“awesome value”

Ranked #16 of 28 Hotels in Rocky Mount
USA
“awesome value”
Reviewed December 31, 2009

On the road, stopped for the night in Rocky Mount NC. Used an iPhone app to find the cheapest hotel, usually not a good idea. This was a excellent hotel for the money. Paid $49 for a single king. Room was clean, water was hot, bed was nice. The breakfast was a full buffet, up to Courtyard standards. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tjbudda

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
New Jersey
Reviewed July 12, 2009

The room had broken fixtures, stained furniture, a cigarette hole in the bedspread, dirty walls, musty carpet, scratched furniture, rusted tables at the pool and could not connect to the internet despite finding the connection. Overall the facility is unkept and even charging a lower rate would not lure me back. Entire family had a miserable nights sleep and stay.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank yoNewJersey
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed June 4, 2009

I've stayed here several times, never had a bad experience. 3 story property with an elevator, mostly exterior rooms. Smooth check-in, requested a ground floor room I could drive up to and that's what they gave me. Room was clean and comfortable with typical amenities. Wi-Fi worked well. Didn't use the pool, but it looked nice. Outdoor hot tub too, but it wasn't in service. AC in my room worked OK, but I think it would really struggle to keep the room cool on a hot day. There's a K&W Cafeteria within easy walking distance. Mall is across the street, several convenience stores, drug stores in immediate area. Hotel is easily seen from the highway, but figuring out how to get to it is a little tough, they need some more signs (turn at the bank and then immediately turn right behind the bank). Breakfast was fair, bagels, toast, pastries, waffles. Overall, a good stay and I'll stay here again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank rocknrun
newport news va
Reviewed November 10, 2008

Lobby is nice, room ordinary but seemed fairly clean.Tried using laundry facility but iafter dragging bag there, found key did not work and had to go to desk to get new key. No possibility of purchasing laundry soap,. In morning, we found there was an ironing board but no iron. Didn't bother calling down as we were running late. When taking clothes from drawer, saw a roach. Free breakfast was ok although appetite was gone.

Would go down the street next time as many other places in close proximity to choose from.

• Liked — Located across street from Mall.
  • Disliked — Numberous problems encountered and clerks indifference
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 13, 2008

Beds were nice.Bathroom was ok.We had a ground floor room.We used our Marriott Reward points for this stay on the way to Myrtle Beach.It was great until the morning when me my son and his uncle went out to find our van (AWD Town&Country), had the driver side window broken out!Not the hotels fault,but did not even check survalince if they had any.Breakfast was all right.

• Liked — Right by I-95
  • Disliked — Theft
  • Stayed September 2003, traveled with family
2 Thank DFCQ11
Alabama
Reviewed August 27, 2007

We planned to arrive here in plenty of time to have a nice dinner and relax before driving on to the Outer Banks the next morning, but checking in ended up taking so long that we ended up eating our supper very late and having hardly any time to relax at all.

This is a long story... but I just have to write it!

The young woman at the front desk did her job but offered NOTHING additional. My husband asked if we could get a room near the pool but we ended up in a room on the first floor facing the parking lot and not near the pool at all. It was nice, though, with the king bed we requested and a fridge & microwave, and we were okay with that... maybe she misunderstood.

Hubby jumped into the shower while I got out the laptop and tried to connect to the free wireless Internet. There was a very weak signal that my computer connected to but then it wouldn't load any pages or anything. I looked around for a wired connection, but there wasn't any.

I called the front desk and told the young lady that I was having trouble connecting to the Internet. "Oh, I didn't know you wanted Internet. It only works on the second floor." Me: "Well, I really need to use the Internet." Her: "Oh... do you have a wireless computer?" Me: "Yes." Her: "Well, you can come to the lobby and use it here... it works in the lobby."

But I didn't want to go all the way to the lobby to use my computer; I wanted to use it in the comfort of my own room!

When hubby got out of the shower, he called the front desk and asked for a room where the Internet worked. "No problem." While Hubby got dressed, I went back to the front desk to get the new room. Two heads were bent over the computer as I walked up to the counter. I stood there. Desk girl glanced up at me quickly and then back at the computer without saying a word. I could tell they were having computer problems so I waited patiently. The guy continued to push buttons, the computer continued to beep its errors, the young woman continued to stare at the computer. After maybe ten minutes of that I finally said, "I take it we're waiting for the computer to work before I can get the new room?"

Then the guy immediately said he would take me to the room himself and open it with the master key, which he did. He hurried back down to the office saying he would be right back. I looked around the room and saw that it was two queen beds instead of a king. That was okay, though... but then I realized that there was no fridge or microwave. I called Hubby back in the first room and we decided we really wanted at least a fridge, so I called the front desk. The guy was already on his way back up.

When the guy arrived, I told him that we were supposed to have a king bed and our first room had also had a fridge/microwave. He seemed genuinely surprised that we would have been given a different bed arrangement than we'd reserved, and he said we'd go back down and get it all straightened out. I followed him back down to the front office where he gave me two new keys.

I took the keys up to the room (through the heat that seemed to be getting hotter the longer I was running back and forth in it) and they wouldn't work!! So, another trip back down to the office where it was apparent by the guy's expression that he discovered right away why they didn't work. He re-programmed the keys, apologized, and went back up with me this time to make SURE they worked. This time was a charm and once the door was open, I saw that the bed was also right AND there was a microwave and a fridge.

I called the first room to tell Hubby where I was and there was no answer. So I went back down in that s-l-o-w roasting elevator to find him. He'd gotten tired of waiting and had loaded all our stuff back into the car and went to find ME. We hauled everything up in that hot elevator... my clothes were really sticking to me by then. As soon as we were in the room, I quickly tried the computer signal and THAT worked. Finally! Hubby was starving by then, so we headed out to eat at the nearest decent place we could find instead of having a nice leisurely dinner as planned.

Everything else was okay. I had booked the room on the Internet and it was more than okay for the price (total including tax was $60.33) and that included a pretty decent breakfast. There was nice bedding on the bed, carpet that looked brand new, it had a fridge & microwave, there was a table desk for the computer with an office chair, and an armchair in the corner. There was a coffeemaker, iron & ironing board, hair dryer, shampoo & conditioner and I think lotion, free USA Today paper... so I would definitely stay here again for the price. I would just make sure I told them I wanted a room where the Internet works.

Every time I rode the elevator, it was suffocating. Another guest commented about how hot that elevator was.

The guy was helpful and friendly and had LOTS more people skills than the young woman. I didn't even see her smile once. But I realize that everyone has a bad day or might feel badly or have just had bad news or whatever.

The breakfast area was small but there weren't many people there when we were there, so it was fine.

The rest of our stay that night was uneventful... and I hope that all the trouble at the beginning was just a comedy of errors!

• Liked — Good value... nice room and amenities/extras for the money
  • Disliked — The fiasco checking in, the STIFLING elevator
  • Stayed August 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Linja
Florida
Reviewed August 22, 2007

Very small , clean rooms with older furnishings. Wireless internet did not work. Average breakfast. Many restaurants and shopping are a short drive away.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Rover9FL