Swissotel Foshan
Hilton Foshan(Foshan)
$77
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewstallest buildingchange elevatorsswiss hotelshopping districtroom serviceexecutive roomchinese hotelsnice hotelair conditioncity viewwestern foodtop floorbreakfast buffetthe club loungerooms are comfortablemin walkmetro station
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Hotel 'reserved' funds on my credit card in advance what is opposite to published policy regarding deposit. This was actualy the first time that such thing happened to me even though I travel frequently. Second rip-off was Airport tranfer conducted by a hotel which they charged 800 rmb (almost 100euros) instead of 35-50euros what is a maximum price requsted by other licenced taxis. Upon arrival, we had to explain to a girl receptionist how many rooms we have booked and how many people are staying inspite printed copy of our reservation made via booking.com. The air in the room had terrible smell. Restaurant at the top floor was extremly expensive and still I have no idea how they justify pricing policy.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Srdjan S
Reviewed February 25, 2012

You will definately be impressed from the outlook of this hotel. But you will regret when you step in .....The hotel should reduce their room rate.
Do not go to the chinese restaurant. The service was lousy. The waitresses were not well-trained. The food was average but very very expensive.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank arsenal298570
Reviewed December 24, 2011

Is probably the tallest hotel in Foshan. Up on 50 floor in Cafe Swiss, u can have a bird's eye view of Foshan provided the visibility is good. Foshan being venue famoud for ceramics, there r many kilns around, thus its smokey.

Got an upgrade at Front Desk. Room is spacious. Flat screen TV but unable to swivel. Lounge chair. Writing desk but no desk light so it was a little dim. Has a standing shower and a bath tub. Very clean. There is a Nepresso coffee machine with 3 complimentary capsules but I dont under why they do not provide coffee cup that fits. The coffee cup is a little too tall!

Concierge is helpful. Tony is simply excellent! Nothing is too difficult for him. Jung is equally great! One evening I rang from my guestroom as I had a question on a brochure. Jung offered to attend to our needs by coming to our guestroom and that was already past 1030pm. Superb service!

Security is good. Keycard access only to the assigned floor.

Did not go to the pool as it was closed for maintenance. Its winter anyway!

Breakfast at Cafe Swiss on L50 is excellent. There is a wide variety to choose from. If u do not want breakfast at the hotel, walk to the back only 200m away and u can join the local residents at Yingji Noodle for wanton, porridge, noodles and snacks!

Will definitely return to Swissotel Foshan again.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed December 18, 2011

I'm a local Foshan citizen, stayed at the Swissotel Foshan for one of my wedding shots, the hotels rooms are quite spacious, design is typical Swissotel style, room rates are acceptable.
The pricey part are the hotels extras, e.g. laundry, room service, 51bar, 51st floor restaurant, the prices there is much expensive than the same class of restaurants and bars in the city.
Especially the 51bar, if your preferred cocktail is not in the menu and would like to make your own, you have to pay for EACH ingredient at a flat rate which you may end up with a cocktail of 200-300yuan or more per glass (about 25-40 Euros).

Other overall experience in the hotel is great, staffs are very friendly, BUT mainly to foreigners, and for me as a local citizen, the staffs look at you with some weird emotions which gives you a feeling like:"oh this is a very high class hotel, you are not as rich as the foreigners, you are just a local". And mostly this happens very often in China when workers work at foreign hotel chains "think" they are rich like the guests, ESPECIALLY women workers with some experience and in the management level or so.

Room Tip: City view room facing the Baihua building or the roundabout
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank William H
Reviewed December 15, 2011

Having stayed in Foshan many times over the past 5 years I decided on my recent visit to try this hotel rather than the Crowne Plaza where I usually stay. A mistake I am afraid!
First impressions when you enter the hotel are not good as you enter a busy lobby with a small reception desk at the back which I have to be directed to. There is no guest area where you can meet people it is more like a office building than an hotel lobby.
Once you check in you have to take the lift to the 36th Floor where you then transfer to another lift which takes you to the upper floors for your room and restaurant etc. I was on the 44th floor in an executive room giving me access to the executive club lounge which was always empty. My room was not in my opinion 5 star being very minimalistic with quite low quality furniture, Formica top tables, probably not Formica but that's how they looked. Everything was there you needed but by comparison with the Crowne Plaza and other 5 star hotels in China the room was quite basic except the bathroom which was lovely and spacious. I ate in the Italian Restaurant every night of my 3 night stay which is on the 51st floor with a terrific view of Foshan. I had a Pizza the1st night which was ok, the 2nd night I had fillet steak which was fantastic the 3rd night I had Veal and that was awful.
Each time I ate in the restaurant I was the only person eating which I found bizarre for this size hotel. The bar was also quiet until after ten when it livened up a bit.
Generally I found this an odd hotel with no where to meet and greet my suppliers or friends and if you like your own company then it's a good place to stay.
The staff I have to say where lovely, everyone was very friendly and polite and are a credit to the hotel. Particulary the head barman and restaurant Manager Victor and his staff, very nice people and can't do enough for you.
Having read some of the reviews I am a little amazed that people are saying it is comfortable they should try the Crowne Plaza just accross the road where at least there is a large comfortable reception area and good seating in the lobby plus an executive lounge which is really 5 star and ideal for meetings.
Sorry but i will not stay at the Swiss Hotel again as the Crowne Plaza is far more comfortable and pleasant to stay in at the same price. Pity because the staff at the Swiss Hotel really made an effort and are better and more welcoming than the Crowne Plaza.

Room Tip: All rooms are very high up and there didn't appear to be any difference between a standard room and an executive room. I booked 2 rooms one standard for my guest and one executive and they were identcal.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business