“Clean, Well maintained, great location and friendly service,”

Comfort Inn Rocky Mount
Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in Rocky Mount
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Needed to stay overnight on way home from long trip, got friendly help when I called from a rest stop in Georgia. When I arrived got prompt service from front desk clerk, Sharon. Clean room, lots of pillows, nice bed, and a good nights sleep. We enjoyed a good breakfast before heading back home, and were greeted by customer rep, Melissa who was very helpful and cordial. Both these ladies are professional and a credit to the Choice Hotels Organization. Would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Call ahead if you can, large bed was very comfortable
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
GMNC112, General Manager at Comfort Inn Rocky Mount, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2013

Excellent! Thank you for acknowleging the staff. Sharon and Melissa are truly wonderful associates of the hotel. They will be smiling from cheek to cheek when they read your comments.

Hope to see you back soon!

Have an Excellent Holiday Season!

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Stayed in late October after a long day's drive from Florida and we were very satisfied. The clerk who registered us was particularly helpful and accommodating. The room was very clean with a comfortable bed and a choice of four pillows. The breakfast included sausage and eggs, waffles, Danish and other breads and rolls along with juice and cereal as well as yogurt. Free USA newspapers were available. At $75, the price was reasonable and within local parameters. This was a great place to stay!!!!

Room Tip: The elevator made room selection very east.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Excellent review! I want to you for such wonderful comments. Thank you, thank you, thank you for your business!

Hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Pulled off the road tired without a reservation. Got a fair rate on a comfortable room. Great bed, hot shower, TV worked. This hotel delivered the good value I've come to expect from the Comfort brand. Didn't try the breakfast/pool/etc as we were in and out. Just came for a great night's sleep, and that's exactly what we got.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your review and your business. Safe travels down the road. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed October 27, 2013

We were very disappointed in our stay at the Comfort Inn in Rocky Mount, NC. We have stayed at many Comfort Inns, but this is the first (and Last) time we will stay at this one. It was very noisy; we had to call the lobby desk at 10:45 pm to ask for help in getting the people in the next room to quiet down. The walls were very thin; we were next to the laundry room with the dryer running late into the night. The room was not very clean, especially the carpet. The breakfast was fair considering the price. I would not recommend this particular Comfort Inn for these reasons.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
GMNC112, General Manager at Comfort Inn Rocky Mount, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience with the reviewers of Trip Advisor. I certainly respect your comments and will personally address what seems to have been a deviation in our services. It also appears that one of the units in laudry area may need some attention and I will also ensure to correct or make repairs as needed. I will share your experience with the rest of the staff and use your comments to make improvements to the service.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

We have been staying here for the past few summers on our trips North and South because this is a pet friendly hotel and have given this property a good review before. Not now.. Our July stop we noticed that the room carpet was not clean and the room had a strange smell from whatever they cleaned with. I actually had some kind of red rash on my hands but it went away after we left the next morning. On the return trip in August the room we were given on the first floor had CLEARLY been smoked in for some time. The emblems outside the rooms which denote nonsmoking had disappeared on all the rooms in the back of the first floor pet friendly section...The surface of the cabinet the TV sat on had a film of dust and had not been cleaned in a week probably. The flat screen tv remote was damaged so it was difficult to change the channels. I actually sent an email to headquarters about the smoke while we were at this property and received an email back that I would be contacted. I was ...sometime later the following week with a lame comment from the GM that only the 4th floor was used for smoking guests. Seriously I am not stupid and these folks do not value their pet friendly repeat customers. I am looking for another place for our next trip.

Room Tip: It is truly a shame that this property is not well cleaned or maintained because it is a good locati...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
GMNC112, General Manager at Comfort Inn Rocky Mount, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2013

This is a good review, I respect the comments and experiences that were shared. I can certainly empathize with this guest, and in the same way that we celebrate the other Trip Advisor reviews, our staff will come together and try to identify what may have went wrong for this valuable guest on the day of accomodation. When I travel, I always search a location's reviews on Trip Advisor and when possible try to evaluate as many as I can to see if there are any discouraging trends. I am hoping that other reviewers are surveying as many reviews as possible on this property to really get a sense of the services. We provide complimentary dog treats as often as possible for our pets, and with over 28 smoking rooms on a dedicated floor, it is very rare that we find evidence of smoking in the other 90 rooms. I spoke to a guest one day who admitted smoking in a non-smoking room, he stated that the traffic on I-95 was so bad that he was a nervous wreck and without stopping to realize that he was in a non-smoking room, he lit one up. We laughed, I hugged him, wished him well; we deep cleaned the room at no expense.We can not always control what happens once we hand someone a key to a room they purchased no more than this guest could control the traffic. At the end of the day, especially in hospitality, we can control what makes us a unique species, the ability to forgive. Nevertheless, this review is important to me and I am committed to eliminating the deviation in the procedure(s) that led to this terrible experience and if this guest calls me directly, I would love to offer a gesture of good faith for his/her loyalty to Comfort and Trip Advisor.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed here for one night and the most impressive item about this hotel was the staff! So very friendly, inviting and helpful! Clean rooms, great location for restaurants etc. Will def stay again when we are in North Carolina.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for an awesome review! Thank you for your business. Our entire staff looks foward to the Trip Advisor reviews. I hope that you were able to find similar experiences as you continued your travels. Thank you for allowing the Comfort Inn Rocky Mount to be apart of your journey! Hope you can return soon!

Reviewed October 19, 2013

We have used this hotel several times going back and forth from NY to FL. The beds are deliciously comfortable and everything is clean but if internet access is important to you then make sure you ask for a room close to the center of the property or the signal will not reach your room. I had to go to the lobby to get access.
What we do love about this property is we are across the parking lot from an Outback Steakhouse which is open until 11 pm. All in all a good stop.

Room Tip: Close to the center of the property if you need an internet signal.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_ComfortInnRMT, General Manager at Comfort Inn Rocky Mount, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Excellent Feedback! I will use this comment regarding the internet to share with the provider. I am committed to improving the internet service for the hotel. We most certainly appreciate the review and take very seriously the feedback that we receive from our guest. Thanks for business and for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. Have and Excellent Week!