All reviewsbuffet breakfastinfinity poolseafoodsan antoniosuperior roomfront officethe breakfast areapolite staffairport pickupthe cottagesbasic facilitiesclean poolpeople's parkiloilo citythe main roadfew minutespleasant stay
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I have just come back from Roxas City where I stayed at this resort. It was not a very pleasant stay.

The place must have been really nice when it first opened but it has not been maintained well. The rooms each have their own terrace where one can hang out with friends. The room itself is spacious with a flat screen tv and a small couch for lounging in. There is a small ref one can store drinks bought from the supermarket and there are some snack items like chips that are part of the very limited mini-bar selection.

The beds had bed bugs and the room had mosquitoes. I actually saw ants crawling on one of the beds and since I was alone in the room, I simply took the other bed after checking for ants and not finding any. I couldn't sleep because of the mosquitoes and it was good I had those mosquito patches. I simply stuck one on my sleep shirt and the mosquitoes finally left me alone.

The bathroom didn't look like they had been cleaned properly. There were dirt and grime in the shower area and I just took my bath as fast as I could.

I has stomach upset the following night and when I called the Front Desk to ask if the had first aid medicines, the staff (it was a man) simply answered no, not even bothering to ask for what.

You can say that this property is not really run professionally and their staff are not really trained. I have to commend though the man who helped us check in as he was very helpful and even insisted on helping me with my luggage and turning on the air-conditioner while I completed the guest info. He was the only pleasant thing during my stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank QCMotherD
Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

Waiting at the lobby for 3 hours now for check in. Terrible staff. Guests are not at fault if previous occupant does not check out on time. It is the resort's responsibility to find alternate rooms and not let their customers wait. Hoping this resort improves.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Joseph R
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I came from Kalibo at around 7pm and luckily got an econoroom. It is near the airport with free transfer. They also have a free breakfast for two in econoroom. The room is not so big with basic tv,wifi, hot and cold water. They also have abig size swimming pool. The food is also good . It is near the Peoples Park in Roxas which is a walkable tourist attraction in the city..

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Globetrotter620701
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Overall, this hotel was a good choice with easy access to Roxas City. The beach is across the street. The pool was maintained reasonably well. The Thai restaurant was a good choice for dinner. Although Roxas has restored power, the area around the hotel is still without. Thus no television or internet service. Water was working with no problems. Generators run lights and AC at night only. This to me was an acceptable situation given the enormity of the damage to the power grid. The downside of this hotel was certainly the condition of the rooms. The beds were not very comfortable. The toilet did not flush well on arrival and despite their try at fixing it never really worked well. I would stay here again as it has a good location and Roxas City does not have too many options. I would be curious to see if the condition of the rooms improve once power is restored.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Since my wife is from Roxas City, she picked this hotel. We have stayed there on three occasions, the last one for 22 days. On the other occasions it was always in excess of 10 days.

Pros:
1) The location is great along BayBay Road with the private beach across the road. We loved the beach for early morning swims during the week when very few people are around.
2) The ambience is nice. We always stayed in the Lagoon Suit which has a balcony over the lagoon. The view from the room gives a great sense of peace.
3) Staff are very responsive. If you complain, they attend to it promptly.
4) The new Thai restaurant offers more variety to the menu.

Cons:
1) Almost everyday there is a new problem which requires fixing. Once there is no water, another time no hot water, then the toilette gets clogged up inspite of proper use, then the airconditioner start making strange noises, etc. The philosophy of the hotel management is to do nothing until there is a complaint. So be prepared to complain.
2) The breakfast choice is very limited and typical Filipino apart from toasted bread.
3) From time to time there are serious noise problems. On one night, the music from their beach facility ran until 4 am. My wife told me that there is no way that the city council will issue a permit for noise until such time.
4) On another occasion there was a reunion near the pool and they started playing pounding loud music at 5:45 am.
5) The resort derives most of its income from functions they host almost every day. So at times it feels like hotel guests' needs rank second to hosting functions.
6) Amazingly the rooms have no drawers, so it is hard to store your clothing if you stay there for more than a few days. You can hang your clothing in an open cabinet, but that's it.
7) The wi-fi is weak in the rooms, but much better in the pool area.

In spite of the problems, we will probably return to this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple