All reviews hotel breakfast excellent location railway station within walking distance slender west lake one night jie balcony attractions ge street
Selected filters
Reviewed February 1, 2018

Hotel location is city downtown, very close to famous attractions, like:Shou Xi Hu, Wen Chang GE, Dong Guan Jie, etc.
Hotel breakfast is nice, room is clean.Staffs are very nice too. Better to choose room facing inside not street.

Room tip: Higher floor, room facing inside not street.
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Eric Y, other at Holiday Inn Express Yangzhou City Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2018

Dear Eric Z,

Thanks for choosing to stay with us.We appreciate your comments and are very delighted to know that we were able to provide you with a enjoyable stay. Our hotel was chosen to be a great combination of convenient transportation to all the major tourist destination of Yangzhou and rich living facilities nearby. Besides, we are also very glad to know that our nutritional balanced free breakfast, clean guest room and helpful staff service were well to your liking. Your praise to our hotel will always keep motivating us to provide more high quality services in the future. Hope you can choose to stay with us again in the future.

IHG Social Listening Team

Reviewed October 4, 2017

Stayed in this hotel as it was close to our 'sister school' where our school group were visiting. The staff stayed in hotel while students experienced a home stay. The rooms were very clean modern and had everything you required. Very comfy doona on bed. Woke every morning to the sound of relaxing music and people doing tai chai in the park along the canal bordering the hotel. Big rooms, big lobby walking distance to major tourist attractions and centre of city.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed May 26, 2017

This hotel locates in the city centre, can go to many attractions on foot, but hotel seems a little bit old, the breakfast was poor, not that much choice. And the day when I stayed
there, there were also several travel tours staying there, it's nosy.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Eric Y, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Yangzhou City Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We hope you can satisfied with our service. We will continue to strive in delivering quality services, allowing our guests' to indulge in the best they deserve. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again.

IHG Social Listening Team

Reviewed October 11, 2016

I was on my two-month business trip around supplier factories in China, and I randomly picked Yangzhou as a weekend getaway during my trip, hence, I chose to stay in this property due to my IHG membership.

Upon arrival, I was greeted by the friendly staff who informed me that they upgraded me to a better room. At first I was literally skeptical about the word "upgrade": Rooms in Holiday Inn Express are always the same, how can an "upgrade" can be made? But, once I entered my room, "WOW!!! It is an UPGRADE!!!" The room was spacious, than any other HIX I've stayed, and, it came with a BALCONY!!!!! As to the comfort and cleanliness, no complaints from me, I slept like a baby at night.

This property's location is around the corner of Yangzhou's famous "Slender West Lake" attraction, and close to an amount of historic sites / tourist' attractions. Basically, my Yangzhou weekend was all about walking around those sites and attractions leisurely, unwind the tensions and stress from business travels, and of course, those local delicacies (Not just the famous "Yangzhou Fried Rice", folks), yum yum.

Oh, there's one thing I'd like to address to anybody who plan to stay here: The hotel breakfast is purely "basic", which I would recommend you to have it somewhere else in the city. After all, Yangzhou is famous for its cuisines. :P

Room tip: Room number ends with "01", personal experience.
Date of stay: August 2016
1  Thank Rodger C
Reviewed August 26, 2016

This hotel is fairly cheap and the rooms are pretty nice and comfortable. I was in Yangzhou for tourism and just wanted a decent place to sleep. The Slender West Lake, one of the main attractions in Yangzhou, is walking distance from this hotel, so the location is great too.

The taxi cost from the Yangzhou railway station to this hotel (taxi is basically your only transportation option) is roughly 30 RMB, so not bad.

The free breakfast was only mediocre, but because I didn't pay much for my stay, I'm not complaining.

Date of stay: August 2016