Since my wife is from Roxas City, she picked this hotel. We have stayed there on three occasions, the last one for 22 days. On the other occasions it was always in excess of 10 days.
1) The location is great along BayBay Road with the private beach across the road. We loved the beach for early morning swims during the week when very few people are around.
2) The ambience is nice. We always stayed in the Lagoon Suit which has a balcony over the lagoon. The view from the room gives a great sense of peace.
3) Staff are very responsive. If you complain, they attend to it promptly.
4) The new Thai restaurant offers more variety to the menu.
1) Almost everyday there is a new problem which requires fixing. Once there is no water, another time no hot water, then the toilette gets clogged up inspite of proper use, then the airconditioner start making strange noises, etc. The philosophy of the hotel management is to do nothing until there is a complaint. So be prepared to complain.
2) The breakfast choice is very limited and typical Filipino apart from toasted bread.
3) From time to time there are serious noise problems. On one night, the music from their beach facility ran until 4 am. My wife told me that there is no way that the city council will issue a permit for noise until such time.
4) On another occasion there was a reunion near the pool and they started playing pounding loud music at 5:45 am.
5) The resort derives most of its income from functions they host almost every day. So at times it feels like hotel guests' needs rank second to hosting functions.
6) Amazingly the rooms have no drawers, so it is hard to store your clothing if you stay there for more than a few days. You can hang your clothing in an open cabinet, but that's it.
7) The wi-fi is weak in the rooms, but much better in the pool area.
In spite of the problems, we will probably return to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Business and Leisure by the Beach...... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your San Antonio Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Antonio Hotel Roxas City