All reviews butler service butler team beautiful pool hi speed business trip gym and swimming pool great hotel recommend this hotel needs improvement elegant hotel the high speed train special thanks top floor upgraded to a suite excellent experience checking in city view
Selected filters
Reviewed October 25, 2017 via mobile

We spend my father and I 2 nights in that awsome hotel we didn t want to leave that place!!! Emma the responsable of the crew is really awsome very kind and professional
Willing to take care of the client and to provide them all they need!!! The breakfast was really great sushi chineese food and fruits everything that you like!!! And last but not least Francesco the chef of the restaurant prepare for us a lovely diner pasta with lobster and a dessert to die for !!!! Francesco Sanna thank you for that precious diner !!! We didn t want to leave that hotel!!! It s an eden of peace!!! The pool and a jaccuzzi in the 64 floor where you can see all Changsha from up high!!!!

Trip type: Traveled with family
长沙瑞吉酒店, 前厅部经理 at The St. Regis Changsha, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2017

Dear carlaawad,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback from your recent stay with us.

I am absolutley thrilled that we made this stay memorable for you and will take care to thank Emma, Francesco and the rest of the team members for really welcoming you to the Hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The St. Regis on your next trip to Changsha.

Warm regards,

Reviewed October 19, 2017

Haven’t written reviews for a while…but I really need to this time.

St Regis Changsha is a new and beautiful hotel.

We stayed at the St Regis Changsha for 4 nights in the 2nd week of October. The hotel is up to the St Regis standard in its design: elegant and classy. However, majority of the staffs from the front-door, to check-ins, and to the so-called butler service, are far from ready to be working in such classy hotel. The check-in staff was very cold and not even trying to squeeze a smile. Then “our butler” Agnes arrived to greet us in our room. However, the seemingly warm welcome did not last for more than 2 minutes when Agnes started interrogating us about our request to remove items from the mini bar. Later that evening when “our butler” Agnes delivered additional bathroom items upon our request, she actually did a sneaky peek into our room while standing at the door! Throughout our stay, we found most of the staffs were either very cold or very awkward in the way they attend their services.

Ray, the head butler, on the other hand was the only breath of fresh air we could mention about staffs at St Regis Changsha during our stay. Ray is not only attentive to his service but he carries his manner with respect, integrity, and natural warmth and grace. St Regis Changsha is a beautiful hotel. However, the only thing that keeps it sustainable is its service and people who carry out the hotel services. Majority of the staff at St Regis Changsha are no doubt in need of training to live up to the St Regis standards of services.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mag_Mile_Girl
长沙瑞吉酒店, 前厅部经理 at The St. Regis Changsha, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2017

Dear Mag_Mile_Girl,

Thank you for taking the time post your feedback on TripAdvisor and we truly appreciate the comments you have shared with us.
We are sincerely concerned about your perception of our hotel, and I apologize for falling short of your expectations this time. We will make improvements on the areas where we have displayed a decline.
In relation to your feedback, kindly be advised that I have shared your comments with the relevant department managers to work towards the better quality of service to ensure that valued guests such as yourself have the best experience at all times.
I hope that despite the issues, we will have the pleasure to welcome you back to The St. Regis Changsha in the nearly future.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed October 18, 2017

I stayed at St. Regis when it first opened and again very recently. Hotel rooms and decor are up to the St. Regis standard. Food quality at Social is not good enough. Breakfast needs to be improved by offering higher quality ingrdients. Plain coffee was not good so I had to swith to cappuccino. Chinese breakfast ingredients and offerings are not good enough as compared to Tier 1 cities such as Shanghai and Shenzhen. Dinner at Social is overprised for what is offered. Lamb chiops was over cooked and beef was too tough to eat. It is very obvious Changsha is a Tier 2 or Tier 3 city from the quality of the ingredients. Staffing has improved since the opening of the hotel and English skills of the staff.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank dlim38
长沙瑞吉酒店, 前厅部经理 at The St. Regis Changsha, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2017

Dear dlim38,

Thank you very much for taking your time to leave a review on TripAdvisor!

We have duly noted your comments in regards to food quality at Social including breakfast, coffee and dinner. Please accept my apologies for the disappointment with the food, and I have personally passed on your comments to our entire Food & Beverage team, and please be rest assured that we will rectify this problem as soon as possible.

Meanwhile, we hope to have the opportunity to reinstate your confidence in our food and look forward to welcoming you back again.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed October 11, 2017

Last weekend, my friends and I stay at St. Regis Hotel Changsha for 2 nights and the service was impeccable. What really impressed us was the warmth and friendliness by the staff Joe and Gordon. One cool feature is that the room comes with an iPad, where you can control anything in your room (curtains, lights, and A/C). It’s a really functional gadget that left me very impressed. Breakfast at the Social is very nice. Breakfast itself has a wide variety of items, all of which are high quality and prepared in an upscale way. Jennifer was impressed me and she remember my preference in the next morning. After all, St.Regis has given us a relaxing and joyful stay and definitely we'll go visit again in the future.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
长沙瑞吉酒店, 前厅部经理 at The St. Regis Changsha, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2017

Dear Krystal T,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback from your recent stay with us.
I am absolutley thrilled that every time we made this stay memorable for you and your friends, and will take care to thank our team members Joe and Gordon for really welcoming you to the Hotel.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed October 4, 2017 via mobile

I travel a lot for a living. As a result I am a premier level member in most hotel programs. Considering all the Ritz Carltons, JW Marriott and Walforf Asturias I've been to, this was hands down the nicest hotel I've stayed at.
High end furnishings and finishes, friendly and attentive staff, great facilities, this hotel had it all. I will be looking for St Regis hotels at destinations I travel to in the future.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Management response:Responded October 4, 2017

Dear Doug P,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback from your recent stay with us.

I am absolutley thrilled that every time we made this stay memorable for you, and will take care to thank our team members for really welcoming you to the Hotel.

Warm Regards,