“If you like to be threatened”
Review of Rocky Mount Inn

Rocky Mount Inn
Ranked #18 of 29 Hotels in Rocky Mount
Reviewed August 19, 2011

Worst front desk & managment service I've ever seen. They tried to make me pay a $20 pet fee from the night before which is absurd considering when I checked in I made them very aware of my dog and 2 employees heard me yet they said I could get a discount and no pet fee. Imagine my suprise when the rude front desk lady made a remark "Oh and just to inform you we are very aware that you guys have a pet up there and you must pay the fee" Front desk lady also rude, unhelpful, inattentive, uneducated and very unhappy looking like we are a burden! Room was not worth the price. Looked the same as a Days Inn room which they charge $39 and here at Best Western they charged $50 ± $20 pet fee. Lastly, I was running late checking out because I had an unexpected stomach ache. The front desk sent someone to my door and said "she says that if your not out of here in a few minutes she will get someone to escort you out and also charge you for another night" I have NEVER in my life been treated so horribly and will never stay at a Best Western again!

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank hannahgoff
John Y, General Manager at Rocky Mount Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2012

First, I want to offer my sincere apologies for your experience at this hotel. As a frequent traveler myself, I can understand your frustrations and wish I could change it for you. While I cannot do that, I hope you can take some satisfaction in knowing that reviews such as yours prompted a total management overhaul of the property as well as numerous upgrades, including bedspreads, 32" HDTVs, Refrigerators & Microwaves. If future travels include Rocky Mount, I hope you will allow me to show you the improvements we have made, both staffing and room amenities.
John Young
Managing Director

Reviewed July 28, 2011

not a bad value. nice area too. rooms were suffeciant. breakfast wasnt great. service was good.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank drivitlkustoleit

Thanks for your kind words. I'm glad to hear we were able to meet your expectations. As a side note, we have increased the items on our breakfast line to now include hot egg/cheese &/or chicken biscuits and a waffle station. If your future travels bring you through Rocky Mount, we look forward to welcoming you back to the Rocky Mount Inn.

Reviewed June 17, 2009

Hotel was clean and well kept. I felt safe and taken care of. It is not Four Seasons but it is clean and has friendly staff ( especialy hosekeeping ) that will do anything to help you.
I stayed here 2 years ago and place is running much better now. They have new manager whom i met and he seems to realy know what he is doing.Keep it up.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank travel4u95
Reviewed October 28, 2008

I travel a lot (work) and i am happy to say that i found a place in Rocky Mount that i can come back to. Staff was friendly and accomodating, room was spacios and clean (recently remodeled), and even though it is an older property very well maintained. Great value for the $. I received AAA rate of $55.99.
Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank travel4u95
Reviewed July 11, 2008

I stayed at the Best Western over the July 4th holiday weekend. After reading one of the reviews, I was leery. The lobby was clean and when I entered the room, it was also clean. I was not afraid to touch anything or sit on any of the furniture. As far as being near a seedy neighborhood. I'm not sure if this person was at the same hotel. We were in a room on the backside. Across the very wide parking lot was a bowling alley and across the four lane road was a boat dealership. I did not see any tenemant housing. In fact, no housing at all. There was no alley only the sidewalk leading to the rooms, grass area that was pretty wide and the pool, which was small.

The hotel is right off a major interstate highway (301). So it was cleaner than expected considering the location. The carpet and furniture were not worn looking. Staff that I saw was friendly.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank Leryl
Reviewed August 3, 2007

This was the absolute worse hotel stay that I've ever experienced. We requested a room with a working television, microwave, and refridgerator and instead got a fuzzy television that you couldn't make out the picture. We changed rooms and now had a working TV but no refrigerator or microwave. The reason we requested them were because we bought food.

Soon the microwave and refrigerator came but the bathroom was dirty and the door wouldn't lock. The people at the front desk told us that they could send maintaince the next day. Which meant that we couldn't go anywhere all together because of our items. The maintaince came the next day and attempted to fix it and instead it still did didn't latch.

Uninformed construction early in the morning then no notice or signs about early morning breakfast. We traveled very far to get here and no one could e-mail us or tell me on the phone when I called that there was construction going on right next to my room at 7am on the weekend. Instead after we complained they put a sign up right after.

The manager assured me that she would take a discount off for all the inconveince. When it was time to check out the discount wasn't taken off and the manager was no where to be found. The man took my name and number and said that they would refund me the difference once the manager came in. It's been a month and the manager has never called me back or gave me a refund.

Stayed: July 2007
1  Thank caramel808
Rennitha, General Manager at Rocky Mount Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2007

After reading your review, I would like to
apologize for your very unhappy vist to Best
Western-Rocky Mount, N. C.

I would like for you to know we are under new
management now. If you would contact me
by calling 252-442-8101 I would give you your
next visit( free) complimentary to prove we have changed.

Again, I am sorry.

Rennie Proctor

Reviewed May 16, 2007

I booked a room here in advance for an overnight stay on the way to the Outer Banks. Terrible mistake. The hotel is the farthest out of a row of motels, a few miles of very difficult traffic from the rest of civilization and into what appeared to me to be the edges of a very bad neighborhood. The entrance and exits from the motel are one-way, and the traffic is terrible even on a weekend.

When I got to the office, the 2 people behind the desk completely ignored me standing there for several minutes until I had to make a point of getting some service. The room I requested was supposed to be a non-smoking one, yet the room stank of cigarrettes. The one window in the room faced out into a small alleyway and a both chained and wooden fence directly opposite. To get to this room, I had to drive around back of the motel (Which the people at the desk conveniently forgot to mention) and park my car in a poorly lit lot facing an overgrown field and tenement houses. The streetlight was either not working or shot out, who knows.

The walk from my car to my room was at least 50 yards; god forbid the place caught fire, I would have been trapped. There was some sort of dried white mess stuck to the carpet, the floor was uneven, the pillows were flat, the mattress was flatter, and the drink and ice machines were up a near 2-story staircase. Sitting in that room and looking at the chain-link fence right outside, overgrown with weeds, I felt like I was in a prison. I wanted to just leave and get a civilized room elsewhere, but I stuck it out for the one night. Luckily, myself and my vehicle were still safe and sound the next morning. I will never even dream of stying in this hole ever again, or anyplace even remotely similar.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank gghiker
Rennitha, (New) General Manager at Rocky Mount Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2007

I would like to apologize for your very unhappy
visit to Best Western, Rocky Mount , North Carolina. I would like for you to know that we
are under new management.

If you would give me another opportunity to
prove to you that we are not the very bad
Hotel that you experienced in the past, i would
be more than happy to offer you a complimentary free night with us.
You may contact me by calling 252-442-8101.
Again, I apologize.