“One of the best in Foshan - with western mattresses!”
Review of Swissotel Foshan

Swissotel Foshan
Ranked #3 of 741 Hotels in Foshan
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
“One of the best in Foshan - with western mattresses!”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I have stayed at the Swissotel in Foshan numerous times and can highly recommend it. The hotel is of course Western friendly and centrally located in a neat area of the city - near shops and restaurants and only 15 minutes drive to the furniture wholesale market and only 5 minutes from ceramics markets. Rooms are super spacious and modern with plenty of packing space (even drawers under the bed base etc). One of the nicest things (are rare to find in China) - firm but comfortable beds that are not rock hard as most other Chinese hotels. . Free wifi was good. Breakfast buffet was excellent (on floor 50 I think) with a great view over the city. If you are lucky you can get one of the window tables. Bathrooms are stunning -better than any of the many other Chinese hotels I have stayed in. The Spa is fantastic although a little pricey. The only issues I have had was that at one stay I changed rooms twice as some of the 'non-smoking' rooms definitely did not smell non-smoking but they fixed the problem swiftly. Service was fantastic and friendly. You cannot go wrong staying at the Swissotel Foshan

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Andrew B, Rooms Division Manager at Swissotel Foshan, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Thank you for continuing to stay with us at Swissôtel Foshan and for your fantastic review on Trip Advisor.

Please be assured that I have shared your comments with the team who all join me thanking you. Comments like these make us work even harder to ensure our guests leave our hotel happy. Please let me know if there is anything we can do to make your next stay extra special by emailing me on andrew.brownrigg2@swissotel.com.

Rooms Division Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Good hotel, decently priced. Restaurants could be slightly better i.e ambience and selection of foods but over all very good hotel and great location. Try and get higher floor as beautiful views accross Foshan. Nice bar on the top floor

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Swissôtel Foshan and for your review on Trip Advisor.

We would like to thank you for your kind words and also inform you that we are currently in process of changing our menus in our restaurants and we have also re opened our Chinese restaurant. Please let me know if there is anything we can do to make your next stay extra special by emailing me on andrew.brownrigg2@swissotel.com.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed December 28, 2013

This is my second experience with swissotel, first was in Beijing which was really bad. Since I already pre paid for the hotel, I had no choice. The hotel is good, a little dated but again the service needs some work (or better training is needed).

The Good:
- Hotel as clean and good size
- Free Wifi
- The bright star of the staff would be the Chinese host at the executive lounge, on my second day he really went the extra mile to make us feel welcome. He took the time to chat with us to ensure we felt welcome.

The Not So Good:
- Hotel little dated
- To get to your room you need to switch elevator

The Service Issues:
- After checked in I went to the executive lounge, they guy told me I didn't pay to have access even after check my room numbers. I check with the front desk and I did pay for it.
- After checking in, was told they made a mistake and didn't process my credit card for room deposit. Which was ok, went back to take care of the issue on my way to dinner.
- The Major issues was the deposit for my room. When I was checking out... I was told the lady at the front desk made a mistake. Instate of putting my credit on hold for deposit of $2500 RMB, I was fully charged the $2500 RMB. They said it is not possible for them to provide the refund back onto the credit card, because is been over 24 hours. After a long process I was refunded $2500 RMB Cash.
- While checking out they charged me $30 RMB for laundry bag I accidently took. You think after make the $2500 RMB mistake they would over look the $30 RMB (I understand this is my fault so I paid it). The good news is that they gave us two free bottle of water because the whole process took so long (over 40 minutes).

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

I am sorry to hear about the inconvenience you experienced with the deposit. Please be assured that we have discussed this matter with the team and retrained the team members to prevent this from happening again.
Thank you for your kind comments regarding one of our team members in the lounge. I have shown him your comments and he joins me in thanking you.
Please let me know if you would like to stay with us again as I would like to make up for our errors. You can contact me directly on andrew.brownrigg2@swissotel.com.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I have stayed at least twice year since the hotel opened. I always stay on an executive floor, After my stay in April 2013 I complained about several aspects of my stay. As a result the hotel offered to upgrade my room to a suite for my next stay, which they did. The first suite I had during my last stay was so cold I could not stay in the room. The hotel moved me to another suite. The temperature was fine but the hotel's idea of a suite and mine where quite different. The suite consisted of two very small rooms being combined by removing a wall in one of the bathrooms. In the first room all that was removed was the bed. The second room remained unchanged. The suite still had two doors to the corridor . Again I said I was not happy and was moved yet again to a proper suite on another floor. I would have been happy to have a normal room. Again this room was cold (but not nearly as cold as the first room) and the hotel put in a heater which was on all the time during my stay. I have never stayed in a hotel previously that required a heater to supplement the airconditioning. I think there is a serious problem with the airconditioning in the hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Andrew B, Rooms Division manager at Swissotel Foshan, responded to this review, January 8, 2014

I am very sorry to hear that you had to complain during your recent stay due to the lapse in service. I understand that some rooms aren't to everyone's taste so we will make sure that you are never allocated this kind of room again.

I would also like to apologize for the temperature problem we experienced during that time. Please be assured that the appropriate measures took place to prevent any further reoccurrences.

F�Shansh�
Reviewed December 13, 2013

A must stay.
Staff speak English
Rooms amazing with food that will blow you away
Large rooms and bathrooms.
Flawless and a must stay for anyone travelling to China.
Location is central and being the tallest building in fish an is always easy to find.

Review collected in partnership with Swissotel

Andrew B, Rooms Division Manager at Swissotel Foshan, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Swissôtel Foshan and for your very kind review on Trip Advisor.

We are happy to hear that you enjoy staying with us and our services. Comments like these always motivate us to do even better. Please let me know if there is anything we can do to make your stay extra special by emailing me on andrew.brownrigg2@swissotel.com.

Foshan
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Stay on the executive floor and you will have great service. Good location and great views (air quality permitting). Bar 51 is great for a nightcap. Cielo 51 has great western/Italian food at OK ish prices.

Review collected in partnership with Swissotel

Thank Richard Michael... B
Andrew B, Rooms Division Manager at Swissotel Foshan, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Swissôtel Foshan and for your great review on Trip Advisor.

We are happy to hear that you enjoy staying with us and our services. Please let me know if there is anything we can do to make your stay extra special by emailing me on andrew.brownrigg2@swissotel.com.

Johannesburg
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel during a buying trip to foshan. It was absolutely wonderful. The staff went out of their way to make me feel important and comfortable. The breakfast was by far the best I have had in any hotel around the world. I had a treatment at the spa which was also great.

The hotel is very well located and close to all amenities. I would highly recommend a stay here and will not stay anywhere else upon my return.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Swissôtel Foshan and for your kind review on Trip Advisor.

We would like to thank you for your fantastic comments. We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and very happy to hear that our team looked after you. Please be assured that I have shared your kind comments with our team members who all join me in thanking you.

Kindly let us know if there is anything we can prepare for you in advance and you can email me directly on andrew.brownrigg2@swissotel.com.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and to hopefully exceed your expectations.