“Not the Country Inn and Suites”

Americas Express Inn Rocky Mount
Americas Express Inn Rocky Mount
Ranked #14 of 28 Hotels in Rocky Mount
Reviewed May 25, 2012

The good reviews here are for the Country Inn and Suites. The Country Hearth Inn is terrible and filthy. The staff is friendly, but it is not enough to justify the awful smell that fills the halls, and the poorly kept conditions of the room. The air conditioner worked, but the vents were broken. Pay the extra money to stay somewhere better!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed November 21, 2011

I've stayed at some really bad/dirty/scary hotels and this wasn't the worst, but it was the second worst. It's basically a long-term affordable housing complex. When I left at 6:30 AM, kids were being picked up by the school bus. Very depressing.

When I checked in, I was handed the key card with the remote control from behind the bullet-proof check-in window. The room and furnishings were worn down and dirty. The only positive thing I can say is that the sheets weren't visibly dirty. The security latch on the door was broken, so I stacked all of the furniture against the door for security. The peephole was jammed up with gum. The bathroom had old fixtures and was dirty. The ceiling was stained.

I can't think of any reason to stay here. I should've slept in my car.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
5  Thank Anne S
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Cute lobby, but wait till you get in the elevators and smell dog feces, the rooms are fully equipt, but filthy, carpets are super stained, counters are sticky, probably jam or some orbs substance, we told the receptionist and canceled our stay, Whats funny us you can't smoke, but your pet can crap allover the place....BTW when they tell you no pets allowed in floor 3 or 4, don't believe it!

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank montse6626
Reviewed September 6, 2010

This was a Horrible Hotel with regards to service, cleanliness, amenities, location, and safety! It was obvious that the owner was renting rooms on an hourly basis to very unsavory clientele. I did not think my car would still be in the parking lot when I awoke, or at the very least, it would be vandalized. There was no breakfast; & no coffee in the room. When I asked the desk clerk for coffee, he took me to the Laundry room, and poured coffee from a communal pot. The bed spreads were filthy. There was no remote for the TV. The bathroom towels were thin as paper towels; there was one soap; No hair dryer. There was a piece of wood in the window to "secure" the window from outside entry. I was afraid to unpack my car alone. We drove around for an hour before we found the Hotel, as as the owner spoke such horrible English, he was inept at helping us with directions. I felt so strongly about preventing another individual from having this bad experience, that I called Bank of America and asked them to please remove this Hotel from their Power Rewards redemption page on line.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank silkasmom
Reviewed April 11, 2010

We travel north-south on I-95 several times a year. Our MO is to pick up coupon booklets and, when we decide we've had enough driving for the day, pick the cheapest motel that sounds reasonable. The Country Hearth Inn (also called Motel 9 Express) at about $43 (with taxes) was below expectations. The smoke alarm was disconnected, the TV worked before dinner but not after and had neither CNN nor FNC, the bathroom sink didn't drain properly, the toilet ran, there were no hand towels, the carpet was quite dirty, if you sat off-center on the bed it tipped off it's platform ......you get the idea. It did have WIFI as advertised.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank twenda
Reviewed February 4, 2010

i stayed there before 2 days for my business trip. when i checked in i request for non smoking room, but when i run out to room the lobby and in the room smelling like odd and when i go to front desk the guy change the room for me and the 2nd room same as well. i called to front desk clark that can i speak with manager he said he is the manager so i isked his name and he said my name is JANI. i request to him, mr. JANI can i have nice room than that because this room very stink and seems like somebody smoke and he said sorry, and hang up my phone. so i left this motel and go to next motel. but only i lelf this note for the owner because when i asked to manager please gives me phone nomber for owner so i can talk about rooms and all he said to me that he just start this job so he dont have his number. please read this note whoever owner of this motel that your front desk dont know how to handel guest services. please train first them. hope you can read my note.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank john307moslycourt
Reviewed August 22, 2007

I have stayed in Super 8's before and never had any problems. When I found this Super 8 under their website I telephoned the 800 number to make a reservation. The website said it had been recently renovated, not!! Also the motel pictures looked like a decent place to stay, not!! The room had a horrible smell, the bathtub looked like it had mold around it and the carpet dirty. My daughter was afraid to walk in the room in her barefeet. At the continental breakfast offered in the morning it was just coffee and tiny prepackaged donuts. The man I spoke to on the 800 number told me it was to be juice, coffee, cereals, donuts, pastries. The counter that the donuts & coffee were on was also very sticky and had crumbs on it. The counter looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a long time. At checkout we complained to the man at the front desk, he wanted to hear nothing about it. He told us to throw the keys in the basket and walked away. We should of never stayed overnite but we were unable to find a place to stay and had had a long day of driving. If I had to do it over again I would of lost my money and kept on driving. This Super 8 is a disgrace to the motel chain.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family