“Great Seafood, Atmosphere, locally owned restaurant”
Review of Madison Seafood Incorporated - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Madison Seafood Incorporated
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed September 29, 2011

I always enjoy dining at Madison Seafood in Rocky Mount when in town. The staff is always friendly and personable. I love the coconut and grilled shrimp, crab legs, grilled chicken, and crab cakes. In every dining experience I have had at Madison Seafood, the food has always been cooked to perfection. There are often specials, that offer selections at very reasonable prices, as well as meals that for those that are more interested in great food than value. I am a bit surprised by the other reviews of Madison Seafood, as I consider the restaurant at a class higher than most restaurants in Rocky Mount. I definitely recommend for those interested in a sophisticated dining experience at a locally owned restaurant. Drive Through is also available. website: http://www.madisonss.com/xe/

Reviewed September 20, 2011

My mother and I decided to try Madison again after a so so meal the last time.

Well, pretty much a ditto. The scallops were somewhat overcooked....and the oysters were small and a little tough. Baked potato ok but too much to pay for a baked potato. We ate most of the meal, but I wasn't at all carried away with it. This used to be the best place for seafood in Rocky Mount. It isn't that good anymore. The service was also slow this time. We were not impressed and won't go back here for a while at least. Too bad.

Reviewed September 3, 2011

The last two times I have been here the food was just plain not good. Tonight I got the fried fantail shrimp and it was so overcooked it was mostly inedible. After I ate about 3 or 4 of the shrimp, I just had to stop. I basically paid 12.99 for a baked potato and cabbage. The last time I went, I got the 1/2 BBQ chicken. It also was over cooked. I could not eat the leg or the wing at all, and the breast and thigh were just not good at all to over cooking. The baked potato was perfectly cooked, but the cabbage was just bland. When I called the manager,
he wanted me to bring the receipt, which is perfectly understandable. But he also wanted me to bring the uneaten portion of my food. Like I am going to keep a plate of shrimp 3 or 4 days until I can get it there!!! Needless to say, I will NEVER eat there again!

Reviewed July 15, 2011

I have been to Madison a number of times....it is better than the Mayflower chain down the road. But I more often than not lately have been disappointed in the food. Mostly fried seafood which is why we come here. The scallops usually are not really as tasty as they should be, and I find the onion rings and other side dishes just average. Usually the shrimp cocktail, which has collosal shrimp, is excellent, but today they were tough and not as fresh as they should be.
It is not as expensive as some seafood places, but it just isn't that consistent...I have been there a couple of year ago when the food was excellent all around.

I must say that the service is almost always very good. But the food is nothing to rave about....

Reviewed April 9, 2011

This restaurant was a surprise. Hardly anything on the Net about it. Upscale setting, tables and booths but definitely an Asian influence. Food was very good - staying away from the mostly fried entrees. Service was very good but didn't like to hear all about the internal politics of the establishment and the infighting happening as we ate. Still - a surprise and an enjoyment.

2  Thank Guhor1966