“beautiful city of tipical Chinese character”

Ramada Plaza Yangzhou Casa
Ranked #3 of 384 Hotels in Yangzhou
Yangzhou, China
“beautiful city of tipical Chinese character”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I have to admit that the scenery outside the room is very nice. It is part of the old Grand Canal site.
And till now it is still alive, tourists from all over the world would like to have a visit of the grand canal especiall at night.
Well, back to the hotel, the service is very nice, the enviroment is very clean and tity.
It takes a very big part why travelling in yangzhou is so amazing.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear guests:
Thank you very much for staying in ramada casa plaza hotel Yangzhou! From your words,We can feel your love and support, and let us become more and more good will. Service has no ending, we have a lot of space, for this, we also in unceasingly diligently. Sincerely hope that your every check in, our considerate service can leave unforgettable memories for you, wish you in the ramada enjoy pure good time. I wish you a happy life!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
washington, dc
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I stayed here for a couple of nights in late March and would avoid, if i could, in the future. Outside of the rooms, the hotel mostly smells of smoke, the rooms, while updated, are bizarre: bathrooms with glass walls that are completely open to the bedroom. So let's say you are sharing the room, if you are on the can, or in the shower, the person you are sharing with, can see you. It's just kind of strange.

Service was fairly slow, and the restaurant at breakfast was a free-for-all. No seats (no one showing guests to seats) and the food and food selection were not very good. And the coffee was pretty awful.

Also, a few folks from our group used the spa since the hotel offered coupons. My advice: avoid the spa.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear guests:
It's our honner to recept you! we are very pleased that we get your recognition, Our employees encouraged! The hotel does not make you full satisfaction, we deeply sorry. Sincerely look forward to your stay again, then we will use more perfect facilities and warm service to meet you! Sincerely wish you a happy life and everything!
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed December 15, 2012

This is a poor hotel with untrained and dis interested staff. If you want to check in or out , thee is no order to the waiting and if there is a large grips say 5 or more its a rugby scrum. The staff don't help either , constantly turning attention to whomever shouts loudest. The rooms are ok, large bed, flat screen...BUT one enlist channel and constantly frozen sattelite service. Now wifi in room - you have to ask for it, then when it's delivered it works on and off... The worst is the restaurant, which is an endless walk through they hotel. All the food is cold or warm at best, of very questionable quality. Even asking for something from the ala carte restaurant is hopeless.. Their is bar behind reception, which serves gin BuT NO tonic!!! Generally the staff do not speak English. The rooms all smell of smoke and are a bit damp in winter also. This is china from 10 years ago. Not very good at all.

Room Tip: Look to high room and above main block not wings, restaurants on right side of hotel but dont bother...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
China
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I can't tell you if the rooms are big/small, comfortable or otherwise. I only wanted a cup of coffee and a slice of chocolate walnut cake from the lobby bar when my partner and myself were the only customers on a quiet Saturday afternoon. There were two other couples in the lobby bar but they were actually surrounded by luggage and sleeping. Ambient indeed.

We seated ourselves and waited. We waited for ten minutes (ample time to study the limited menu and actually memorise it). The girl at the tour desk played with her mobile phone, slurped her tea and finally fell asleep across her desk.

The girl behind the elevated bar/counter skillfully avoided eye contact. My partner waved at her frantically and she disappeared completely. I went over and climbed up the stairs to the counter where she had been standing. She was crouched behind the bar, putting items into bags. I asked her who I should ask if I want to eat and drink in the lobby bar. She reluctantly got up, climbed down the stairs and took a menu from a table. I explained that I didn't need a menu as I had looked at it for quite some time. She shrugged. We left.

This hotel is only two years old but the design and atmosphere remind me of the three star Chinese wedding hotels. It is a great pity as the hotel is in a great location for sightseeing. It sits on the "Grand Canal" of Marco Polo fame and in fact, the Marco Polo museum is directly across the river from the hotel. The East Gate of the old city wall with its old-style walking street is also just across the river.

Due to the lovely location, we had considered staying here. Obviously the lobby bar experience destroyed that notion. As we left (without coffee or chocolate walnut cake), we saw two other foreigners who were staying there walking to the Mingtien Coffee Language cafe across the street. Anyone who has lived in China for some time can attest to the blandness of food in these restaurants. This isn't a good advertisement for the offerings at Ramada. Maybe those other foreigners waited in vain for service too.

