“Raffaldini Vineyards is a hidden gem”

Raffaldini Vineyards & Winery, LLC
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Ronda
More attraction details
Owner description: Nestled in the Yadkin Valley Region of North Carolina, family-owned Raffaldini Vineyards brings Old World charm to the Old North State. Known as “Chianti in the Carolinas” Raffaldini currently produces both varietal wines and blends with its signature wines being Vermentino, Pinot Grigio, Sangiovese, Sangiovese Riserva and Montepulciano. Raffaldini hosts public and private events throughout the year.
Winston Salem, North Carolina
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Raffaldini Vineyards is a hidden gem”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Went to our second wine dinner at Raffaldini. The food is good, but the pairings with the wine make it special. Its a lovely vineyard with beautiful views. As others have mentioned, pretty close to feeling like you are in Tuscany. Their wines are among our favorite NC wines. Would be great if eventually they have their own restaurant on site, instead of depending on caterers.
Worth the trip!

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Patti P

Athens, Georgia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“LOVE the Wine and the view!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We went here on our way to Winston Salem for our 1 year Anniversary. Little did we know this would be our favorite winery! The view is beautiful and when driving up it the drive way into the vineyard it reminds me of the movie "Letters to Juliet" Love the history on the family and the wines are awesome! Normally I get a headache from most wines, but no headache came and the guy who helped us with our wine tasting was really nice and informative. My favorite win would be the "La Dolce Vita" It is simply amazing, it may be too sweet for others, but I can drink this baby from the bottle and be happy. Their little deli area was cute and we had lunch on the patio and the sun was out and everywhere you looked was like something out of a movie to me. We walked the grounds and it was so comfortable there. I really enjoyed my visit. Each time we are there, we stay for an hour or more. Wine tasting prices are very reasonable and you get to keep the wine glasses as souvenirs! The place is very clean and very friendly except on our last visit, the wine tasting lady was harsh and crude. She was making fun of the customers and complaining how she didn't want to work when they had just opened and wanted to wait for another person to come over to serve us after looking us up and down in the disagreeing look that makes anyone feel uncomfortable and not at home, but other than her we've had positive experiences! My husband and I are also photographers and we come here for inspiration and relaxation. So many things to photograph! I submitted one of my photos to the Sales and Marketing Manager because their postcards are kind of lacking and don't say at all "Come to our vineyard!" I love collecting postcards too and was sad that there was not one interesting postcard when they have such a beautiful place! We've been back 3 times already and can't wait to come back! I'm out of wine! :)

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Sammantha A
VA
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Love this winery!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The view was gorgeous and the wine was great. The reds were my favorite. We enjoyed a bottle on the lawn and enjoyed the mountains and fall weather.

Visited October 2012
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Just this side of Tuscany!~”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Obviously, the foothills of NC cannot compare to Tuscany, but having spent a fair amount of time in both, I will say that Raffaldini is as close as we get here! We had three generations of family staying in a mountain cabin and decided to do a side trip to Raffladini. We were so surprised by the knowledgeable staff and the atmosphere. It was a gorgeous view and the wine was quite good! We usually steer clear of sweet NC wines, because we like dry reds but the montepulciano and the sangiovese were both perfect! We will be back to enjoy the atmosphere and the wine! Bring a picnic or enjoy some cheese and crackers from their cooler~

Visited November 2012
1 Thank mz2nc
South Carolina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Beautiful Winery, Was This Napa Valley?”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Stunning winery. We were fortunate to have the owner conduct the wine tasting and told him the winery and grounds belong in the Napa Valley. Now, don't get carried away. The wines were very good but not Napa quality for sure. But for NC they were very good. One wine has just won best wine in the NC State Fair. This winery and Shelton Vineyards are the two best in the Yadkin Valley. Visit both and you'll see.Again, stunning winery and grounds.

Visited December 2012