“Decent overnight stop.”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Rocky Mount
Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in Rocky Mount
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Traveling from NY to SC this was the place we stopped at 3am, it was the only hotel in town with rooms left, and the rate was 99.99 plus tax. Not a bad price. The staff was nice and our room was pretty clean. One thing that was odd to me was the bathroom ceiling was very very low; it was dropped at least 6" from the rest of the room, making a shower a little challenging. I'm only 5'7" and the shower head was so low that I had to bend really low to accomplish any sort of hair washing. Maybe taller people would prefer to stay elsewhere. Also I found the pillows to be very uncomfortable, very very soft so when you lay down your head is basically on the mattress anyways. The beds were nice though. There is an attached restaurant, Texas something or other. The breakfast was 10% off when you showed your room keys, but it was nothing to write home about so I wouldn't have breakfast there again. They had a limited menu, fine service just cheaper tasting food. Overall it was a good value.

• Stayed: December 2012
Kevin F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Rocky Mount, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, we appreciate all the positive things you had to say about our hotel.
We look forward to your many returns, thank you for staying with us and for your loyalty to our Hilton family.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,087)

Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

The fact that you get offered warm cookies is ALWAYS wonderful, but the smiling, pleasant staff, the comfy beds and extras such as refrigerator, microwave and free breakfast make it a winner. I asked for extra pillows- and in a flash they were delivered. I wish I had asked for names at front desk to offer kudos to the wonderful young woman who stayed on the phone with me to give directions while I was completely lost. She went above and beyond and that's probably the most valuable asset this chain has-great people! Thank you for making this stay worthy of a great review!!!

• Stayed: December 2012
Kevin F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Rocky Mount, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2012

Thank you for this awesome review you have expressed everything we strive to make each and every guest experience before and during their stay with us. We are so very glad that your stay was worthy of this review.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

A bit off 95, but worth the couple of miles. Construction around entrance and you have to look hard for the driveway. Was warmly greeted and really made to feel welcome.
Rooms were nice and beds really comfortable. Breakfast at the Texasroadhouse which is connected to but not part of the hotel. Hostess and staff showed what southern hospitality is all about. Limited menu, but excellent pancakes and French toast. Prices were surprisingly low
In the 6-8 dollar range. Planning to stop on the way back south.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write your positive review, we are glad you took the time to navigate your way to us. We are also very pleased you found everything suitable for your travel needs, we look forward to your many returns.
Thank you for staying with us and for your loyalty to our Hilton family.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Clean and upscale hotel. Helpful and friendly staff. Our room was nicely decorated, in great shape and was very quiet. We even got a call from the front desk after check in to make sure everything was to our liking. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Kevin F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Rocky Mount, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write your positive review, we are very pleased your found our staff and our hotel suitable for your travel needs.
We are looking forward to your many returns, thank you for staying with us and for your loyalty to our Hilton family.

Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

We had a great experience at the Doubletree Rocky Mount last night. We checked in late after a long day of driving. We were greeted by a friendly front desk clerk who offered warm cookies. The room was clean and the beds were extremely comfortable. The fitness center is terrific. We had a good night's sleep, a good morning workout, a hot shower and a hot cup of coffee from the lobby as we left this morning. We will stop here again when headed up or down Rte 95 in the future.

• Stayed: December 2012
Kevin F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Rocky Mount, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review, we are truly pleased you were able to take advantage of some of our many amenities. Mostly we are pleased our staff treated you as an honored guest and you were able to get a good nights sleep.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

This Doubletree lived up to most of our expectations, plus. We happened to arrive on a Tuesday, and on Tuesday evenings, they have free hors d'ouevres, wine, and 10 minute massages in the lobby, not to mention their famous warm chocolate chip cookies. Staff was fantastic. My only two complaints: 1. Pillows were way too soft; we found them mushy and had trouble sleeping, and 2. the carpeting was so thick in the corridor to the room it was difficult to roll the luggage rack.

That said, this hotel is a winner. Especially on Tuesdays!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Kevin F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Rocky Mount, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review, we are very glad you arrived in time to enjoy out Tuesday night Manager's Reception. Thank you for your input on these activities, we are always looking for ways to improve your stays with us.
Thank you for staying with us and for your loyalty to our Hilton family.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel on November 23-26. The rooms are updated, clean, and very comfortable. The exercise facilty is very good. Nice restaurant (Texas Steakhouse) attached to hotel. Very close to Gateway Center, restaurants, grocery and drug stores. Close to hwy 95 north and south. Close to hwy 64 east and west. Nicely decorated lobby. Front desk congeniality, however, needs improvement. While there are a few front desk desk staffers who are friendly, collectively however, other front desk staffers are not as friendly as front desk personnel at other other hotels I've frequented. This has consistently been the case for me at this hotel at 3-4 stays per year over the past three years. I've commented to Hilton and seen some improvement from time to time, but I think the front desk staff should be more attentive throughout the stay. After check-in, when I've walked past the front desk, they've often appeared like they were busy, and never look up even when other customers are not checking in. I've even witnessed them answer the phone in the middle checking me in, without saying excuse me. Additionally, I've seen them switch focus from me to another customer, who had an overbearing attitude, without saying excuse me or asking my permission to address the other customer's issues. To me, this is unsatisfactory and disrespectful. I'm a Diamond member and world traveler. I instantly notice the difference in hospitality from hotel to hotel. This hotel has so much potential. The Double Tree housekeeping staff is very friendly and helpful. It would be nice if the front desk would also focus on making guests feel welcomed upon check-in, after check-in, and upon departure. For me, I have grown to expect good customer appreciation, and get a little disappointed when I feel like I don't get that experience when I check into a hotel. This is not a bad hotel, but could use some improvement on the initial customer reception.

Room Tip: Odd number rooms provide the best view. I prefer higher floor which are best for good views. Hotel...