“Excellent but need some improvements”

Zhangjiajie Pullman Hotel
Ranked #1 of 454 Hotels in Zhangjiajie
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for three nights and we were generally pleased except for a few areas. As we traveled in a group, we were put in a the breakfast café meant for group tours. Our tour leader had arranged for breakfast at 6.30 am. Since we needed some extra time for breakfast, we went down early at 6.15 but breakfast wasn't ready. It was clearly written on the entrance as well as on the place-mats that breakfast starts everyday from 6.00 am. One staff was rather rude and another one was indifferent when we asked why breakfast wasn't ready then.
On the second night, we could not open our room door with the key-card. We updated the key at the reception but the door still refused to open. Fortunately the person in charge was very apologetic and put us in another room while waiting for someone to rectify the problem.
The garden and the swimming pool were just beautiful! We had the foot reflexology done at the spa. The treatment was relaxing and the charges were very reasonable.
There was a artificial creek in the garden but disappointingly, it ran dry.
We are satisfied with the hotel and certainly will go back again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Kelly Z, Public Relations Manager at Zhangjiajie Pullman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Dear SsMm M,

Warm greetings from Pullman Zhangjiajie and thank you for your comments on tripadvisor!We are happy that you satisfied with our hotel,but for some aspect you mentioned ,we had take some actions to improve,thank you for your suggestions,all ladies and gentlemen welcome you back to Pullman Zhangjiajie next time!

Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic! Everything was perfect. Great location! It is very comfortable clean. The staff were friendly! I would stay again !

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Kelly Z, Public Relations Manager at Zhangjiajie Pullman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear Jonson_m,

Thank you for your review. We are glad to know that you have wonderful memories of your time with us. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Zhangjiajie!

Reviewed November 2, 2013

On the outside, the Pullman in Zhangjiajie looks great, especially during the day time when you can see the surrounding hills. The room I have is supposed to be an upgrade to an executive premium. It is of a decent size but the fittings are in dire need of an upgrade. The sofa is fraying, the wall paper has lifted off the wall and the carpet has that damn, moldy looks and smell and it overlooks an abandoned building project, but the free in room wi-fi has good signalsi. Breakfast was average, however, I find it strange that althought they start serving breakfast at 6.30, the waiting staff doesn't appear to come in till 7.00. Yes, it's full of noisy tour groups especially in the mornings, but what does one expect in a town built around a major tourist attraction. I don't think ther are many, if any business travellers in this area. Everyone who comes here has only one purpose, that is too see the Wulingyuan National Park and for that, The Pullman is ideal, it's within walking distance @ 15 minutes to one of the many entrances to the park. It is however, a little far from the airport and from Zhangjiajie town center.

Now it must pay compliments to the staff, to Ms Kelly Zheng in the PR department and the concierge . When I was worried about transportation to the hotel from the airport because I was arriving late evening from Xian, I emailed The Pullman about the issue the day before I was due to arrive, Ms Kelly replied promptly to my mail and because I was staying for 5 nights, offered me free transfer from the airport to the hotel. When I needed a train ticket to Guangzhou, I approached the conciege and he immediately and personally went to buy the ticket for me. The concierge staff was also very helpful in giving me suggestions and guides on how to do the National Park as I am traveling alone. Thank you very much.

My stay is still ongoing but so far I have overlooked all the minor physical difficiencies and am enjoying the amazing sites of Wulingyuan and the warm, helpful services of the staff at the Pullman.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Ceegee01

Dear Ceegee01,

Thank you for your review on your recent stay in Pullman Zhangjiajie. we are so glad that you were impressed by the hospitality and service from our team. I will share your comments with them and I think they will be delighted with the recognition,aslo we should thank you for your kindly suggestion, We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Zhangjiajie!

Reviewed November 1, 2013

All the good points have been mentioned before. What could maybe be done better: The room 3617 should have better lighting. Also the bathroom is too dark.Carpets in a hotelroom are unhygienic. The drinking water bottles could be a size bigger. The grey coats of the waitresses in the breakfast room look terrible, like bought in a second hand store. But I liked the staff. When I asked the little waitress at the bar for one glass of red wine, she started to think hard, and then ran away to get some help. With her charm and a little bit of training, she will be a great staff.

Room Tip: Ask for the manager, and tell him you want to see all the rooms, then choose the best.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Stoeff,

Thank you for taking time to share your stay experience on tripadvisor.it is appreciate for all your good suggestions ,which really make us improve ,thank you so much and we are looking forward to your coming next time!

Reviewed October 24, 2013

The university I was visiting booked me into this hotel for my visit to the Zhangjiajie National Park. Although it was very nice, I found it too nice. The clientele was mostly very wealthy Korean tourists. It wasn't like being in China. It's a great place to stay if you want to insulate yourself from a China experience but, for myself, I wanted someplace with more character. If I wanted to feel like I was in Las Vegas, I'd go to Las Vegas. The breakfast buffet scene was a real turn-off, with way too much pushing and shoving to get to the food. The staff were nice but the place is just way to glitzy for my taste. And the room, overlooking the theatre next door, was very noisy until the show ended for the night.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Kelly Z, Public Relations Manager at Zhangjiajie Pullman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2013

Dear PCR1,

Warm greetings from Pullman Zhangjiajie and thank you for taking time to share your stay experience on tripadvisor!Pullman Zhangjiajie is located in Wulingyuan scenic spot,as an international five star hotel,it attracts many foreign freinds to choose stay,including guest form Korea ;also we should say sorry for all the inconvience to youduring your stay,we can arrange another room which is far away from the show for you if just let us know,all staff in Pullman Zhangjiajie are looking forward to your back in near future.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

The hotel’s transportation is very convenient., its environment is very beautiful, the service facilities is complete and the food is very delicious. It is worth mentioning that the staff is very helpful and not only provides us with a good service, also provide us with a better tourist routes and suggestions, recommended a local cuisine, so can save us a lot of time. I have a good time in this journey, and this is a pleasant, comfortable travel. This is a superb hotel.

Room Tip: The sight of front rooms is better
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Kelly Z, Public Relations Manager at Zhangjiajie Pullman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Dear Tan J,Thank you for taking time to share your staying experience on tripadvisor!we are so glad you spend happy time in Pullman Zhangjiajie,your good comment encourage us so much,we will go on offering best service to all our guest and looking forward to your coming next time!

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I would highly recommend anyone to stay at this hotel. It was beautiful and spacious with nice clean rooms and the staff was wonderful. It was wonderful to visit the beautiful sites of this area and come back to a very nice hotel room. Very welcoming.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Kelly Z, Public Relations Manager at Zhangjiajie Pullman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear Debbie J,

Thank you for your wonderful comment and strong recommedation!We are delighted that you had such a memorable experience during your stay at our Pullman hotel while in Zhangjiajie. we want to thank you very much for taking the time to share your experiences with your fellow travelers and for also allowing us the opportunity to share your feedback with the entire team here at Pullman Zhangjiajie!

We are looking forward to your coming in near future!