.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mungo S
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 3, 2013

One of the best places I've ever stayed, and certainly the warmest hospitality. The wonderful family that runs Psaravolada makes you feel completely at home, and that nothing was too much trouble – Dimitra's recommendations for how to use my limited time on Milos were spot on, and she was quick to offer to drop me off where I wanted to go, as I wasn't driving.

My room was very spacious and felt cool, tastefully decorated with a stunning view from the balcony. The numerous little touches made me feel very special, like the complimentary bottle of liqueur or the welcome breakfast I received after my early-morning ferry. The breakfast was by far the nicest I had in Greece, with homemade jams and local produce a particular treat.

A very beautiful retreat.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo