“Zhangjiajie d mountain of Avatar Movie”

Wulingyuan Scenic and Historic Interest Area of Zhangjiajie
Book In Advance
More Info
$165.00*
and up
Private Tour of Zhangjiajie National Forest Park, Wulingyuan Scenic, and...
More Info
$189.00*
and up
Private Tour: Explore Zhangjiajie National Forest Park
Jakarta, Indonesia
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Zhangjiajie d mountain of Avatar Movie”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

1st time I saw dis mountain pic when I was visted Beijing. I bought greatwall pic n it have double pic when U slint n there is Zhangjiajie mountain. I was amazed.....how cud mountian shaped like a spike.....Then I looked at internet n found where is dat place. I cud wait 2visit next yr. When I arrived there... OOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGG I was stunted n cudnt say anything... Its really amazing........ !!! Superb mountain dat U cudnt find any where....in dis world. They also made Avatar movie as a background here.
I also use glass elevator from d bottom of mountain 2 d top. We can c d mounatin from d elevator...n make some pic.... it was 326 levels n d highest elevator mayb d 1st n only in d mountain.

Visited May 2012

• Thai first
Nanjing, China
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“The best mountain scenery that I've ever seen!”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

My friends and I went to Zhangjiajie, as we'd heard that the mountains in the movie, Avatar, we're inspired by the mountains in the Wulingyuan Scenic Are. We never thought that the scenery would be as stunningly beautiful as that which we saw.
It's best to start early in the the morning, as later in the day the mountain tends to get too misty to see a lot of the scenery. Buses leave about every 10 minutes from the Zhangjiajie city bus station and take you to the Wulingyuan bus terminal (about 10 minutes walk from the ticket office, where you can purchase your passes (245 kuai for an adult, 160 for a student - this pass lasts for 3 days in case you want to come back). You then board a bus that takes you in the direction you want to go. If a big stair hike is what you are after, catch the bus to the Ten Mile Gallery, catch the small sightseeing train and then hike up the mountain from there. If you want to stop off lots along the way (which you would be crazy not to), the hike to the pagoda at the top will take you around 3 hours. You can then catch the chairlift back to the bottom of the mountain. Buses take you back to the ticket office and from there you can take another bus back to. The last bus out of Wulingyuan for the day leaves at around 7pm.

Visited September 2012
8 Thank Louisa B
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Breath-Taking Scenery”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Wulingyuan is very big and most of the scenery is to see mountains. I would recommend to stay inside the village and to hire a tour guide to bring you around because they know how to skip the tourist spot and bring you to breath-taking scenery without much people and you can fully enjoy the view. They can save up your time also. This Wulingyuan National Park is much more bigger and complicated than Jiuzhaigou.
One of the downside of staying inside village is that they force you to eat dinner at their restaurant which is over-priced and I recommend you to stay 2 d 1 n inside the village because if the first night you don't eat at their restaurant, they wont allow you to stay the second night!
2D1N is enough inside the village if you are not really a mountain enthusiast and you can skip the Golden Whip as I feel it is just mountain with some monkeys, and nothing special.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank goldenmouse
London
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“A must see: Zhangjiajie/Wulingyuan scenic area”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

My husband and I visited Zhangjiajie and Wulingyuan 4 days end of March 2012.
I was going to write this review as soon as we got back, but unfortunately time has passed by too quickly... Like a few other reviews, we also contacted Jeffrey Tang Ming (at zjjtripadvisor@yahoo.cn) prior to traveling. We decided to get most out of our 4 days by doing a program with a guide arranged by Mr Tang Ming. I highly recommend his service. It is possible to do this trip without a guide but you will waste a lot of time figuring out where to go and which busses to get. Also there is no or very little information in english.
By email I mentioned what we wanted to see and asked for suggestions. We paid a deposit via paypal and the balance in cash upon arrival. Our guide Velica spoke good english and was able to answer our questions and give us the local history. She also took us to nice local restaurants for lunch and helped us order as there were no english menus. We invited our guide and driver to eat with us. They also booked hotels for us and got a better rate than what we were able to get online. In Wulingyuan the Pullman hotel is a good place to stay:comfortable, clean and a good breakfast.
We arrived at Zhanjiajie at 11pm and heavy rain and were greeted by our guide Velica and female driver Swan. It was 30min drive to Wulingyuan where Velica checked us in and made sure we were satisfied with our room. We had 3 days here and saw the Yellow Dragon cave which is huge and on 4 levels, had a really lovely walk in the Zhangjiajie grand canyon, Golden Whip Stream: amazing views looking up at huge stone pinnacles, cable car up to Huangshizhai with amazing views, again amazing views from Tianzishan mountain: from here we got the Bailong elevator down from the mountain which was pretty cool. A boat ride on the Baofang lake is also very nice if you have spare time. We spent the 3rd night in Zhangjiajie as we wanted to see the amazing outdoor evening Fox Fairy Opera; a must see ! Its set up on the mountain side. The morning after we got the 7000m long cable car up to Mount Tianmen where the plank road is. Quite an experience walking on it and highly recommended.

Visited March 2012
8 Thank Gastronomic-girl
Hong Kong, China
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Jazz coffee in ten miles gallary wulingyuan scenic Area”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

When you arrive at the Ten Miles Gallery Three Sisters view point in the Wulingyuan zhangjiajie national park, welcome to visit Jazz coffee . they serve Lavazza coffee, muffins, pizza, etc. and is the only western style coffee shop in the park...

Visited June 2012
7 Thank lornazhao

Travelers who viewed Wulingyuan Scenic and Historic Interest Area of Zhangjiajie also viewed

Been to Wulingyuan Scenic and Historic Interest Area of Zhangjiajie? Share your experiences!