We (2 adults and 2 boys (1,3) just got back from a wonderful week in Crete. We stayed at Sentido Mikri Poli and were overall very satisfied. We stayed in a double room with a separate bedroom. The room was very spacious and so was the balcony and had very contemporary interior (unlike most Greek hotels).
The resort was very well maintained and had beautiful vegetation. The pool area is good but a bit boring. It had 4 rectangular pools with different depths and the baby pool had a sun screen over it.
The excellent and very child friendly beach which is just behind the pools is private and has free sunbeds. Great sand and great clear water.
The food in the main restaurant was a very pleasant surprise with a great variety of hot and freshly cooked dishes, salads and vegetables, freshly baked bread and desserts for all meals. The sodas and wine were not very good though. The pool bar offers snacks during the day, but some fresh fruit would have been nice.
The staff here is very friendly and helpful. The animation team was very enthusiastic and planned lots of activities for all ages. What you need to be aware of, is that this hotel is primarily aimed at German and Polish guests (the neighbouring hotel, Sunwing, is oriented towards Scandinavians, and offers shows for both kids and adults) .
The resort is placed on a hillside which means you either get some exercise going to and from the pools/beach or have to take some very unreliable elevators (which were often out of order).
One thing that we missed was some more information material in the room about restaurants and pools (there was nothing).
We were at level 6 which was very nice and quiet (but hard work going up and down with the stroller). I imagine that people in level 2 and 3 were exposed to a lot of noise from the shows that were on every night.
All in all it was a very nice hotel and a very nice stay. I would recommend it very much to families with children.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The SENTIDO Mikri Poli Crete is set on a sea facing slope... with direct access to the golden sandy beach. This resort is a unique beach getaway in southeastern Crete. Take your children or friends to experience an inviting ambience with tasteful style, modern amenity and expansive beach-facing accommodation. A retreat like no other... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sentido Mikri Poli Crete reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mikri Poli Crete Hotel Makry-Gialos
- Sentido Mikri Poli Crete Greece