I won't repeat what most of the reviews have already said, it is all true! Being right on the beach was fantastic for my partner and I with our 2 year old, once our son was down for a sleep we were able to have our 'five minutes peace' out on our patio, better than being stuck in an apartment with a balcony let me tell you!
I have a few points though that I think should be addressed -
1. I think the kitchen needs to be renovated, we were there for 3 weeks and it was very difficult to even make a sandwich without getting crumbs everywhere, which wouldn't bother me but the ants will find it and an army will appear! a little thought would go a long way if it had an extra worktop and cupboard.
2. I have been in may Greek bathrooms but I think it's time that Maria should get with the times and put in shower that you don't have to hold with one hand and wash with the other, also it was nightmare trying to wash our son as there was no plug and he is too young for a shower, we fixed that by buying a paddling pool.
3. Our son's cot broke in the last 4 days of the holiday, we told Maria and it was supposed to be fixed, we had propped it up with some books. It couldn't be fixed and it was left that way. I'm sorry but a travel cot costs just a few pounds, it could have been replaced!
4. Our bed was too hard!
5. We had a ground floor studio, we had the only one that wasn't separated by the kitchen, the noise from the road was terrible late at night, it sounded like some cars were going through the village at a mighty speed!
I know the above sounds like I'm a bit of a moan but this is our holiday for the year, and a few small things could have made it just that little bit better. Otherwise all I can say is that the studios are in the best location you could find and Maria was nice.
- Also Known As:
- Maria Tsanakaliotis Apartments Makriyialos
- Maria Tsanakalioti's Apartments Crete, Greece