1,564 results
All reviews beautiful hotel hotel room is pedestrian street non smoking room soundproofing airport lobby taxi china city sauna
Selected filters
Reviewed September 22, 2018 via mobile

After traveling all over China for a couple weeks we were relieved to checkin to this place. Everyone speaks some English which is extremely rare in China. Also, everyone was so helpful and accommodating. The room was beautiful and the food was surprisingly good too. I would stay here again.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 22, 2018

I wasn’t sure what to expect when staying in Changsha. We traveled by train from Yichun, in order to catch a flight the next day to Bangkok. We were greeted by hotel personnel, and the room was beautiful. I did have to request additional pillows, as I found the bed not very comfortable.
Unfortunately, the cuisine offered nearly no western food.
An issue we had was trying to get a taxi from the hotel to the airport. Not sure why the hotel had such a difficult time arranging it, but it was a challenge.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2018

The hotel itself is okay, but there was one major flaw during my stay. Many Chinese hotels will control the air conditioning centrally, overriding the control pad in the room. Presumably, this is a cost-cutting exercise.

However, since the hotel guests are not from Changsha, surely the hotel managers are not best placed to decide what is a comfortable temperature. Attending meetings across the city, I would come back to my room warm and want to cool down. The room was a consistent 24 degrees Celsius throughout my stay. Arriving from a snowy England, I was unable to use the duvet when sleeping and breathing in the hot air made the room very stuffy.

Otherwise, the hotel is fine for a city like Changsha. Clean enough though the rooms look a little tired (that's normal). However, I found it is a bit out of the way and would have preferred to stay closer to the commercial district near the river.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank 939nathanw
荣 夏, 前厅部经理 at Wyndham Grand Plaza Royale Furongguo Changsha, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your constructive feedback from your recent stay and my sincere apology for our shortcomings experienced
I do hope that you will be giving us the opportunity to serve you again.

Thank you very much for taking your time to write your review and my apology for replying only today.

Rest assured that with extended time of operation our service levels will steadily improve.

We are looking forward welcoming you back in the near future.

Sincerely yours,

Front Office Manager

Reviewed January 29, 2018

Good: The check in staff was friendly and efficiency, all the hotel staff is very polite. Location is good, easy to go the CBD area
Bad: the room a little bit small

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
Reviewed January 16, 2018

Very friendly staff they look after you in every possible way, Johann and her stuff makes the best coffee in Changsha I love coffee and they meet my expectations. Stuff will accomodate any needs that you need to make your stay pleasant . The rooms are very clean modern with good rates . I stayed for 6 weeks and I want use any other hotel in Changsha from now on only “Wyndham Grand Changsha “ . Breakfast and restaurant very good food with amazing cream mushroom soup mast try . Mix of western food and Chinese food both very very good special the international food . Car hire from the hote very good cars are in very good condition new, drivers very good and very safe in short notice they will organise car for you to take you anywhere you like .

Date of stay: December 2017