Yangzhou has many boutique hotels that have been built inside old imperial gardens. These are much friendlier and more atmospheric. Choose one of those!

Room Tip: Choose one of Yangzhou's lovely boutique hotels.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Arlington
Reviewed May 30, 2012

I tried to make a reservation for this hotel on line, through the Ramada web site. It showed no vacancies for non-smoking rooms (four months out). So I called Ramada. The representative confirmed the same information -- no non-smoking rooms available. I had thought the new China was making progress in providing a more healthful atmosphere, at least for foreigners. Not at the Yangzhou Ramada Casa. [We did not stay there, but TripAdvisor insisted I put in a date below.]

Room Tip: Don't go unless you like breathing stale smoke, or don't need to breathe.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear guesr !
Thank you for choosing Ramada casa hotel ,though you don't stay.ramada is in beautifl city_Yangzhou and near the historical canal.you can go many scene spots easily ang fastly.And we have many delicious and local food,we hope you can enjoy them.we are look forward for your coming.best wishes!
Qingdao, China
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Enetering the Ramada Yangzhou Casa is quite nice. You feel right at home in a nice 4 Star environemt of an international hotel. Service is nice at check in. Unfortunately that enthusiastic feeling will not last for long...

Entering my room I was immediately searching for the door to the living room - unfortunately the room was just that small. After opening my suitecase I litteraly could not open the door anymore. To safe more space the designer integrated the shower, toilet and wash basin into the room just splitting each of this sections with a glassdoor. So steam from showering will swirl onto your bed : (

The shower is quite nice, hot water and lots of water avaiable. TV has CNN, star movie and discovery channel, but is also pretty limited to these three channels. Wireless LAN is only available in the lobby and restaurants, although internet LAN cable is available in every room for free. So no Iphone but Laptop ;)

Getting into sleep I found out that the builing is completly covered with white neon lights. Whatever room you are in - there is a line of white neon lights just outside your window. There are light tight curtains but left and righthand side of that curtains a little light comes in.

What really upset me was the buffet. Breakfast buffet was included in my rent. The first evening I dared to use the dinner buffet also. Both was in a horrible mess. The variety of food was limited - but OK. Im In Yangzhou and not in Shanghai, right. But the food was not fresh at all. The camembert on the cheeseplatter sticked on the platter and was hard from the top, so it was there for several days without replacement. And right - in the morning there was the same old cheeseplatter there that I had seen in the evening. The 1000island dressing was dark red. After complaining they replaced it with one that was fresh made and had just right color - so no problem of recipe. One nice fact of the buffet: Longdrinks were for free, but no Coke! Unfortunately the did not agree that a vodka cola without vodka would count as a longdrink...

Room Tip: Go to Nanjing
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear guesr !
Thank you for choosing Ramada casa hotel .About the problems you pointed ,we are paying much attention to change and reform.Hope you a good day !Thank you!
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 19, 2012

Stayed in this hotel for three weeks for work. I wanted to like it more than i did. First off- the English was very very limited, which was quite frustrating since my stay at the hotel required quite a few calls to guest services...

the worst part about this hotel for me was the climate control. My company had booked me a room on the East side of the hotel and every morning it was 27 degrees Celsius- no matter how many times I called it was sooo hot- apparently they aren't in to airconditioning. I finally switched to a room on the North side which was much cooler (around 24) but I am just floored at the fact that a "western" hotel won't turn on their air conditioning in May. that is the main reason I give this hotel a low rating.

Other than that-they dont have wireless in the rooms and I was having a trouble with my wired connection- so they brought my a wireless router which was nice- they should have wireless in the whole hotel.

Last comment regarding the restaurant- breakfast and dinner were the same exact food for a few days in a row. NEEDED new options bc you cant eat both breakfast and dinner there. No matter how tired I was after a long day at work I would refuse to eat in the hotel because it was so bad.

The only reason I gave this three stars instead of two is becaues the location was good, the rooms (on the north side not on the east) were fine and I can't imagine there is much better options in Yangzhou for Western hotels.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the East side if you dont want to be in the heat
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear guest !
Thank you for your review.we are sorry about not make you satisfied.about air condition and wifi,we have already changed .believe you come next time you can have different feelings.we have try our best to make food more delicious and colorful.sorry again.Hope you good day!