“Good”

Crowne Plaza Changsha City Centre
Ranked #10 of 1,446 Hotels in Changsha
Reviewed November 28, 2013

The staff is nice and warm. Good service, nice buffet on the 8th floor, large room and comfortable. And the Thai restaurant is very good ,the food I like it very much. There are some shopping mall near here ,it is convenient to sopping.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
CrownePlazaChangsha, Manager at Crowne Plaza Changsha City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

Dear Guest, Thanks for your suggestion and choosing to stay in our hotel. It is our honor to have you stay in our hotel。We are so glad that you have a wonderful stay in our hotel.
Sincerely welcoming you and looking forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

I am actually still living in the hotel for one more day.
I'll be short.
Pros:
- central location, just on the corner of huangxin road. Probably one of the few 5 star hotels in Changsha having such location.
- attentive and friendly staff, smiles
- clean hotel, clean rooms
- quiet in the rooms
- good bed
- staff gives relatively proper upgrades and I managed to get access to club floor, although was not entitled to
- sometimes has events allowing better rates, free dinners, etc
- free wifi in the room
Cons:
- I am ambassador member. When checked in, they offered suite. When I got to the room, I found out the suite had a WALL view (I really don't understand how suites can have such a view!). Also, bad smell in the room and a noisy aircon. However they changed my room to executive floor regular room at the same rate. The regular room of course is far from being comparable to suite, but view is good and no smell.
- the shower sprinkler is broken
- no bath tub
- really old and small LCD (both in suite and executive floor room)
- too dark everywhere
- old hotel. I think rooms need refurbishment in everything including furniture, carpets, etc.
- noisy aircons
- not a value for money. I have seen much better and newer hotels in agoda and at a much lower rate. But they were all not so close to the city centre (15-20 minutes drive). Anyway, I think Crowne should either reconsider its pricing or renovate the hotel.

Cannot comment on food as I usually don't eat in hotels where I stay.

Room Tip: Club floor 23 is the best for rooms. Also, buy yourself a gold ambassador card with 200$ (as far as...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Jonnik
CrownePlazaChangsha, Manager at Crowne Plaza Changsha City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Dear Guest, Thanks for your suggestion and choosing to stay in our hotel. It is our honor to have you stay in our hotel. We aim to offer an efficiency and excellent service to each guest and let them have a comfortable stay in our hotel. We are terribly sorry that we had not offered you an excellent experience. Our hotel is located at the city center of Changsha and surrounded by lots of office buildings. We are pleased to offer our city view room with twin beds for you in advance if we received the information before your arrival. Your comments on the air condition and bath room, the smell will be delivered to related department to better improve them. We appreciated if you could advise us your stay detail so that we can look into it. Please feel free to contact our duty manager for any assistance. Wish you all the best and welcoming you back again !

Reviewed November 18, 2013

This is the first time I write a review again for a hotel. My friend booked me in another newer and more luxurious hotel but I asked for this one, and have no regret. A lot of "newly rich", young or old, are only looking at the hardwares and Crowne Changsha may not win on that side overwhelmingly, but if you have stayed in enough luxury hotels in enough locations, you know what ultimately matters to you, a professional and competent team who make your room comfortable and clean, serve you with nicely prepared meal, and keep everything else running smoothly and efficiently. That is what you are likely to get here. In fact I personally like the deco here, which gives a feeling of warmth and quality, and they keep everywhere spotless. In fact I have discovered a few areas that they have improved since my last stay. The young men and women here are nice people, so much so that even if they forget a thing or two, you will feel obligated to give them another chance and very likely, they will do better next time. A nice place have a good rest and get some work done in the room.

