“Excellent Seafood with A View”

Good Winds Seafood & Wine Bar
Ranked #3 of 12 Restaurants in Rodanthe
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Good Winds Restaurant is located on the sound front in Rodanthe, NC and has something for everyone in the family for lunch or dinner and now Sunday brunch! One of the best spots on Hatteras Island to catch a sunset while enjoying a glass of wine or tantalizing appetizer. Take a look at our menu below and then come in for a visit and enjoy the breathtaking views paired with exceptionally great food.
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We chose this restaurant because we were going through Rodanthe at lunch time and I checked Tripadvisor for a suggestion. So glad we did. Good Winds is located in a shopping plaza on the upstairs level. The dining area is comfortable with large glass windows facing the water. We were able to watch paddle boarders and dogs romping in the water as we ate. There is also outdoor seating on a deck.
There were three of us dining. Our friend had the fresh NC grouper sandwich which he loved. The size of the piece of grouper was huge, battered and served on a delicious bun accompanied by fries. I chose the crab cake sandwich which was served on a croissant with fries and I was
able to substitute a side salad for the fries for an additional two dollars. My husband had the BLT which he said was excellent. North Carolina bacon makes this a winner. The service was friendly and efficient too.

1  Thank makib

Reviewed May 31, 2013

My family and I typically visit the Outer Banks in the summer, but last month I had the chance to spend an off-season weekend in Rodanthe. While the island was generally quiet, I was very happy to find Good Winds open and serving its usual delicious drinks and food. As always, the service was excellent, with friendly bartenders and wait staff—especially Adam, Kim and Becky. My dining companion and I sat at the bar and sampled some of the new drink additions, including moonshine (strong but good) and Jello shots (a steal at $2/each). We look forward to returning next month to participate in this year’s beer challenge!

1  Thank Shannon H
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stopped by for lunch and was impressed with the quality of food as well as the service. I had the oysters for an appetizer and had the yellow fin tuna steak for lunch. It was prepared perfectly and was a nice size portion as well. Nice selection of craft beers as well. I will definitely be back for a return visit.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

My husband and I were staying just down the road from Good Winds and decided to try it because we could have a few drinks and walk back to our campground. Great views of the sound from the second story location, we could watch the kite boarders and the sunset. I had the fried shrimp with fries, hush puppies and coleslaw. The shrimp was good, the fries and coleslaw were awesome and the hush puppies were so so. My husband got the grouper and it was fantastic. He wanted to go back every day and order it again! Good service and daily specials. We will definitely be back our next trip to OBX.

1  Thank trickyvicki24
Reviewed May 23, 2013

My Husband And I Love This Place. The Burger Is Great And The Bacon is So Thick! The French Fries Are Amazing! My Husband Loves Their Fish N Chips! But Not Crazy About The Tartar. We Love Adam.... He Is Super Personsble And A Great waiter!