“Attentive and hospitable crew..”
Review of San Antonio Resort

San Antonio Resort
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Roxas City
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Our booking date to this hotel was supposedly from March 9 to 11, 2013, unfortunately, our first trip to Roxas was cancelled due to bad weather, we went back and forth Roxas aerial vicinity but could not land, instead the pilot decided to park at Mactan Cebu and wait till the weather recuperate. However, the condition went bad to worst so when the captain announced that our trip to Roxas is officially cancelled for the day, I immediately took my reservation booking to san Antonio, locate for their contact numbers and phoned them right away regarding the situation (around 10:00 am), and viola in less than 2 minutes my booking was moved to my desired date without any fee or penalty incurred due to rebooking or late information. I was so impressed with how they handled the case and thanked them, cause discussing with them was even easier than having my flight moved to my desired booking date. Anyway, come our rescheduled trip to Roxas, me and my husband, happily stayed at San Antonio hotel, we played dock pin in the afternoon, walked at the Baybay beach and dined at the seafood grill nearby…. The hotel also offers tour for a stress free vacation, but we opted to have our usual DIY trip, we went around the city via tricycle, to the Central Market, Central Plaza, City Museum, Panay church, Roxas ancestral house, Baybay park etc. on our first city day tour and rented a boat for Php 1,200 only (our second day tour) for island hopping and stayed at Olatayan island and had a very nice lunch at the house of the boatman, grilled and adobo style- fresh lotus (giant squid) and vegetables- gabi with coconut milk made our tummy very happy, kuya was indeed a great cook… the process were simple yet resulted to a very yummy treat.
Overall, the resort was better than expected, their offers are far more than our basic needs and if ever we will return to Roxas, we will surely go back to San Antonio.

Room Tip: if you intend to have an adventure tour in Roxas, you may choose to book their econo room which offe...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 7, 2013

My first impression upon arrival in Roxas City was: "What did I get myself into?" Its not what I had imagined. But then, as the days went by, I'd have to say it was beautiful! No traffic; no malls. It was beautiful in its simplicity! Do not go looking for Western foods here- the seafood was great! It was simply grilled or put in sinigang. Simple but delicious!
The hotel staff were very good; they quickly fixed the glitch on my reservation and they were very good tour organizers: we were able to visit Olatayan Island with picnic lunch, Pan-ay Church with Roxas City Tour, Cadimahan River Rafting - an eco tour (must do! loved their lunch!).
Hotel could improve on their food; better yet, pirate the cooks from across the street (Bebing's and RML). We got the Lagoon Suite- nice room but could be better.
Hotel was across the Baybay Beach. Tricyles abound to go to Gaisano (try the Zabroso's pizza and Match-something pizza). No jeepneys in Roxas City.
There was a wedding reception on one of our nights; party ended at exactly 12MN. Noisy! TV reception was poor. Free wi-fi connection was also poor. But the kids had fun at the beach, swimming pool and bowling (in slippers!) Its a busy hotel! I dont want to complain; but it could do better.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We enjoyed our stay here, mainly due to the resort's facilities . Absolutely awesome pool (esp for young kids) and great kids playground. It is an excellent location across the road from the beach and all the delicious seafood "shacks".

the standard rooms were fairly basic though. My main gripes being ants in the room (not nice having them on the floor with a crawling baby) and the pool was so grubby by the sunday afternoon that we had to get out (even big chunks of food in it, gross). my other complaint was that on the saturday, when we arrived, there were 3 functions either going on or being set up, so we had to sit on a table out of the way under trees as there was no space for us anywhere else which was annoying.

Breakfast was also limited but for price i paid, i cant really complain.

Service was great. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Sharon G
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We stayed in this hotel last year for an overnight stay after a vacation in Boracay.
We arrived in the hotel at around 8PM and the staff did not even bother to help us with our bags even though they already saw us coming (the reception is a few minutes walk away from the entrance).
The hotel grounds is very big with a number of amenities, some are free and others are not.

The room we got was dirty. There were hair on our beds and even a piece of gum/sticky material on the wall with hair on it. It was really disgusting.
The room we were transferred to was not as dirty but definitely not clean either.
We opted to lay down our towels on the bed before sleeping.

The breakfast we had in the morning was good.
The swimming pool was small and was only around 4ft at its deepest side.
Another bad thing about the hotel is the seemingly lack of security for such a big place.
There are a number of entrances in the hotel premises and we saw a number of people who freely came in and out as there were no security at some entrances.
Unfortunately, there aren't many hotels in Roxas City but I would gladly try a different one.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Chano-Tiano
Reviewed January 26, 2013

The resort has nice amenities - an area to play bowling/billiards, swimming pool & man-made lake (though i was not able to personally try them as i was always outside exploring the rest of Capiz). I really liked the resort's ambiance, and the staff were all warm and friendly. It's actually ideal for family outings (the resort also has a kiddie playground). What I like most is its location: it's just about 20 minutes from the airport, it's near the city center, and most of all, it's just right across Baybay beach, where you can find stalls selling fresh seafood or just simply lounge by the sea. Oh, and I got a 10% discount on my second night when i settled my bill during check-out (i was too happy, i didn't get to ask why), which is another reason why i'll choose this place when I go back to Capiz. :)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank RamblingRunner
Reviewed January 13, 2013

To be honest, i didnt have high expectations of the resort. We had to book there because of a family reunion happening just after Christmas.
But I was pleasantly surprised. The resort was nicely located across from the beach. It was clean and the rooms were spacious. The pool was very nice and the view of the manmade lagoon was beautiful.
The food was ok. The staff were wonderful (we found this to be true everywhere we went in the Philippines).
So, overall, if I was to go to Roxas City again, I would certainly consider San Antonio again.
PS
we arranged pick-up with the hotel's shuttle from Catiklan. it was 4500php and it was worth the money not having to worry about taking public transportation with many luggages on one hand and a young child on the other.

Room Tip: the Lagoon rooms had the best views (though you may find yourself facing more mosquitos). The Garde...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
heyzs13, Marketing & Research Officer at San Antonio Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Hello Mam Mary,
Thank you very much for your heartwarming reviews...its our pleasure to get back to you our service. We will see you again. Thank you also for your clan for having your reunion here in |San Antonio Resort.
We look forward for seeing you all again.
Hazel

Reviewed December 21, 2012

I stayed there for a week with my sister. We had the lagoon room for the first two nights, but moved to their deluxe rooms because we were between two very noisy groups having parties until 4:00 a.m. The room was fine, but sink plumbing was leaking so badly that water leaked straight down the floor. It took three different "plumbers" three different times to fix it.We went to Ilo-Ilo city overnight, came back the next day to find out my sister's luggage was soaking wet, all of her clothes got wet because their A/C unit could not withstand the heavy rain the night before that caused the leak. Also, someone who works in the hotel slashed open my new carry-on luggage and stole my iPhone and charger. I say it's an inside job because workers have access to rooms and a small iPhone can be easily concealed. I will never go back to that hotel again nor will I recommend it to anyone else.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family