All reviewsbuffet breakfastinfinity poolseafoodsan antoniosuperior roomfront officethe breakfast areapolite staffairport pickupthe cottagesbasic facilitiesclean poolpeople's parkiloilo citythe main roadfew minutespleasant stay
Reviewed October 24, 2017

A resort w/ unfriendly staff (all except one that we encountered). When we arrived, there were a bunch of people behind the front desk & some of the restaurant staff (across the front desk).. Nobody opened the door, nobody offered to help carry our big luggage & no one greeted us. We were standing in front of the front desk & no one said a word so I have to tell them that I am checking in.. This will be true for the next 21 hours that we stayed in this resort... Nobody greets & talks unless you ask them something; housekeeping, guards, drivers, front desk staff, breakfast buffet staff, et al... It's like zombie world in this resort.

The room assigned to us is a superior room #220.. very basic. we encountered a roach in the bathroom, the water was gone by 8AMsh & nobody checked on it even if we called the front desk who promised to send someone to check. I have to cut my shower short.. told them about it & no apologies until we're about to leave to the airport.. no show of remorse at all.. Bathroom needs a lot of cleaning as there are mildew in the walls. no mirror at the sink.. As it was rainy during our stay, we requested for an umbrella & the staff can't believe that there was none provided (the front desk staff who assisted us asked me to check the cabinet which i already did, of course) also has to check himself (the room has not much furniture: a small cabinet where they put the TV on top of it & a table, plastic chair & a mirror, small personal fridge & the bed so not sure where they will keep the umbrella as the room is almost bare.. they sent us an umbrella after 30 mins.

This resort should also invest in a buggy as it is very inconvenient to walk on a muddy dirty pathway. The pathway also got flooded after 2 hours of rain..

Breakfast buffet (free) is forgettable. Save yourself the stress & just look for a better restaurant outside the hotel. We went there at 630 AM & majority of the food trays are empty. We have to remind them to refill multiple times. It took them about an hour to refill fried squid (heck it takes, 3 minutes to fry a dried squid).. The only dish left is a sour pork adobo. We asked them to refill chocolate drink & the staff just tilted the urn (yikes!).. This is also a zombie zone (if you get the drift).. Food quality is 1/10..
Also, tried cafe felisa, the mashed potato is very gummy & looks & tastes fake ( I can lift the whole blob of yellow substance w/ my fork) I suspected they are using a packaged mashed potato mix prepared wrongfully. The roast beef is blah & the sauce is not red wine sauce (as they claimed). My wife got the baby back ribs which isn't a "baby back" as it it just pain & bony ribs. Me & my wife are both chefs so they can't fool us..

The hotel has the potential to be a 4-star given the fairly manicured grounds, a nice looking lake & pool but they need to upgrade the rooms & its furnitures (they have monoblock table & chairs for the rooms near the front office), invest in transpo equipment to facilitate moving around for the staff & guests, & MOST IMPORTANTLY TRAIN THE ENTIRE STAFF PROPER HOSPITALITY DECORUM.

Kudos to the only one front staff (Afternoon shift) who was gracious to help us when we inquired about places to buy some pasalubong in the area.. The shuttle to the airport is also a plus point.

This is located at the end of the rows of seafood restaurant in the famous Baybay/People's Park.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Alex A
san_antonio_resort, Hotel Manager at San Antonio Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2017

Dear Mr. Alex A,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience.

Please accept our sincere apology for the inconvenience during your stay.
At San Antonio Resort, we always try to give our guests exemplary service and we are very sorry that you were disappointed. Rest assured that we will correct these flaws so we may be able to please our guests and provide them with excellent service.

We hope that the disappointment will not permanently cloud your overall impression of San Antonio Resort and allow us the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed October 4, 2017 via mobile

The hotel is smack right in the coastline of Roxas City where variety of seafoods are being sold, or you could just simply have a walk in the beach. For those who prefer fresh wAter, the hotel had also a pool which is free for those staying overnight. The room is house in duplex type of structures scattered around the property. Spartan type but i think all the basics are provided. The food is good. You only have to be ready with a pocketload of credentials that the front desk requires.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 4, 2017 via mobile

Spent the weekend in my birth place-Roxas City, Capiz. Booked their Family Room B together with my big and awesome fambam through my brother. Went swimming in their pool and beach. Breakfast choices are okay. Room is big enough for 10 people. Hotel grounds and surroundings are beautiful. Nice place to stay for a weekend getaway. Will always visit once again for a quick vacation.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2017

We occupied room 404 with 10 single beds, we were 6 including my 4 year old son. The room was spacious and the beds are comfortable enough. It has 1 bathroom with 2 separate shower and toilet cubicles. The shower cubicles need some thorough cleaning so is the room, there were trash left under the bed.
On our 1st day we requested for packed breakfast since we're going early to Gigantes Island. On 2nd day, finally, buffet breakfast. Variety of food were fine keeping us full until our flight going back to Manila.
Free shuttle van to airport is a definite plus, on time and efficient driver.
Staff were very accommodating and friendly, I requested for a print out of our boarding pass, and was asked to pay 20 pesos, but I forgot to pay them, and they replied thru text saying it was fine.
Overall a smooth pleasant stay.
Highly recommended.
Oh I forgot, the pool needs also cleaning.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jennifer C
Reviewed August 13, 2017

It wasn't the first time that I went to San Antonio resort in Roxas City. And there's a good reason why I keep returning to the place. Although the resort is outside the city center (which is only 3kms away), it would take you only about 15mins to get there.

The resort offers different types of accommodation (suites, superior rooms, deluxe rooms, budget rooms, and family rooms) with price ranging from Php 1300 to Php 5500. I stayed in one of their Deluxe rooms with a patio for Php 2255 a night (inclusive of a buffet breakfast), just a door away from their restaurant, the Cafe Felisa. It has all the basic facilities that you need ... AC, private rest/shower room (with hot water), and TV with cable channels.

The resort has swimming pools and a lake. Just across the resort is the beach with a long line-up of bars and restaurants that serve foods (mostly sea foods) to satisfy your palate. The place is really peaceful, a home away from home. What started as a small family business in 2005 has become one of the best accommodations in Roxas City.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the swimming pools for easy access to them
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends