“New and Quiet”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Rocky Mount
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Rocky Mount
Reviewed August 27, 2012

This property is an easily traveled mile from I-95, which eliminates road noise and the frenetics of lodging at an interchange. It appears to be new; our room was large, pristine and the public areas clean and attractive. The rate seemed reasonable for value delivered. Parking is in the hotel lot, adjacent and convenient to the building. The staff were welcoming and helpful.
An unusually "snug" fitness center and an attached steak house that did not have much breakast ambience and poorly performing staff are the only negatives. There are several good casual restaurants close to the hotel, among them Cracker Barrel and Outback.
We would definitely choose this hotel were we to have a future stay in this area.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Kevin F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Rocky Mount, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review, we are very pleased you found our hotel suitable for your travel needs. We look forward to your many returns.
Thank you for staying with us and for your loyalty to our Hilton family.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

We stayed here on our trip from NJ to Florida. It was convenient to 95. It was a quiet hotel. There is an Outback Steakhouse across from the parking lot. The staff was very friendly. The lack of complimentary of breakfast is a negative.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Kevin F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Rocky Mount, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Thank you for your positive feedback. I appreciate your comments and suggestions for a complimentary breakfast since it is suggestions like yours that help us rethink our services. Please let me know when you will be back in the area so I can be sure to introduce myself. Safe travels.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Bathroom noticeably dirty.
Toilet questionably stained.
Bathroom sink drains extremely slow.
Dirty floors - crumbs, dust, etc.
Found an empty water bottle under my bed - NOT from us. I didn't even have the stomach to look under the other bed.
Worst of all - for $160/night - NO continental breakfast.
The only good thing I can say is they have friendly customer service.
We only stayed at this hotel because the one we wanted was booked and we are here because of a death in the family. Not something we needed to add onto the stress.

• Stayed: August 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and bringing these issues to my attention. This is not the standard we strive for at our hotel, I apologize for all inconveniences you encountered and for any added stress they may have caused.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Stayed for three nights. Front desk staff were pleasant and helpful. Room was clean except the short bed spreads were stained. Very good flat screen TV with HD. In-room cooling unit was noisy. No complimentary breakfast which was a disappointment especially considering the moderately high price. Staff responded promptly to request for coffee that was not left in the room by cleaning staff. Need lamps on both sides of bed for two to be able to read in bed. Would be nice to have an additional easy chair so one person of a couple doesn't have to sit on the bed to watch TV.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CvilleExplorers

Thank you for taking the time to make so many positive points in your review, I apologize for any inconveniences you experienced while at our hotel.
Thank you for staying with us and for your loyalty to our Hilton family.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Stopped here on our way to the Outer Banks. We recieved a warm welcome from the staff and were made to feel at home even though we arrived at 11:00 PM at night. There were even hot cookies at that time of night. Our room was comfortable and cheery. We went to Texas Steakhouse in the morning and had a great breakfast for a resonable price. We would certainly stop at this hotel the next time we are in Rocky Mount.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Ashley S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Rocky Mount, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2017

Reviewed July 24, 2012

This trip was a spur of the moment type trip so we had no hotel arrangements or anything. We just got on the road and headed to NC to see my grandad. We stopp off at the exit where we could see the hotel from the highway. My aunt went in and was able to get us a room for the night for a really good price which was a plus. The hotel itself was very nice but there were a few things I thought would be standard at a hotel like the doubletree. Such as, coffe, tea, water, soda in the lobby along with like cookies or popcorn or something. They had none of this not even like a continental breakfast. However we did go to the restaraunt that was attached and had breakfast....and let me say that that was the worst breakfast i had ever had in the country. The food was cold and not cooked well, the waitress was not the nicest and it was just all around disappointing.
The room was nice but please note the pictures attached. I usually like styaing at the doubletree but this one in rockt mount I dont see me staying at again.

1  Thank tazlady98

Reviewed July 14, 2012

Our family stopped here on our way from NJ to SC. The hotel was clean and nice. The room was a little small and had 2 doubles that make it tough for a couple to share a bed, but otherwise fine. The pool was nice. We'll probably return as we travel for years to come but nothing more than just an overnight stop.

1  Thank michellef16
Management response:Responded July 16, 2012

Thank you for your positive feedback and comments. I appreciate the fact that you chose our hotel as I know you have many choices when travelling through to your final destination. Have an Excellent day and safe travels.