“Never again”

Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in Rocky Mount
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Bathroom noticeably dirty.
Toilet questionably stained.
Bathroom sink drains extremely slow.
Dirty floors - crumbs, dust, etc.
Found an empty water bottle under my bed - NOT from us. I didn't even have the stomach to look under the other bed.
Worst of all - for $160/night - NO continental breakfast.
The only good thing I can say is they have friendly customer service.
We only stayed at this hotel because the one we wanted was booked and we are here because of a death in the family. Not something we needed to add onto the stress.

• Stayed: August 2012
Kevin F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Rocky Mount, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and bringing these issues to my attention. This is not the standard we strive for at our hotel, I apologize for all inconveniences you encountered and for any added stress they may have caused.
Thank you for staying with us and for your loyalty to Hilton family.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,077)

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Stayed for three nights. Front desk staff were pleasant and helpful. Room was clean except the short bed spreads were stained. Very good flat screen TV with HD. In-room cooling unit was noisy. No complimentary breakfast which was a disappointment especially considering the moderately high price. Staff responded promptly to request for coffee that was not left in the room by cleaning staff. Need lamps on both sides of bed for two to be able to read in bed. Would be nice to have an additional easy chair so one person of a couple doesn't have to sit on the bed to watch TV.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CvilleExplorers

Thank you for taking the time to make so many positive points in your review, I apologize for any inconveniences you experienced while at our hotel.
Thank you for staying with us and for your loyalty to our Hilton family.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Stopped here on our way to the Outer Banks. We recieved a warm welcome from the staff and were made to feel at home even though we arrived at 11:00 PM at night. There were even hot cookies at that time of night. Our room was comfortable and cheery. We went to Texas Steakhouse in the morning and had a great breakfast for a resonable price. We would certainly stop at this hotel the next time we are in Rocky Mount.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Ashley S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Rocky Mount, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2017

Reviewed July 24, 2012

This trip was a spur of the moment type trip so we had no hotel arrangements or anything. We just got on the road and headed to NC to see my grandad. We stopp off at the exit where we could see the hotel from the highway. My aunt went in and was able to get us a room for the night for a really good price which was a plus. The hotel itself was very nice but there were a few things I thought would be standard at a hotel like the doubletree. Such as, coffe, tea, water, soda in the lobby along with like cookies or popcorn or something. They had none of this not even like a continental breakfast. However we did go to the restaraunt that was attached and had breakfast....and let me say that that was the worst breakfast i had ever had in the country. The food was cold and not cooked well, the waitress was not the nicest and it was just all around disappointing.
The room was nice but please note the pictures attached. I usually like styaing at the doubletree but this one in rockt mount I dont see me staying at again.

1  Thank tazlady98

Reviewed July 14, 2012

Our family stopped here on our way from NJ to SC. The hotel was clean and nice. The room was a little small and had 2 doubles that make it tough for a couple to share a bed, but otherwise fine. The pool was nice. We'll probably return as we travel for years to come but nothing more than just an overnight stop.

1  Thank michellef16
Management response:Responded July 16, 2012

Thank you for your positive feedback and comments. I appreciate the fact that you chose our hotel as I know you have many choices when travelling through to your final destination. Have an Excellent day and safe travels.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

My wife and I stayed 2 days for business trip and while rooms were nice, pool actually heated, nice whirlpool and Texas Steakhouse has good food, the hotel is badly in need of some cosmetic help. Peeling wallpaper in hallways, dirty grout in elevator, doors that need cleaned due to dirt buildup on them. Not typical Doubletree standards. Also checked in on Sunday night and only 1 front desk person so took awhile to check in even with Hilton Honors packet.

Room Tip: Pay the little extra for rooms not on highway/road. Alot quieter on pool side
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank reliabilityguy

Reviewed July 11, 2012

For the past 5 years my family and I have stayed at the Rocky Mount, NC Double Tree Hotel by Hilton. We travel from CT to Surfside Beach, SC and this hotel is a great stopping point for us rather than traveling straight through. The rooms are very clean and comfortable, the staff is very friendly and welcoming and they have a great pool for everyone to relax in after a long days travel. As a HHonor reward member we are welcomed with a gift bag full of goodies and bottled water and warm cookies are given on arrival (my kids favorite part of this stop). The restaraunt attached has decent food so we usually eat dinner and breakfast right there. We will continue to make this our annual overnight spot on the way to SC.

1  Thank emiesmom

Thank you so much for your positive feedback about your entire experience at our hotel. The details of your stay is very helpful and I will be sharing it with the entire staff. Please stop in and stay with us if you are ever back in the area.