Residence Inn Rocky Mount
$99
$80
ComfortInn
$108
Econo Lodge North(Rocky Mount)
$55
EconoLodge
  • Breakfast included
$72
$105
$95
Quality Inn North(Rocky Mount)
$60
$116
Hampton.com
Courtyard Rocky Mount(Rocky Mount)
$119
$107
All reviewsfront deskgas fireplaceliving areastudio suitebusy highwayfull kitchenwafflesrestaurants within walking distanceexercise roomoutback steakhousebusiness tripshower headlong drivecracker barreldogfloridapets
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I'm an avid Residence Inn junkie, so as long as there is a reasonable price, I'm staying! I didn't have much to say about this property, as I walked in, it was like any other Residence Inn I've stayed at. The hotel staff was pleasant and helpful, and quickly got me checked into my room.

As I entered the room, it was nice and clean, but I was a bit disappointed that the kitchen and the bathroom were a bit dated. I have been traveling a lot this year, and have stayed at 5+ Residence Inns, and this one goes at the bottom of my list. I know Rocky Mount is not a big city, however, it would be nice to know that this hotel looks/feels like the next Residence Inn miles away.

Breakfast was pretty good, there was a variety...this is what was served when I was there (7/15):
Hot Bar: Sausage Patties, Sausage scramble (sausage bits, potatoes, red/green peppers), eggs,
waffles irons, oatmeal
Cold: Cereal, fresh fruit, juices
Bagels, Bread(for toast), muffins
There was coffee/tea/hot chocolate. There was also complementary cookies in the lobby early evening. Though I like Oatmeal Raisin cookies, I think they should have a variety of cookies. As I was getting some, another guest wanted some, thought they were chocolate chip, but when told they were oatmeal raisin, was disappointed because he could not eat raisins.

Other than that, I could not complain about the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
jamesmichaelwhite, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Rocky Mount, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, our hotel will be beginning our renovations later this year. We are truly looking forward to the upcoming changes and improvements, please come back when in our area and give us another look after we have completed our transformation.
Thank you for staying with us and for your loyalty to our Residence Inn family.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I travel a good deal. I've stayed in hotels high and low. By far, this is the noisiest hotel I have ever stayed at. We were making a long trip down the east coast, and used Rocky Mount as a nice stop off. I try to be a loyal Marriott member, but honestly, my loyalty is fading fast and moving elsewhere.

We had a 2 bedroom reserved. I've stayed at other Residence Inns with the family, and the same type of room worked out well. Here though, not so much.

The entire place felt VERY worn. The bed was horrible. My back was honestly in shambles for 2 days after sleeping in that bed. Tack on the ridiculous road noise and this may be the worst hotel stay for rest I've had. With my status, I would have thought I would be away from the highway....but no. Every motorcycle, every truck, felt like it was driving right through the bedroom.

There was maintenance issues in the bathroom. I recall seeing a hole in the wall that was attempted to be patched....well...attempted was the best word to describe it. For the money, you can do much better than staying here.

Room Tip: Ask to be AWAY from the road/highway.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write your review we truly appreciate your feedback, I apologize for the highway nosie in your two-bed room suite. Unfortunately our hotel was only built with six two-bedroom suites and they are all on the same end of the hotel, we also offer a one-bedroom suite which gives us more options for location with in our hotel.
Also our hotel is slated to begin renovations later this year and we are excited about the upcoming facelift.
I would welcome a call from you in an effort to speak about compension for your stay.
James White
Guest Relations Manager
252-451-5600

Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

So in the past I would just pick a hotel up on the road but this time scored one earlier- location is good- beds were ok- was not impressed the pull out was not made with 2 adults 2 kids- room needed serious updating furniture was slowly deteriorating- breakfast in my opinion was on the ok side but would not bank on it if your picky like me- fruit selection poor- overall 140 w tax - would stay here again- not be friends in our room

• Stayed: July 2013
jamesmichaelwhite, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Rocky Mount, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review we truly appreciate your feedback, we would have been glad to have made your sofabed had you called in advance and requested this, we usually won't make them in advance in case you might want to relax before bed. Please stop by and see us again the next time you are in our area and give us the chance to show you our true Southern charm.
Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

check in on 07/01/2013 for one night.got up in the am and to take a shower there was no shower head.when we check out we told Kimberly birth . she told that the room was no charge I told her it was ok but she returned my cash. over the last ten years we have stop at rocky mount n.c. going up and back from florida to new jersey thank you so much.donna deinnis de rosa.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank donnad34091
jamesmichaelwhite, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Rocky Mount, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, I apologize that your room only had a accessable shower head.
We are also very pleased Kim Birth was able to make ammends for inconvenience, thank you for your loyalty over the last ten years and we are looking forward to your many returns.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

My son's 10 year old baseball team & their families stayed at the Residence Inn during a tournament in Rocky Mount. The staff was extremely patient with our energetic & excited boys. The rooms were very clean & comfortable. They served a free hot southern breakfast every morning that was a perfect way for the team to start their day.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write your positive review, we really enjoyed having you all here with us during this tournament and we look forward to many more.
Thank you you for staying with us.