Room Tip: I like cooler room so if you are like me, tell the staff when you check in so they will find you a r...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TopGun T
CrownePlazaChangsha, Manager at Crowne Plaza Changsha City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Dear Guest, Thanks for your suggestion and choosing to stay in our hotel. Thanks for your high esteem of our service quality. We can assure you that we will take pride in sharing your comments with our wonderful team here and thank them for their outstanding service to you.
We sincerely look forward to having the chance to welcome you back and showing you are warm hospitality once again.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

First of all,this hotel set their lobby on 2nd floor,and they got me upgrade as a platinum member.
The city view room is just ok,and the breakfast was....also ok.
There is no smile on the staff's face.I don't like it.
And the room was full of bad smells.So they changed a room for me.
I think i love their bed,so soft!!!!I like it very much!
And the sofa,OMG,very excellent!!!
The location is the best of best!Trust me,it's the center of the city center!
U guys may choose this hotel as the trip of Changsha.

Room Tip: Remember,the lobby is on the 2nd floor!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
CrownePlazaChangsha, Manager at Crowne Plaza Changsha City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Dear Guest, Thanks for your suggestion and choosing to stay in our hotel.As our loyalty platinum member, we are pleased to offer a free upgrade and it is subject to room availability of arrival day. We aim to offer an excellent and comfortable, warm service to our guest. Thanks for your reminder and we will enhance related training and show our smile for the guest. Our location is definitely on the center of Changsha city and it is very convenient for both business man or leisure guest. Looking forward to servicing you in the near future.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

We had a good couple of days on business trip at the hotel.
The lobby is on the second floor. The staff are not the best trained so it is important to ask for exactly what you want. No mucking about. The staff will not proactively help or offer help.

The rooms are big and the clean.

Breakfast is really good to spend some time to have a good long breakfast.

Room Tip: Get a room way up high facing the crossroads in the front. Ask for unobstructed view since there are...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
CrownePlazaChangsha, Manager at Crowne Plaza Changsha City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Dear Guest, Thanks for your suggestion and choosing to stay in our hotel. It is our pleasure to service for you in our hotel and the “lucky guests” aim to offer an memorable stay experience for our guest. We are so glad that you are satisfied with our service and facility. Looking forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

First of all, we received a free upgrade ( we had booked a double room but thet gave us such a wonderful studio, we were " lucky guests" that day ). People from the staff is very helpful and polite, specially Mr. Jimmy Nie who helped us with many information, train tickets, etc. Breakfast is very complete, also the midday buffet ( but just take it if you arrive on time, otherwise there will not be enough food ). Location in perfect, near the walking stores area and just few steps from the bridge from you can see fireworks every Saturday at 8:30 pm.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest, Thanks for your suggestion and choosing to stay in our hotel. It is our pleased to service for you in our hotel and the “lucky guests” aim to offer an memorable stay experience for guest. We are so glad that you are satisfied with our service and facility. Looking forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for one night on a recent business trip. When my driver dropped me off it was close to midnight and it was confusing how to get to reception, eventually someone passing by directed me to the second floor.

The staff wasn't very friendly at the reception. I was given my key and I headed to the room. As soon as the lifts opened to my floor the smell hit me, it was a cross between damp and stale cigarettes.

I settled in my room and tried to order a vodka and tonic via room service - 10 minutes later I had a call to say that they had spoken to the bar and it wasnt on the room service menu so I couldnt have it and I would have to go to the bar myself.

The room was ok and it had a great shower.

I was glad to leave and get some fresh air

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Dawn M
CrownePlazaChangsha, Manager at Crowne Plaza Changsha City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2013

Dear Guest, Thanks for your suggestion and choosing to stay in Crown Plaza Changsha City Centre. Thank you for your time to rate us on the tripadvisor, I would like to express my appreciate that you give us such value comment and this is really benefit to our hotel. Please do accept my sincere apologize regarding the room were not meet your expectation during your past visit. We will look into those points with our management team and follow up some relevant action immediately. The hotel lobby is located on the 2nd floor to offer a quiet and private space for guest. There is a lift and a elevated separately on the 1st floor to get to the lobby. Meanwhile, if you need any assistance, please feel free to inquiry with our concierge or contact us directly. We aim to offer a professional and warm service to our valued guest. I really hope that you may give us opportunity to see our improvement and please drop me a line via 86 731 82888888x6608 once you have plan back to Changsha.