“Just a one night stay”

Courtyard Rocky Mount
Ranked #7 of 28 Hotels in Rocky Mount
Reviewed November 7, 2013

After a long arduous drive from Portland ME to Rocky Mount I was thrilled to find a Courtyard for the night. The room was clean, the front staff very helpful. I was disappointed that there was no breakfast which I thought was somewhat shocking. Thought that was included in all Marriotts.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
jamesmichaelwhite, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Rocky Mount, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review we appreciate all the comments you made about our staff and our hotel.
If it was up to our General Manager breakfast would be free for everyone however the Courtyard brand does not offer a free breakfast, for this I apologize.
Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your many returns.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

While the front desk help was good for an average hotel, it was the usual great Marriott service. And from there it went down hill. I noticed that wallpaper was peeling in several locations...in my room, in the hallway and staircase, etc. And the magnetic door holder on the door in the staircase fell off the door when I opened it. Even the usual great Marriott bed was just okay. On the positive side, the exercise room was at the usual excellent quality for my personal workout. And worst of all, I could heard the highway in my room (never experienced that at a Marriott property before. All in all, very disappointing...seemed like this property is about to leave the Marriott chain to me.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write your review we welcome all feedback, our hotel is in the process of scheduling our next renovation and we are look forward to upcoming changes and improvements.
I apologize for all the inconveniences you encountered while at our hotel, please come back and visit us once we have completed our upgrades.
Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

I am pretty loyal to Marriott, but this property leaves a lot to be desired. Upon arrival, the desk clerk advised me that the elevator was not functioning. After loading my baggage up the stairs to my 2nd floor room, I was surprised when the shield on the light fixture in the bathroom almost fell on my head. My wife and went to the lobby to report the issue. This hotel has one of those little markets inside. We purchased a small container of ice cream to share. But the frontdesk did not have any utensils with which to consume their product. We shrugged it off and said we would find something in the room. We looked through the coffee maker supplies, only to find that the indvidual kits had been rifled through and not replaced. Add all this little headaches to rooms that were a little shabby, and I wish we had stayed at another local hotel. The guest services manager called the room to make sure all was well. I recapped our experience to him, and his question was "Are you going to report this to Trip Advisor?" Obvioulsy I have. Very disappointed in this Marriott property.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
jamesmichaelwhite, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Rocky Mount, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review we truly appreicate your feedback, I apologize for all inconveniences you encountered while at our hotel. I ensure this is not the norm for a stay with us.
Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

This is a hotel that I have been staying at for 5 years....and it's good to see that the staff has the right idea again!! They had the same staff for many years and going to the Courtyard was like seeing old friends. Well, unfortunately that changed a couple years ago. But, I think they might have turned that around.

During my most recent stay I had the most wonderful check-in experience. The hotel was completely full the night before I arrived, so my favorite type of room wasn't available when I got there. I arrived a bit early for check-in time and had plans that were having me leave the room an hour after my arrival. The very polite and kind young lady that check me in gave me a room and offered to personally move my belongings to my preferred room type once it was available. That doesn't happen any more...and I was very impressed with her positive attitude!!

The next pleasant surprise was Tyler. He is the young man who worked the front desk in the evenings. He has the perfect personality for this type of work, and was exceptionally helpful to all of us. But what he did for a young couple that were having car problems is what really sets him apart. He went above and beyond what anyone might expect during their stay at a hotel.

I hope the young lady and gentleman that I just described are nurtured and encouraged to grow within this hotel...because everything with this hotel isn't exceptional. There is a lot of work that needs to be done with the physical building and housekeeping isn't consistent...but their attitudes have me overlooking the short comings.

I will be back!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review we truly appreicate all the wonderful comments you made about our new staff, we are also pleased to know our associate was able to accomadate your needs.
Thank you for staying with us and for your loyalty to our hotel.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

This a smaller Courtyard with the renovated lobby. Unfortunately, the rest of the hotel also needs renovation. The halls are marked with spackle or damage from housekeeping carts. The room I had looked dated, but the worst feature was the naked fluorescent light in the bathroom that emitted a dull brown glow when turned on. The last time I saw a light like this was a bathroom in a hastily abandoned Soviet army barracks near Prague during the revolution. I can't imagine how it would be possible to clean in this place.

The rest of the space was comfortable and quiet. It's good for a night.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
jamesmichaelwhite, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Rocky Mount, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review your input is very important to us, we are in the process of scheduling our next renovations.
We hope you will return when we have completed our upcoming upgrades and improvements, thank you for staying with us and we welcome your return.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Jim White, Customer Relations Manager and Monica at the front desk gave my family terrific service when we stayed there recently. I was not able to reserve the type of room that we needed in advance. They kindly re-arranged our accommodations on the spot to fit our needs. Our room was excellent, the beds very comfortable, and the ambiance relaxing and welcoming. We will be back.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
jamesmichaelwhite, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Rocky Mount, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Thank you for such an awesome review Monica and I appreciate the wonderful comments you made about us, please remember it is our pleasure to make sure you are able to get the accommodations you need to be comfortable while here.
Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your many returns.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

For the last five years my family has reserved 3-5 rooms each summer and/or for other special family events. We enjoy the quick and clean services always with a smile. The staff take time with the little ones whether they are being naughty or nice with a professional ease. It's always clean and stocked with towels in the gym and pool area.

I would like to especially thank Danielle Richardson for her kindness and professionalism.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back have a nicer view and a peaceful patio area, corner rooms have an easier access to...