“Good choice and location, looks clean...”

Hampton Inn - Rocky Mount
Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Rocky Mount
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for 3 days in May during an official trip. All in all this hotel is Good, the staff is very helpful and friendly. Free breakfast in the mornings plus some free popcorn and fruits are available in the dining area near the main desk, Had complementary news papers one could pick in the mornings, and on 3 weekdays, they have some free food items and drinks in the evening (they close early...ideal for light dinner if you do not want to eat out...) The morning breakfast was okay.,... had all the basic minimum choices one would expect. Even though I selected this hotel for the breakfast and good reviews, I really could not stay for breakfast as I had to rush each day to work...The hotel website I remember mentioned take-away as an option for breakfast for those in a hurry. This however was not a readily available option. The first day the friendly kitchen staff helped me pack a muffin and donuts or two using normal paper plates/aluminum foil. I did this for the next 2 days. I would have liked to taste the hot fried potatoes..but then it was in the same steamer vessel with some pork/beef type items and since I am a vegetarian..it was not so inviting anymore. The beds looked clean to the passing eye. However there was a long hair on the first bed... and so I shifted first night to the other queen bed in the room...luckily it had two beds. Next day noticed the bed lining on the sides..close to the floor and in the area between the two beds had some gluey stuff dripped / dried on it. I did not even want to contemplate what it could be. Glad it was not on the sleeping area. Would I return again, not sure. probably yes hoping I may get a cleaner room. Or might try the Doubletree and check it out with the free $10 breakfast coupon.

Room Tip: Ask the front desk while booking
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed June 20, 2013

I stay at Hampton Inns often when travelling because they have always been reliably comfortable and provide a good complimenatry breakfast. However the front desk staff at this hotel was particularly welcoming and helpful. I was travelling with a leg injury and was fatigued and uncomfortable by the time we arrived. When they saw that my teenage son really wanted to go to a nearby local restaruant they offered to take him in the hotel shuttle so I wouldn't have to drive any further. They really went the extra mile and it was such a big help!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Staff were very friendly & courteous. Checkin was very fast. Room was clean. Hotel seemed older, but was kept up well. Plenty of hot water. Breakfast had plenty of options. Would stay again. Outback and Texas steakhouse across the street, but other restaurants were nearby.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 11, 2013

The hospitality at this Hampton Inn was almost overwhelming. This was the third Hampton Inn that we stayed at during this vacation; so we knew it would be a pleasant experience, but the Staff at this one went out of their way to welcome us! We arrived with 4 children. We were offered freshly popped popcorn, fresh fruit, and fresh chocolate chip cookies ... I was thinking they wanted the children to stay up all night! LOL!!! We needed a roll-away-bed and one was quickly brought to our room. In the morning we were greeted with smiles and enthusiastic "Good Morning!" greetings from ALL the staff we came in contact with. This Hampton Inn is definitely on our list of places to stay on our drives down/up the East Coast.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My friend and I recently met at the Hampton Inn for a one night "reunion" stay. The staff was absolutely wonderful. Alyse the desk attendant personally drove us to a restaurant so we wouldn't have to drink and drive. In the morning at breakfast the manager came around to every person and asked how their stay was, if they needed anything, etc. Monday through Thursday they have free cocktail hour with beer/wine and food. The rooms were very clean! I would stay there again and again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sara C
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Stopped on our way to Myrtle Beach. Staff great. Steered us away from a bad restaurant. So helpful. Breakfast was exceptional. Nice fresh fruits, clean. Staff replenishing foods often. Easy access. This is where we will stop during our next trip.

Room Tip: Great room. Clean. Snacks great.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Katandbob
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Coming in on a cold rainy night, we were pleased at the friendliness of the young woman who checked us in. She offered us coffee, popcorn and apples to take to our room gratis. A warm welcome started our stay on the right foot.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family