“I would stay here again.”

Sheraton Changsha Hotel
Ranked #3 of 1,446 Hotels in Changsha
Reviewed October 22, 2011

This is my first Sheraton experience in China. I think this hotel is the best one in Changsha by far.

The location of the hotel is not the center for business and amusement. However, since Changsha city is not very big, it is rather convenient for getting everywhere by taxi.

The whole room facilities are new and with high quality. The Sheraton bed is always comfortable.

The breakfast is excellent, with western and Chinese food served, but the breakfast price is expensive. Therefore, I think it should be a good choice to try a local breakfast, such as Changsha noodle. There are some restaurant near the hotel.

The water quality in the swimming pool is excellent, and highly beyond the average in China.

The service is warm and good -- according with the Sheraton standard.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
nemo_zhang, Manager at Sheraton Changsha Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2011

Very much appreciated for you to share your experience in tripadvisor.
We feel very glad to know that we have met your expectations of Sheraton Hotels,espeicially in you first stay in China.
Once again, many thanks for taking the time to share your experience.We are looking forward to your next visit. Please do not hesitate to reach out, should you be in need of assistance when planning your next trip to Changsha.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,456)

Reviewed September 17, 2011

This is a good hotel in a rather backward city. Everything you expected for Sheraton quality are there. The bathroom designed well for quest's comfortable stay. The breakfast and lunch buffet are in good quality and covers a great variety. Services are also all very well. However, they charge for internet usage, rather expensive as well, and in an environment that nowadays most Chinese hotel waive the internet charge, looks odd.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
nemo_zhang, Manager at Sheraton Changsha Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2011

Very much appreciated your kind comments, we are glad to know that our property have met your expectations of Sheraton quality .We will share your comments to all of our associates.
For internet access in our property, Link @ Sheraton at lobby offer free internet access to in hotel guest and we also provide free Wi-Fi access in hotel public area.

Again thank you for taking the time to write.

Regards,

Nemo Zhang- Online Marketing Manager

Reviewed September 1, 2011

so..Its a sheraton in almost every respect. looks like a fairly new Sheraton as well, rooms are nice, and beds are comfy, check-in staff good....

but beware of room service. Ordered some simple comfort food:, the portions are very small on the club sandwich and ham and cheese sandwich, I could barely find the cheese on the ham +cheese. I asked for yellow mustard, and got dijon mustard. My colleague ordered food for take away the night before and they completely forgot the order.
Yeah, its delivered to your room in 30min, but the f+b manager seems to be focused on portion control..which means you get little food for the high price you pay for room service.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
nemo_zhang, General Manager at Sheraton Changsha Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2011

Dear guest,

Thanks for taking the time to review Sheraton Changsha Hotel and your comments about your in-room dining experience which was not up to expectations. I have shared your online comments with my Associates so that we can better address similar situation in the future and provide for a better feeling of our services. Certainly hope that we can be of service in the near future extending our Hospitality to you for a better stay in the city of Changsha.

Again thank you for taking the time to write.

Regards,

Reviewed August 19, 2011

A wonderful hotel.

I would highly recommend this hotel. The reception is tastefully done. Hallways and rooms were very clean with no lingering smoke smell. Service was excellent. The rooms were of a good size with nice quality furnishings and very comfortable beds. The AirCon kept a nice consistent temperature and the carpets were well maintained

Bathrooms were clean and very functional.

The locations was good and central to everything. Changsha is not that big anyway.
The breakfast was one of the best I've had in a while.

And this was all for 1000 RMB.

I really have no complaints!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
nemo_zhang, General Manager at Sheraton Changsha Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2011

Our Associates and I very much appreciated your kind comments about our property. We aim to provide our esteemed clientele with excellent and memorable service as well as warm and personal touch. We are glad to know that we have met your expectations and provided an environment where you can feel comfortable while you are away from home. Once again, many thanks for taking the time to share your experience.

Reviewed June 4, 2011

Hotel Sheraton,Changsha, China, 30th May- 2ndJune 2011 :
It was my first visit to China for a Business trip and I was keeping my fingers crossed for a homely treatment at the hotel to feel comfortable at a new place. And I am all praises for the hotel really, and could not stop myself from writing about it at the TripAdvisor so that others could know about it.

Hotel Sheraton is a luxurios hotel with price ranging from affordable middle range rooms to higher price range. It is situated in a location that gives a good view of the city and is near to the city railway station, making it easily accessible and easier to commute from.

The staff was very cooperative and language was not at all problem as everyone knew English.I had forgotten to get the adaptor for charging my cell phone.They did help me in getting one on their own thus winning my praises for quick and efficient service. Restaurant included all sorts of cuisines so even food was not a problem.

Overall the experience was quiet good and I hope to get my family here on my next trip to Hunan.Its worth spending a day or two with your loved ones here.
Would like to Thank them for their hospitality and warm welcome.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
nemo_zhang, General Manager at Sheraton Changsha Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2011

Dear Mr. Singh

Very much appreciated your kind comments about our property but most importantly our Associates. We aim to provide best service with personal touch. We are glad to know that we have met your expectations and provided an environment where you can feel comfortable while you are away from home. Once again, many thanks for taking the time to share your experience.

Reviewed April 20, 2011

Stayed here for business and the nicely appointed lobby gave a good impression upon check-in. My colleague booked me at the residence block rather than the main hotel block, only seperated by different lift lobbies next to each other. Unfortunately, they didn't give me a room upgrade for my gold card saying only platinum cards get it. I'm not convinced. they counter offered me "free" internet for a gold member, but 99% of china hotels offer free internet, so i don't know if this was a gold member perk or an insult

The residence room had a really tiny kitchenette sink which i suppose is the only difference between the residence and hotel rooms. The room is alright, but the toilet is tiny, with a tiny shower and tinier sink. I had room service breakfast, and the quantity was surprisingly large, but the quality is not 10/10, which i suppose is to be expected in 99% of china hotels.

The chinese restaurant feast maybe the breakfast restaurant as well, and also seemed to have a dinner buffet while i was there. we ordered a la carte, and the downside was the food took a long time to arrive, despite several reminders. They also had a tea house restaurant with decent 4th floor views.

The hotel is linked to 1 of the probably poshest malls in Changsha, as it had LV and the like, if you are into super luxury brands.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 11, 2011

I consider Sheraton Changsha the best Sheraton in China and still so, however, this time, my room was uncomfortably hot for 2 of the 5 days I stayed because air was not on and my room must be facing the sun (street side). Front desk, housekeeping, concierge, the Zenbar were still wonderfully friendly but our buffet breakfasts were met with many typical Chinese style "wooden" faced servers and cooks.
As a gold spg member, I cam to find out that if a travel agent were to book the room for you, you shall have a "not so good" upgrade compare to if you book the room yourself. Too bad, it is much esier for me to make one call and have the travel agent book my flights, ground transport and hotel

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple