“Ok for Overnight stays”

Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Rocky Mount
Jacksonville, Florida
“Ok for Overnight stays”
Reviewed August 9, 2010

The room was clean except that only 1 out of 5 lamp lights would turn on. We were given another room and when I tried calling the desk about internet access, she couldn't hear me. It turned out the phone cord needed some jiggling. We usually never had issues connecting to wi-fi networks from other hotels we've stayed in. This was an exception. The desk gave us a tech support number to call. The person on the other line had to do some resetting of the network before we got connected. And when we did, the connection was poor (1 bar). It was a quiet area though ... so overnights only!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 30, 2010

I stayed at this hotel on my way back from Florida. I selected the Best Western based on all available Trip Advisor information. I arrived at the hotel and entered the lobby. The lobby was clean, neat and well appointed. I was greeted by the very friendly desk clerk and secured my room.

I drove to the parking area, which was very clean and parked directly in front of my room. I entered the room and was very pleasantly surprised. The room was clean, neat and well taken care of. The carpet was clean as were the bed-spreads. I inspected the bathroom area and again found to to exceed my expectations in cleanliness.

I turned the air conditioner up and it quickly cooled the room and was quiet and unobtrusive. The water pressure was very good in the shower. My room also had a small refrigerator and microwave. All in excellent working order and very clean.

The bed was very comfortable and I had no problem falling asleep and staying asleep. The area surrounding was very quiet.

I must admit I was a bit apprehensive about staying here but my experience will keep bring me back when in the area. For the price, $67.00 a night I don't believe you will find a nicer or cleaner hotel along the I95 corridor. The owner(s) of this hotel obviously take pride in running a nice, clean, inexpensive establishment. I recommend this hotel and will stay again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Muskywin
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 8, 2010

The evening hotel staff was very helpful and flexible when I called from the road and held a room for us without payment info. Second floor room was large and clean. Bed was very comfortable and we heard no noise from traffic or hotel guests. Free wireless was excellent. The continental breakfast is really skimpy and limited. The morning staff was slow and distracted with our checkout.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Dorpers
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
Reviewed April 16, 2010

We stopped on our way from DE to FL and also stayed here on the return trip. I had a spinal fusion 10 years ago and have a hard time sleeping in any bed but my own. The beds were better than the pricey resort we were in and I suffered in with back pain from the rock hard beds. You will get a good nights rest here, the beds are extremely soft and not from wear. Brenda and Alice at the front desk are wonderful. The motel rooms are basic but the beds make up for it and it is quiet there also. We'll be back again and again!!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Montreal
Reviewed April 8, 2010

Stayed over one night on my way to Florida. The hotel is right off the I-95, very convenient with several restaurants within walking distance. Avoid the Denny's the service at this location was terrible, after a long drive I just wanted a quick meal but ended up walking out and going to the fast food location on the other side of the hotel. The room we were in was clean though it did have a strong air freshener odour to it. The beds were very comfortable but the flat screen tv was a disappointment, bad reception. The hotel staff was friendly and the breakfast was great, I do enjoy the make your own waffles that most best western's seem to offer. There was a pool but I did not get a chance to use it. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Utica, New York
Reviewed March 27, 2010

We were driving from south Florida to NYS and wanted a room about halfway home that was a very short distance off the highway. This place was perfect. Friendly customer service. Complimentary tea, coffee, and apples were available when we arrived about 6 PM and a comp breakfast was available at 6:30 AM the next morning. The room was very basic and clean. Flat screen TV with cable or sat TV. Denny's was next door and BW gave us a 20% off coupon to dine there. We paid about $66 including tax for two adults.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sandylaneguy
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed March 20, 2010

After our vacation to Myrtle Beach we stayed at this Best Western on the way home to MD. We were pleasantly surprised because most hotels off I-95 leave at lot to be desired. The room was spacious, clean and updated. Plenty of towels, fluffy pillows, nice tv, very comfortable mattresses. We checked in around 7pm. The staff was friendly and helpful. The next morning we ate the continental breakfast which was more than adequate for grabbing a quick meal before getting on the road. The breakfast area was clean, quiet and comfortable. There is a computer on the other side of the room to check email or whatever. The location is great, right off the road, so you can get on your way. We will stay there again next August 2010 on our way home.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family