“Very Organized Family Owned winery”
Review of Duplin Winery

Duplin Winery
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Rose Hill
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Take a step off the beaten path and discover a hidden gem in Rose Hill filled with rustic charm and southern hospitality. Delight your taste buds with our award winning muscadine wines and learn about our family history on a winery tour. Our staff will share entertaining and amusing family stories and educate you on the wine-making process. Enjoy a delightful meal in our Bistro or relax in our courtyard with a glass of sweet Duplin wine. Our retail store offers a variety of wine accessories and specialty boutique items. Whether you are in town for a visit or you live nearby, Duplin Winery's fun and relaxing atmosphere sweetens any day.
North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Organized Family Owned winery”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We just recently went to a Wine Tasting, Dinner Christmas Show. A whole group of us rode together in a motor home...about 1.5 drive. So fun! The tasting was drawn out too long, I'm used to going through the wines faster, because if too much time lapse in between, you forget the taste... and the serving was very small made it difficult to decide. Then we progressed into the dining room.The service was excellent, and the food was very very good. We were all impressed with the quality of the food. The show was very entertaining and very talented. I love how they kept your attention with having some jokes in between the singing. My fav. song is "Mary Did You Know" and they sang it very beautiful. I also love that he said a blessing over our food before we ate, so rare to have a place do that anymore. Thank you Duplin, for keeping Christ first ! We will be back next year!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank MissPriss33

Wilmington, North Carolina
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“Another Winery?”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We live about 50 miles away so this is a great attraction for a guest. Even my brother-in-law. You see, my brother-in-law and his wife lived most of their lives 20 miles from the Napa Valley and they now live in Everette Washington. When I told them we were going to a winery in NC, they were not thrilled, but I insured them that they would have fun. The process of making wine from the Muscadine grape is very different then CA or Washington grapes. Therefore you really need to go on the tour to really appreciate the Great Duplin wines.
Also; the muscadine grape has a lot of sugar in it and all the wines are sweet. If you like a dry wine like I do, please give this wine a try before judging it. My favorite wine there is Brice's Creek.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank RoverToad
Exton, Pennsylvania
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 135 helpful votes
“Informative and fun”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Our "northern" tour guide, Bruce, did an excellent job of explaining the process to us from grape growing to gathering, pressing and bottling. Employees as we were walking through were friendly. Our "southern" tasting room guide, Bruce, also did a fabulous job explaining the different wines. I had not known before that most of the southern wines produced are sweet wines. They have a nice store where you can purchase from their many variety and wine associated "gifts".

1 Thank Anne M
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Wonderful Family Owned Business”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Went with friends and my parents. I have been to Napa Valley, which obviously has a lot to offer for wine lovers, but this southern winery offers a glimpse into a great American success story for its owners and the small town in which it is located. Our Tour Guide was warm and genuine, as well as informative. The only make sweet wines from the locally grown muscadine grape, but I didn't mind at all!! Brought home a case!!

Carolina Beach, North Carolina
100 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 258 helpful votes
“Fun tour!”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Driving to Raleigh, several of us decided to take a tour of the winery on our travels.

We were greeted at the door with enthusiasm which made us feel very welcomed. Our guide, Tom, was informative and a lot of fun - enjoyable tour, lots of information, great quips and history.

Afte the tour we sat up at the beautiful bar and had a magnificent time with our tasting. While the muscatine grape is not my first choice in a wine, it goes without saying that this winery shines in this area. After tasting about 15 different options, including several on my list for future purchases will be planned.

This isn't Napa Valley but it is in a class by itself and that needs to be considered when choosing this wine. Fresh, crisp and sweet without any cloying ending. It has health properties beyond any other grape and what's not to like about that point?

It is a unique winery, great tour, interesting gift shop and a Bistro for lunch - very good tour.

1 Thank bseashore