“Perfect beach vacation.....sound-side.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rodanthe
Waves Village Resort
Herndon, Va.
“Perfect beach vacation.....sound-side.”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We have always stayed in oceanfront houses, but we only had 3 in our family this year, so the Villages in Waves were perfect. Nice condo, well appointed, and superb interior decorating. Colored tiles in bathrooms were amazing. Loved the sound side. We will be back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank appetizergal73

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Swedesboro, New Jersey
Reviewed June 19, 2012

We stayed at Waves Village Resort from May 11-18th. This is our 3rd time at this resort and 2nd time in the same unit - Surf Shack - middle unit on 2nd floor.Previous to this visit, we booked directly with Waves Village. This year, we needed to book through a rental company - First Flight Rentals.

We checked in at the Kitty Hawk Kite store right next door to the condo. The Assistant Manager showed us to our unit. He could not get the key to open the doors. After about 10 minutes, he finallly went and got the Manager who got the door opened.

Unit is well appointed with spectacular views of the sound. There is a hot tub
There is a large pool right outside. However, we were told the pool was opened and was not opened at all during our visit. They were "waiting for an inspection" to take place. This was one of the reasons we liked this resort was for the pool. We noticed quite a bit of sand on the floor and found a broom to sweep it up. I used a paper towel on one of the spots on the floor and after one swipe, it was black. We swept up 2 full dustpans full of sand that were all over the floor of the living area. Between sweeping with a broom, then vacuuming, we finally felt the floor wasn't full of sand. However, I don't plan to spend well over an hour cleaning a condo that is supposed to be cleaned prior to arrival. One of the lights in the bedroom was burnt out and almost all of the lamps in the dining chandelier were burnt out. We told the assistant manager about this and he said he would bring replacements - but we never received them. The toilet seat in the master bathroom was also cracked through (ouch). Also told the assistant manager about this - but never saw him again. The frying pans were horrible. They were so scratched and half of the finish was peeling off - we were afraid to use them. Some of the dishes that were in the cabinets were definitely not clean. There were only a few small bowls provided - nothing large enough to even make a salad. We enjoy cooking on vacation, but ate out a lot this time since there weren't enough pans to cook with. There is a gas grill on the deck, but that would have taken another hour or two of cleaning to make it usable.

The past two times we rented at this resort - everything was spotless and the units were well-equipped and maintained. When we had a minor problem with the unit, the manager was there right away to fix it. I don't think the new management company checks these units periodically for wear and tear and cleanliness. I sent an email to them about all of our problems and received no response. That just affirms the fact that they really don't care about their customers. I really didn't expect any kind of compensation, just would have appreciated an acknowledgement of my email.

These condos are in a great location - close to a lot of restaurants, right on the sound, short walk to the beach and spectacular sunsets. There is so much potential - but, obviously, poor management. We were so disappointed this time that I doubt that we will return.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
11 Thank JAD48
Carlisle pa
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I will start with the positive then move to reality of this rental. The views are spetacular and the finishes are beautiful. It's about 3 blocks to beach. Go to rodanthe pier for chair drop off parking. Nice wide beaches. We are staying week of 6/9/2012. Now reality. When we arrived, the previous tenants had left disgustung Item under sink, dishes in washer were dirty, and coffee maker was dirty. I swept floor then went on to mop it but mop in unit was not usable and no vacuum was provided. IMHO the owner/realty company is penny wise and pound foolish. The kitchen is not fully equipped. We have 6 forks, 2 serving bowls. The first day when i went to make breakfast the frying pans were not usable - burnt and scaped up to unhealthy level. it took a day to have new ones delivered by the owner and I had to have cleaning crew return to mop floor. The wood blinds are dusty. When I suggested they need to clean better I was told owner did not authorize spring cleaning(#foolish) . bedroom fan not working- was told they need to get maintenance and were aware. Well do it while we r here. If only owner would fully equip the kitchen, have spring cleaning done and address items in this review, this would be a top destination. Day 2 go to make dinner and can opener does not work, freezer stuck shut, and hot tub not heating. So on my 5th call to maintenance, they tell me to flip hot tub breaker- works great. Can opener is delivered with new pans. Need to have them look at freezer but in interim my husband manages to get it open. The run down abandoned motel next door and dilapidated water park are eye sores and should be removed. A touch of landscaping around building would really spruce area up. I get that the people before are part of issue but that is cleaning crew comes in to fix all that. The crew for this resort should be fired. Also it would have been nice if the owner would leave instructions on hot tub, etc in the unit and would have offered apology or some minor compensation for our trouble. I love the finishes in the place and would love to come back to this location with my extended family if I felt confident the owner would address these issues. We love to cook gourmet meals on vacation and it is impossible with this kitchen. With less than $50 on kitchen supplies and repairs this place would be great. Now it is just mediocre.

