“Great Property”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Xiangyang
Ranked #1 of 266 Hotels in Xiangyang
Reviewed November 8, 2013

The rooms are a good size. The location is very central for the work I had. The food is good. The lobby bar had live music so the evening was very pleasant. Overall I would rate this property as good. I was in the executive suites and therefore had a private lounge where breakfast was served and coffee was available all day.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Tanujpatel
There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Hotel Xiangyang

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Our stay was very pleasant. English spoken. Top notch services. Enjoyed the buffet style dining that is always available.Highly recommended,rooms are spacious & include all necessary items for tourist or business traveller. WiFi access.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Audrey L
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Our room was clean with a great bathroom. The problem came at check out. They failed to tell us that they were pre-charging our room plus a large deposit at the time of check in. This came on top of a higher charged/incorrect invoice. I had to use my calculator and original reservation slip to prove I was right. Now we are waiting for them to credit back my card which is only supposed to take 7-days. Based on that I would never recommend anyone stay here due to this deceitful practice.

The breakfast buffet was good; however, the aggression demonstrated by your fellow patrons makes it not for the faint of heart. We declined for the rest of the stay.

The hotel is close to the metro which was fairly easy to navigate. We managed walked to the wall, old city and wild goose pagoda; however, it was a good stretch of the legs in doing so.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I've now stayed at this hotel twice and both times I was completely satisfied with my stay. The hotel staff is exceptional. The room was clean and spacious with good views of the surrounding area.
I've always eaten at the buffet restaurant and sometimes for all meals in a day, but it is always good with no complaints.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone that is traveling to this area and although I have not stayed at others, for a foreigner coming to this area, this crown plaza exceeds my expectations.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Steve M
Reviewed July 24, 2013

You can find a couple of accommodations in Xiangyang but the Crowne Plaza is definitely my favorite. Stuff is super friendly, the restaurant offers food at a good quality level and the rooms are nice and cozy. The location is perfect if you wanna explore Xiangyang.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Sebi2101
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I really enjoy to stay 4 nights in this amazing hotel...All the staff try to exceed your expectations.The Hotel is beautiful new and very clean every rooom is very spacious. Also we eat really well in the restaurant.The hotel is very well located especially if you are in town for business.

Room Tip: Book the superior room
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank massimobianchi
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Hotel is an about 40 min drive from Xiangfan airport and what I was told an about 4 or 5 hour drive from Wuhan and from my own experience an 2 hour drive north of Jingmen.

Rooms are quite large. Bathroom has a bathtub and a walk-in shower. Lighting is good.

Beds are reasonable soft, for Chinese standards.

Electric plugs are next to the bed - if you unplug the alarm clock, which also can recharge an iPhone. Other plugs are next to the desk. All plugs seem to have uninterrupted power supply - good!

Internet is LAN based and I think also WLAN. It is free of charge and OK fast. VPN, Skype and FaceTime are working.

Breakfast is large, orange juice is good, albeit canned. Some cheese is also available.

I was a bit unlucky, as a large conference was going on and seating at breakfast was difficult. Also, as people smoked on the non-smoking floor, my room had a smell of cigarettes. However this fact does not influence my review of the hotel.

The minibar is reasonable priced, however the hotel is located in a shopping mall complex, hence plenty of choices for outside eating and shopping.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business