“Great Stopover”

Comfort Inn Rocky Mount
Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in Rocky Mount
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed overnight at this inn enroute to the Outer Banks. The hotel was very clean and is situated within steps of the Outback Restaurant. The breakfast area was very well stocked and maintained. The staff, however, is a top selling point for this location. Each and every one was friendly and helpful, and the jolliest group I have ever encountered. The employees truly brought a smile to my face for the rest of the day!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank debbieo15
GM_ComfortInnRMT, General Manager at Comfort Inn Rocky Mount, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

A very sincere thanks to this guest for stopping over, and more importantly for choosing the Comfort Inn Rocky Mount for their choice of stay. It is such a warm feeling to hear/see the voice of guest affirm the very qualities that all of our energies are dedicated toward. We post these comments in a public area and I can not tell you what a shot of confidence this gives the staff and goes a long way toward preparing for the next 'stopover.' I hope everyone has an Excellent Day!

Reviewed September 24, 2013

In September 2013, myself and three other adults were vacationing in South Carolina. We had an overnight stay at the Comfort Inn on Gateway Blvd. in Rocky Mount, NC. This hotel was very clean, conveniently located off of Rt. 95, and within walking distance of a few restaurants. The staff there, particularly a representative named Melissa Clark, were extremely welcoming and could not have been better hosts. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Cindy F
GM_ComfortInnRMT, General Manager at Comfort Inn Rocky Mount, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Thank you for being our guest, ...thank you for the business and I am so very happy to know that this was a fantastic stop for you. You are the reason we are here and it was our pleasure to have been a part of travelling journey. Be Safe, Be Excellent!

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I have stayed at this location several times, each time we checked in the staff was very friendly and have always greeted us when entering the lobby. During our last stay, we had a bulb out in the bathroom and called front desk for assistance. George from maintenance came in and immediately took care of the issue. He was friendly and let us know that he would be on duty if we needed anything else during our stay. I forgot some of my personal toiletries and called down to front desk and was told I could come down for these items. I continue to stay here because of the clean rooms and friendly service.

Brian

Room Tip: Higher floors seem to have less traffic from other guests. Reserve rooms at least 2 weeks in advance...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank brian w

What a terrific response! Thank you for your business. Our staff really enjoys reading these posts and it just means so much coming from our wonderful guests. Have an Excellent Day!

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I am a person that will read a review before I choose a hotel for my family to stay at. In almost every review that I read the name Melissa came up, so whenever I called I asked for Melissa. The person that I spoke with Sharon, who was very courteous and demostrated great customer service during my reservation process, informed me that Melissa was not at work that day. Whenever we checked in, there were two ladies at the front desk and one of them happened to be Melissa. She was a little shocked that I knew who she was since we had never met before...lol. She made my friends and I feel so at home and like we had known each other all our lives and this was at check in. Whenever she saw us, she called us by name and was very attentive to our needs, although it was crowded with two family reunions going on. Her entire staff demonstrated great customer service, she's the epitomy of leading by example!! We will definitely stay there again. The Joneses

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
GMNC112, General Manager at Comfort Inn Rocky Mount, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Excellent Review! Thank you for your business and for taking the time to survey Comfort, its service and more importantly the staff. Melissa is an incredible human being and truly enjoys meeting new people. She never forgets a face. I will be sure to share this review with the staff! Hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed August 23, 2013

First let me say the staff was excellent. Every member of the staff, particularly front desk superstar Mellissa was very friendly. Just the way NC Southern hospitality should be. The room was ok. I did not like the desk seat. It was broken. I work a lot at the desk in hotel rooms and the broken chair was hard on my back. The furnishings were aged but satisfactory.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I am not sure where the people leaving great reviews were staying but it wasn't in the room I received. Upon arriving I received a very warm and friendly greeting. I booked a king non-smoking room online and asked for a top floor away from the elevator. We arrived at 6 p.m., after driving for 12 hours, and were given the only king non-smoking room that was available. It was on the ground floor next to an outside exit. The room was in serious need of renovation. Upon entering (or attempting to) the door was so crooked that my husband had to use his shoulder to force it open. The musty/mildew smell almost knocked me over, the carpet felt damp and the chair and foot stool were dirty. I was offered another king room on the 2nd floor, but it was smoking (I am allergic). It was too late to find another hotel so we stayed. The bed was comfortable but the smell in the room was unbearable and we left at 4:00 a.m. Upon checking out the clerk acted like I was bothering her at that time of the morning and when I told her about the problems she just shrugged. There was not so much as even an apology. I have stayed at much nicer place for the same price.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I was visiting Rocky Mount, NC for college orientation with my daughter and attending my Uncle's funeral. I called the Holiday Inn where the family booked rooms for the funeral. I left a message with front desk person at the Holiday Inn and provided my cell phone number, because we were in different sessions at the college. Well to say the least I never received a call from the Holiday Inn. I am thankful for the relationship the college has with Comfort Inn. The on duty person, "Melissa" was able to accommodate myself and several other parents for the weekend. Comfort Inn will have my business as long as my daughter attends this college, because they care about people Thanks Melissa, keep up the "Great" work.

Room Tip: Poolside view was great
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
GMNC112, General Manager at Comfort Inn Rocky Mount, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2013

Thank you for acknowleging Melissa, she is truly an amazing asset to for our hotel. Thank you for your business. I hope your family is safe and doing well. Hope you can return soon!