Room Tip: Look everything over when u arrive and get list to mgr to resolve any issues so it gets fixed while...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank P W
Ballston Spa, New York
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Beautiful spot on the sound. Loved just sitting on the deck & watching the setting sun. The condo was classy with all the extras. The only thing was the sad shape of adjacent properties. The caved in pool next door & run down water park was a big turn off.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank mhenrdh
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed September 18, 2011

I reserved a condo at the property for a week in Sept. 2011. They happily took the entire amount for the stay two weeks before we were scheduled to check in. Hurricane Irene washed away part of Rt. 12 rendering the property inaccessible. After several phone calls to the company were not returned, I eventually reached Nick the sales rep. He informed me that Waves Village would not be refunding my money and would be keeping the entire amount. I am in disbelief that they think this is acceptable.

I have reserved several properties over the years and have never had an experience like this. I am in the process of filing a suit to recoup my money. Stay elsewhere. This is a bad business.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
32 Thank bclarke99
Washington, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 29, 2011

We stayed for a week in June in the Sunset on the Sound unit, the same week, in fact that Superstar5622 stayed. Great location, plenty of room, loved the hot tub and view from our private terrace. A

lthough there were only 3 of us, we chose not to rent out our extra room as my 18 year old son decided he preferred that room to the 3rd bedroom, mostly because of the placement of the TV in relation to the bed. He's a gamer and had no convenient access to that TV while the TV in the rentable bedroom was much easier to hook up his equipment to.

We had a really great time and would love to go back. Other than the inconvenient placement of the television in the one room, the only other complaints I had was the soft spot in the master bath and the fact that their website advised us to bring toilet paper, paper towels and other items that took up considerable space in our car and when we got there all the items were supplied to us. I could have made great use of the extra space if we had known!

Nick, it was a great week even without the extra stuff I could have packed! Look forward to staying with you all again.

I hope you didn't get hit too hard by Irene!!!!!

Room Tip: This is a 9 unit condo. If you want a lot of natural light in your rooms, don't choose units 18...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Just returned from a week at Waves Village Resort. We could not have been happier. Our unit was very spacious and comfortable for our family of 4 (two teens – 13 & 18). We were in the 1st floor middle unit (Love Shack) which is actually 1-story up, so you have a great view of the sound & the kite boarders which are fascinating to watch. The location is perfect for taking day trips to Nags Head/Kitty Hawk or Hatteras/Ocracoke. The beach nearby was beautiful, clean, and not very crowded at all. We also tried the breakfast buffet at the onsite restaurant, Good Winds, and it was awesome!

The only issue I can report is the family above us had a 4-year-old who insisted on running up and down the entire length of their unit sounding like a small horse! We mentioned it to Nick. If he said anything to them, it didn’t seem to discourage them any.

We would definitely recommend Waves Village Resort and hope to return in the near future.

Room Tip: DO NOT use Hatteras Realty to rent a unit! Contact Waves Village directly.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Packman1984
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rodanthe
The Inn on Pamlico Sound
#4 of 6 in Buxton
Cape Pines Motel
Cape Pines Motel
#2 of 6 in Buxton

Been to Waves Village Resort? Share your experiences!