“3rd time here”

Ranked #9 of 28 Hotels in Rocky Mount
Lakeland, Florida
“3rd time here”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We stopped at this hotel on previous trips through. each time the price goes up by about $5.00. The rooms are clean as are the bathrooms. The breakfast bar is more than adequate and the items were always full and fresh.
I do think the $25.00 'pet charge' is a bit much though.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Kevin C, General Manager at Comfort Inn Rocky Mount, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your loyalty. It means a lot to be associated with a familiar journey and allowing our staff to share a part in that experience. We begin each morning thinking about those guests who will be returning to us for a repeat stay and wondering how many of our arriving guests will be staying for the very first time. We think about ways to make their stay special. We love the pets, and unfortunately the fees are just a part of the cost to manage those rooms, but we absolutely love and appreciate them. We provide refreshments during peak hours of arrivals and we include a little treat for our pet/guests as well, and our guests are expressing how much they appreciate those little gestures. This is a terrific way to begin the morning, thinking about you and your stay. My staff will certainly appreciate the comments regarding the cleanliness and once again thank you for your business. Have an Excellent Day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Geneva
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We stayed here on a recent road trip to Florida. It's a bit off of I-95 (about 4 miles), but in a safe location. Everything was clean, the bed was comfortable. The price included breakfast. The toaster didn't work and the eggs were unnatural. But, they offered fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal, etc.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Topsail Island, North Carolina
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Choice Hotels are my favorite brand and I am rarely let down. This location is no exception. There’s a Outback not even 100 yards from the front door and in same parking lot, no need to cross any road. I stayed in a suite and it had a micro and fridge with sink. Nice flat TV in the bedroom which was a separate room with 2 beds and a desk. The main living room had a pull out sofa, chair with ottoman and a coffee table. The TV in this room is an old tube but has lots of cable channels including HBO. Very homely room and comfortable. Bed slept very well. Nightly cost was good if not lower than most Comfort Inns I stay with while traveling for business weekly in NC and SC. The location is superb and will stay here regularly when in Rocky Mount for business.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Maine
Reviewed April 4, 2013

On a trip north from Florida we stayed in this hotel and were generally pleased with the accommodations.The room was very clean, nicely furnished, decorated in an attractive way. It had a refrigerator and microwave. The bed was not the best, but it was OK. The bathroom was tiny and really needed a fan. The television was old and had a poor picture, and the internet was the slowest I have ever seen in a hotel. The breakfast was great - lots of choices and places to sit. Despite the complaints, it was basically a nice room and a comfortable stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Since the beginning of February 2013 I have stayed at this Comfort Inn four times during business travel in the area. My stays have lasted from 1-3 nights during the week, and I have spent the night in a standard double bed room as well as some of their suites.

Soft upbeat music playing at the main entrance welcomes me every evening and sends me on my way to work in the mornings. Each afternoon that I arrive to check in, there are fresh baked cookies and cold water with lemon at the check-in counter. The front desk team has been very gracious and helpful, especially Melissa, who has worked the front desk several of mornings I have stayed here.

The rooms are clean and the furniture was comfortable. In the suites, there is enough counter space over the mini-fridge for me to prepare a meal, with a small kitchen sink to boot. The suites are also big enough where I can create a mini-office space that I would keep seperate from the rest of the room - which helps keep my mind from wandering back to work after hours, if I find myself working from the room for parts of the day.

Though small, the gym has been perfect for my needs (i.e., running on the treadmill), and I have not had to wait more than 10 minutes to use it. If only it was warm enough to do laps in the pool . . .

While this facility does look older and a little worn when compared to some of the other nearby hotels, I would caution you not to let that influence your decision. This hotel has *by far* been the best value for my money. I plan to stay there again this week and for the rest of my upcoming business travel to Rocky Mount in April.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Rocky Point, New York
Reviewed March 25, 2013

on our bus trip to charleston and savannah we stopped for the night at the comfort inn in rocky mount. the GM of the hotel came on the bus to welcome us to the hotel. It was pretty late when we arrived around 8pm.
The Gm also suggested places to eat when we got to sc and ga. when we wnet for breakfast there he was ready to welcome us to breakfast what a nice feeling especially that we were all so tired.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Scranton, PA
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stopped with a group going down and back from Florida. The rooms are very comfortable and clean. The hotel staff is very friendly and accommodating to your needs. Breakfast has a great variety of choices-cereals, waffle, juices, eggs, sausage, yogurt, fruit, muffins, and toast. Some rooms come with a microwave if you need one. They also allow pets.
The Outback restaurant is just a walk through the parking lot. You can have a long wait on a weekend night if you don't hit it at the right time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends