“Best Local Value”

Comfort Inn Rocky Mount
Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Rocky Mount
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Since the beginning of February 2013 I have stayed at this Comfort Inn four times during business travel in the area. My stays have lasted from 1-3 nights during the week, and I have spent the night in a standard double bed room as well as some of their suites.

Soft upbeat music playing at the main entrance welcomes me every evening and sends me on my way to work in the mornings. Each afternoon that I arrive to check in, there are fresh baked cookies and cold water with lemon at the check-in counter. The front desk team has been very gracious and helpful, especially Melissa, who has worked the front desk several of mornings I have stayed here.

The rooms are clean and the furniture was comfortable. In the suites, there is enough counter space over the mini-fridge for me to prepare a meal, with a small kitchen sink to boot. The suites are also big enough where I can create a mini-office space that I would keep seperate from the rest of the room - which helps keep my mind from wandering back to work after hours, if I find myself working from the room for parts of the day.

Though small, the gym has been perfect for my needs (i.e., running on the treadmill), and I have not had to wait more than 10 minutes to use it. If only it was warm enough to do laps in the pool . . .

While this facility does look older and a little worn when compared to some of the other nearby hotels, I would caution you not to let that influence your decision. This hotel has *by far* been the best value for my money. I plan to stay there again this week and for the rest of my upcoming business travel to Rocky Mount in April.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed March 25, 2013

on our bus trip to charleston and savannah we stopped for the night at the comfort inn in rocky mount. the GM of the hotel came on the bus to welcome us to the hotel. It was pretty late when we arrived around 8pm.
The Gm also suggested places to eat when we got to sc and ga. when we wnet for breakfast there he was ready to welcome us to breakfast what a nice feeling especially that we were all so tired.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stopped with a group going down and back from Florida. The rooms are very comfortable and clean. The hotel staff is very friendly and accommodating to your needs. Breakfast has a great variety of choices-cereals, waffle, juices, eggs, sausage, yogurt, fruit, muffins, and toast. Some rooms come with a microwave if you need one. They also allow pets.
The Outback restaurant is just a walk through the parking lot. You can have a long wait on a weekend night if you don't hit it at the right time.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I had driven from Tampa with my son, had car trouble, drove through a thunderstorm and finally made it to Rocky Mount by 8pm. I wasn't feeling well at that point and hoped for the best. I knew it was a relatively new hotel, close to 95 and 64, and had high hopes. Well, it didn't disappoint. I went to the desk where someone was being helped and hoped it would be a short wait. Another employee saw I had arrived and left her office to help me. That was wonderful. I got in the elevator with my son and was chatting with another employee. I almost got out on the wrong floor, from exhaustion I guess, and the young man stopped me and said, 'Ma'am, you have another floor to go!' That was so nice of him. Our room of two double beds was lovely. It was equipped with a dresser with a small TV, another table with a comfortable chair and lamp, there was a wall mounted lamp set in between the beds and there were plenty of pillows. Our bathroom was beautiful. Lovely countertop, granite I think, nice colors, tub, and lots of towels. Included were a coffee maker, hair dryer, and bath products. The ice bucket was handy as we brought in our drinks from the car.
We ended up on-line ordering from the Outback Steakhouse, which is right next door, and my son walked right over to get our food. Speaking of food, after we woke the next morning at 5, we thoroughly enjoyed our complementary breakfast which began at 6. We got to choose from hot food like eggs, sausage, or waffles. They also had bagels, fruit, yogurt, cereal, and juices. We left with full happy tummies, ready for our second long of the weekend. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: There are two wings of this hotel. The right side, as you are facing it, is right next to the Outbac...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Not only is the hotel nice and the nearby Outback convenient. We drive up here the day before from Georgia to drive to the Outer Banks the next day for a weeks rental at the beach. The "other" chain that we used to stay at didn't allow pets and so we had to pay for a local kennel in Rocky Mount, to board our dog.

That meant a substantial extra cost ( almost the cost of an extra hotel room) as well as separation anxiety for him. This is much nicer.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
GM_ComfortInnRMT, General Manager at Comfort Inn Rocky Mount, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

This is a terric response, thank you so very much. It is such a pleasure to welcome our guests after traveling on the road for so many hours. We love the pets. We recently added a 'pet amenity' at the front desk so that our guests and their pets receive an amenity for their choice to stay at the Comfort Inn Rocky Mount. Thanks again. Safe Travels!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Just an easy few minutes off of 95. Clean, confortable, quiet rooms, continental breakfast supplied and an Outback restaurant just steps away. Definately recommend for those travelling the highway. Got the best rate by calling the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
GMNC112, General Manager at Comfort Inn Rocky Mount, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2013

Thank you for such a wonderful review. Thank you for your business. Hope you can return soon!

Reviewed January 30, 2013

We enjoyed our stay. Everyone was very accommodating and friendly. The Room was very comfortable and clean. My wife was uncomfortable sleeping under the blanket provided so she asked for another sheet to use and cover to blanket; no problem for the staff - they were happy to accommodate. Breakfast was standard fare; everything was fresh and fully stocked by an attentive attendant.

Room Tip: Guests with Pets are booked in rooms on the first floor.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Rod S
CIrockymountgm, General Manager at Comfort Inn Rocky Mount, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Thank you so much for providing feedback regarding your stay with us. I am glad the staff made you and your family feel comfortable and executed EXCELLENT customer service.

I hope to see you again soon when you are in the Rocky Mount area.

Thank you for your business!