“Good location and good value”

Crowne Plaza Foshan
Ranked #10 of 741 Hotels in Foshan
Hong Kong
“Good location and good value”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Usually hotel located in good location charged higher. It did not apply to this hotel. Crown Plaza Foshan is located just around the corner of underground train station, which is also close to the city center and key sightseeing points.

The room is big with enough space for my kids to play around. Room is newly renovated. Bed and air conditions are comforatable. Internet is free.

I spent a lot of time in the Gym. It is a wonderful place and it is a comparitively big one with a lot of facilities. Besides Gym, the hotel also provide table tennis.

This is a small shopping mall connected to the hotel with a 7-11 and a Apple store not selling apples but i-phones.

Service is execellent. I requested for a wheel chair and connecting rooms on my booking. They contacted me by phone one week prior to my arrival and confirmed everything with me personally which ease my concerns and made my visit more convinient. Chech-in/out very smooth.

Overall......very very good hotel. Must stay there.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
emily l, Manager at Crowne Plaza Foshan, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Crowne Plaza Foshan.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
El Monte, California
Reviewed February 11, 2013

i stayed at this hotel during the summer for about a month and it was one of the best vacations i have ever had. I came to this hotel long ago when i was as child and when i went back last summer i was surprised to find out that it has been renamed and renovates. Getting anywhere is super convenient because of the line of taxis waiting outside the hotel that can take you almost anywhere. Also, if you get out from the back, there are two shopping malls and places to get food like pizza hut. on the 6th floor of white flower shopping center there is a arcade just sayin if you want to kill time. I also enjoyed swimming at the hotel and working out in the fitness center. The rooms were really clean and our beds were made for us everyday. All in all, loved the hotel and the employees were great too!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
emily l, Manager at Crowne Plaza Foshan, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Crowne Plaza Foshan!
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Good rooms - email - and club floor.
The casual dining in cafe is poor if not very poor BUT the real up side is the second floor market style food court which is out standing in quality and price. Air con in rooms not that good - my room and the other we had. I have stayed here 5 times now so I am happyish.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Macau
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Located at central of city with convenience transportation. Staff provide warmest service politely. The doorman came to take card my grandmother when we left the taxi and help me to take out the wheelchair. Assistant manager lead us to registry counter and arrange an special room especially for legs barrier guest. For my deep impact, they give us a cup of hot tea under this cold weather and immediately to change a sugar fee tea to my grandmother. They listen our request and provide different kinds of pillow to my grandmother for selection. My grandmother feel very happy and warmest.
After a sweet sleep in morning, the waiters still provide a warmest assistance to us . in before, going out to say in hotel with an almost 80 years old is a difficult task . Bu under this experience, I am sure it is an happiness thing under the assistance by this hotel’s service. We all feel hot warmness.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
emily l, Manager at Crowne Plaza Foshan, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Singapore
Reviewed December 6, 2012

The hotel rooms are by far some of the biggest I have seen in China.

However, the hotel itself is in desperate need of an overhaul, the lights are dim from dust, the carpets have stains and the curtains smell of stale cigarette smoke.

The hotel itself is huge, the distance between the lifts to the guest rooms and the front desk took forever to walk. And the best part was that, the porter took my bags and left them with me at the lifts. You take your bags up to your room by yourself, thank you very much.

The gym and pool while available was also not easily accessible. One had to cut through the front lobby in order to get to the lifts to access the gym and pool. They are located in a separate building. So basically, you have the front desk in the middle, and the lifts on the left, take you to the chinese restaurant, the gym and the swimming pool; while the lifts on the far far right which takes forever to get to, takes you to the guest rooms.

Security is quite lax at the hotel, they are about 4 different entrances into the hotel and the lifts do not require keycard access. Basically, anyone can walk into the hotel and take any lift to any floor they desire.

On the plus side, the hotel is located in a pretty busy place. Just around the corner is a couple of shopping malls, underground train station, cinema, fast food joints as well as local delicacies, all within a 5-10 min walking distance.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
emily l, Manager at Crowne Plaza Foshan, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you very much for your feedback following your recent visit to Foshan. We appreciate and value the time you have taken to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor.
HK
Reviewed November 11, 2012

This is not my fist time in this hotel, all staff is always smail anf polite to the guest.
Last time i got a cold and fever. The hotel doctor come to my room to help me in quick time and cure. I receover soon and many staff also care of me. This hotel fullfill the star ranking international hotel standard standard

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Gold Coast, Australia
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I will start by saying this is a very nice hotel- if I were going for business in Foshan I would happily stay there, but business in Guangzhou and it is too far away.

I stayed here with a colleague for 4 days while attending the Canton Fair. We had known the trip to the fair in guangzhou would be considerable (about an hour!) however figured the traffic in Guangzhou would be similar to get to the fair.

Anyway, the transport to the fair was well organised with two buses leaving every morning and evening and providing bottled water. I would say the organisation by the hotel of buyers passes could be improved- it took a very long time and was just disorganised.

I travel a lot for work. This hotel was very nice- an impressive reception area and the buffet breakfast was great for westerners- lots of choices from English breakfast to cereal, fruits and baked treats. The room was a reasonable size and the bath that looks into the main room (so you can watch tv while soaking) made every day after the fair so much better. It was clean, however my toilet did stop working during my stay and as a result the room smelt a little damp- almost as though there was a sewerage problem but could also be the smell of the water on this region.

The dinner at the lounge downstairs was pretty average. I would suggest visiting the Italian restaurant across the road for dinner instead (neon red lights). Fantastic food!!

• Stayed October 2012