Kasbah Africa(Ouirgane)
Gite Taddarine(Ouirgane)
Gite Tihliwine(Ouirgane)
Hotel Tatfi(Ouirgane)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsatlas mountainsboutique hotelour honeymoonfew dayssmall hotelprivate terracebeautiful hotelrelaxing staythree nightsown gardenstunning viewsroom was largestaff were attentivespent nights heredinner menuthree course mealmarrakech airport
Reviewed July 11, 2012

My sister and I stayed at Domaine Malika for 3 nights after the hustle and bustle of Marrakech. It was exactly what we needed, beautiful views, luxurious rooms and amazing food! The staff were all so freindly and would make sure you had everything you needed.

We stayed in the standard room which was still better than most hotels i've visited. Although it doesn't give you a terrace and direct access to the pool area, you have your own door to the roof terrace which has amazing views of the mountains. Its always very quiet up there and there are large comfy sun loungers to relax on. Also great when the stars are out!

If you are looking for a romantic break or a relaxing time to chill out after trekking or visiting marrakesh this is perfect! There is always plenty of room around the pool and if you want to venture out there are some lovely walks to see the nearby dam or surrounding villages.

As we were staying 3 nights we pre-booked dinner at Kasbah Tamadot (Richard Bransons retreat) for one of the evenings. It's literally a 15min taxi ride, all sorted for us by Paul the manager who will help with anything like this. The evening was great, nice food and lovely cocktails! Just great to have a nose around!

Paul and his mother are really freindly and helpful people who literally can not do enough for you during your stay. We had a fabulous time and would love to return! Pictures just don't do this place justice....it really is beautiful!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 8, 2012

My boyfriend and I booked a one night stay here to break up our trip in Marrakech but as soon as we arrived we decided to extend it to one more night. Our room was large, airy and spotlessly clean with private access to a roof terrace. There was always plenty of room beside the pool which was immaculate and set in beautiful gardens. Throughout the day drinks and snacks were available on request and nothing was too much trouble. Breakfast was served around the sides of the hotel but was a little limited. Dinner was in the garden which was a beautiful setting and was a set three course meal which was very creative. The manager, Paul, came to introduce himself to us and make recommendations for our short stay in the Atlas Mountains. Ask him about a gorgeous restaurant called Chez Momo which he recommended to us in another village a good walk away. In fact, there is not much surrounding this hotel which we liked. We got a taxi for half of one of the recommended walks and trekked the rest. We are a young and energetic couple but in the heat with sketchy directions we decided against being too intrepid which on reflection was a sensible idea.

If we'd had longer in Morocco we would have loved to stay here for another 2 nights and would recommend it without reservation. Thank you to all the team for making our stay such a wonderful experience.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights at the Domaine Malika recently before moving on the Riad Noir D'Ivoire in Marrakech (separate review to follow).  From the moment we arrived we were made to feel at home, extremely welcome, and as if nothing was too much trouble.  The accommodation was excellent, and well appointed.  We had a suite which was very tastefully decorated, comfortable, cool and with a huge sunken bath. Outside was a decent sized patio /grassed area and steps that led down to the pool.

All of the food served to us was of a high standard.  The breakfast on the terrace every morning was a lovely relaxing way to start the day, and of sufficient quantity and variety. We had lunch everyday, which was extremely tasty, with a good variety of meats and salads.  We had dinner at DM twice, both meals being of a high standard and cooked to perfection.  Whilst there is a standard menu, on the first evening neither of us liked the starter, so we pre-ordered an alternative which caused no problem.  We also ate one evening at a restaurant about 200m away.  The food there was good, but not as good as DM, and we had a very relaxing evening there.  The owner/host was charming, but a little crazy and actually looked a bit like a crazed Jack Nicholson (we were only slightly scared when he walked us up the dark drive to say goodnight!!).

The pool and the rest of DM was of an equally high standard, and the internet connection was good and free.  We went for a walk to the salt mines which are not too far away and should be within most peoples capabilities.  Paul gave us a map and directions and these were easy to follow.  The mines were great, very interesting, and I found quite a few interesting rocks and crystals which I brought home for my son.  We also decided to go a bit off the path that Paul told us and did some scambling up the rocks/shale near the mines.  Here I had one of the highlights of my trip. Once we we had scrambled to the top of the plateau I was searching for the easiest route down when I found myself about 10m from a Golden Eagle.  It immediately took off and flew across the valley, and it was a magnificent sight to behold - truly majestic.

