“I hate smoking rooms & requested non smoking:/”

Comfort Inn Rocky Mount
Ranked #9 of 28 Hotels in Rocky Mount
“I hate smoking rooms & requested non smoking:/”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

This is the absolute worse hotel experience ever! I hate smoking and am sitting here in a smoking room that my husband had requested online for NON SMOKING. I'm sitting here debating calling the Double Tree next door because I don't know if I can sleep smelling this. I went down to front desk to complain and ask why we are in a smoking room, the man said that's all we had left and did NOT inform us that we were staying on a smoking floor....will never stay in a Comfort Inn again! Aren't they supposed to be nicer than this?

• Stayed December 2013
GMNC112, General Manager at Comfort Inn Rocky Mount, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thank you for sharing your concerns, I think travelers should know when services are unsatisfactory. I respect your observations and want you to know that I am looking into the matter. I also would like to personnally apologize for any and all inconveniences this issue may have caused you. I would be happy to take a call from you in regards to this stay. Again, thank you for sharing your concerns.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed December 21, 2013

This hotel is about 10 hours' drive from Tampa and 8 hours' drive from NY. The place is conveniently located off I95. Outback Steak House is next to the hotel if you want a nice dinner after a long drive. The lobby is big and clean, a snack area is beside the front deck which has all kinds of snack and drinks to choose from if you prefer. The room is spacious with a warm welcome scent. The bathroom is clean and it does not have any smell at all near the toilet area like some of the hotels. Bath towels are spackling white and soft. The linen and comforter are soft and clean looking, just like the cruise ships. Breakfast area is spacious with Continental and traditional American hot and cold breakfast. The staff is friendly and helpful. This is definitely the place we will stay whenever we need to travel to the Northeast. To top it all, the price is extremely reasonable.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
GMNC112, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Rocky Mount, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you for loding with us. There are many accommodations you could have chosen in the area. We are certainly excited to learn of your stay with us here at The Comfort Inn, was an enjoyable one.

Be Safe and Be EXCELLENT!
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed December 13, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Your hotel for 2 days for Thanksgiving. We made last minute reservations and I was pleased that we were able to get a room at such late notice. We arrived late and called the front desk once we arrived to make sure our reservations would still be honored. When checking in, everyone at the front desk was very friendly and made sure to let us know if we needed anything to give them a call. The room was very clean. One of the elevators was out of service when we arrived, but George Murphy was standing at the elevator greeting visitors and apologizing for the inconveince of having to wait for the other elevator, which wasnt necessary, but very professional. This hotel is extremely close to the highway which is another plus. I will definitely reccomend staying here.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for you business. It is with great pleasure to read this review. I will share this review with George and the other staff. He is definitely an asset to this hotel.

Have an EXCELLENT year!
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed December 6, 2013

This is an excellent hotel to stay at if you are in the Rocky Mount, NC area.The hotel staff is very friendly, courteous, and helpful. The rooms are always nice and clean, plus the bedding is very comfortable.I stay here once a week on business, and in the morning I always look forward to the excellent breakfast selections prepared by Ms. Jackie. She's always there with an inviting smile on her face ready to assist the hotel guest with the service of excellence.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
GMNC112, General Manager at Comfort Inn Rocky Mount, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
This is absolutely a wonderful review for the staff and hotel. I can not express my delight for your satisfaction and apprecaition of our service. Thank you on behalf of our staff for your business and for taking the time to survey our hotel on Trip Advisor.
Auburn, Maine
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel several times and are never disappointed! It has always been very clean and the staff is great! They also provide a very good breakfast for their guests. This year they have added new white comforters similar to down. These were wonderful and they have added new bed pillows both soft and firm to each bed. Great additions! We will certainly stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank yiayia330
Thank you for a wonderful review. Our staff truly enjoys reading these posts on our morning board. I am very delighted to know that the staff and services made such an Excellent impression. I look forward to your return!! Thanks again!
Browns Mills, New Jersey
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We stayed here on our way to South Carolina from New Jersey, wonderful clean and comfortable room. Hot fresh breakfast in the morning was just what we needed to get us up and going. Even our dog "Pickles" loved the accomadations. Highly recommend this Comfort Inn as a midway stopping point between the New Jersey and Florida.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Arlo K
Thank you for the recommendation and for taking the time to survey the hotel on Trip Advisor. Thank you for your business and I look forward to return. Have an Excellent Holiday Season!
Safety Harbor, Florida
Reviewed November 29, 2013

My partner and I, along with our travel weary dog, arrived at the hotel desk desperate for a room after an 8 hour trip from New York on our way to Florida. Tired and hungry, the reservation clerk immediately accommodated us a very comfortable room and reminded us that there was a hot breakfast included.
I am writing this review not only in praise of Comfort Inn, but to warn the public NOT TO USE PRICELINE to book a hotel room. Because we were traveling with a dog, we initially bid on a room in Rocky Mount that was pet friendly. We were given a room at the Doubletree which, it turned out, does not allow dogs. Priceline refused to refund our money based on their deceptive "contracts"; in fact, you cannot reach a human being to inquire about their policies until you have already booked an itinerary with them. We were fortunate that Comfort Inn, while not a luxury hotel, was available and very accommodating.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for an Excellent survey and recommendation, especially in regards to pets. As more and more travelers bring along those extended family members, I think it is important to recognize locations that welcome pets along that stretch of the interstate. I am happy that at the end of the day, everything turned out well for you. Thank you for your business! Have an Excellent Holiday Season!