Obviously can't write a report about DM without highlighting Paul and his mother.  Both excellent hosts, although Paul does most of the day to day hosting.  He is engaging, charming, knowledgeable, and strikes the perfect balance between hotel owner and new friend.  It was interesting to learn more about their venture and whilst I wish them every success for the future, I have no doubt that they will continue to be a huge success.

I also hope to return again soon as our time there was so relaxing and the perfect way to recharge our batteries.  Would highly recommend Domaine Malika to anyone visiting Morocco and especially the Atlas Mountains.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

My wife and I came her for a week of total relaxation - something we have never done before! The Domaine is beautifully situated. The rooms are large, airy and well equipped (though there is no minibar or hairdryer). The pool is spotlessly clean and surrounded by charming gardens. Meals are served on the terrace or beside the pool. The owner and staff are charming, polite, attentive and efficient. Nothing is too much trouble. The Hammam and spa services are excellent and well worth having. Breakfast is served on the terrace and consists of fruit/juice/pastries/eggs as you wish. Lunch is a choice of meat, chicken or fish brochettes and various vegetables/salad. Dinner is a set three course meal. The chef is Moroccan but her repertoire has a very strong French influence. The local wine (Sahara) is very drinkable. If one was being really picky one might say that it would be interesting to have some more local dishes also and a little more fresh fruit varieties at breakfast. If one stays for a week, the fact that there were only 3 choices at lunch does become a little monotonous. But as I said these are picky points.
There are various day walks including one to the nearby salt pans to be done and a visit to the market in Asni is worthwhile - though an hour is enough!. All the locals of all ages whom we met on these walks were delightful - and all spoke French which was handy since my Arabic is non existent.
One point of note - taxi charges. We paid 600 dirhams FROM the airport (which I considered excessive for just over an hours trip) but only 250 on the way back. I think it would be worth checking this out with the Hotel before booking. Also make sure you agree a price before you get in.
All in all an excellent chill and thoroughly recommended.

Room Tip: We had one of the standard rooms which was more than adequate. On the first floor with a lovely view of pool and gardens and access to a roof terrace.
Reviewed June 13, 2012

My wife and I spent a lovely 3 days at Domaine Malika. Paul is an excellent host, and other reviews attest to his friendliness and enthusiasm. His mother welcomed us warmly on our arrival, though her English needed some help from my French! When we had settled in, we were given a tasty light lunch (110 MAD each), before Paul advised us on a short afternoon walk to nearby salt mines (more interesting and pretty than they sound).
We had dinner each night of our stay, and the food was interesting (putting things together I'd never have thought of) and delicious. It was no hardship to be catered for every evening, with the (fixed) menu being very different each evening, and a reasonable 280 MAD each.
One criticism for us was that the bed was a little hard - you can't cater for everyone in that respect, and after each day, we'd done enough walking to sleep pretty well anyway.
After our simple but satisfying breakfast, Paul advised us on a longer walk on our second day, giving us a map, though I'd recommend getting your own before you travel if you can - the scale of the map was such that even in our 5 hour round trip, we only covered a tiny square of the map! This meant it was difficult to get our bearings (and we did get a bit lost), but friendly locals put us straight on one occasion, and on the other, we just found a road and followed it till things became familiar.
It was a little cool for us to enjoy the swimming pool, but it is a lovely setting.
We went on to Kasbah Tamadot after our stay in Domaine Malika. It's not fair to compare them really, but there were certain respects in which the cheaper, smaller hotel won, principally (as you might expect) in terms of friendliness and helpfulness of staff, and the atmosphere resulting as guests were far more inclined to chat with one another, rather giving a convivial spirit, once again aided by Paul, who (as others have said) spoke to us like friends (which some people might not want - rest assured, the Branson employees aren't like that).
Overall, we had a really good stay and were very grateful to Paul and his team. If you are after a base to explore the Atlas Mountains, this would be a very good place to consider.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple