“Overnighter”

Ranked #8 of 28 Hotels in Rocky Mount
Greenville, South Carolina
“Overnighter”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We stopped in for one night and the staff was very nice, the room was so nice and the beds were very comfortable. I slept wonderfully! Plus it included a restaurant that stayed open late and was open early for breakfast. So glad we made our stop in Rocky Mount!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
jamesmichaelwhite, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Rocky Mount, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review, we also are very glad you decided to stop in Rocky Mount and to spend the night with. We are so pleased to know that you had a wonderful night sleep and our Bistro was perfect for your travel needs.
Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your many returns.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Excellent Place! I called the reservation number two hours prior to my arrival and when I checked in my room was all set. Staff is exceedingly friendly. The hotel is well situated near the hospital, Outback Restaurant and is in a quiet location. It is just minutes off I95 and NC 64. Did not use them but the pool, hot tub, and exercise room were all on the first floor near the lobby.

Room Tip: Minutes off I95 on NC 64.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
jamesmichaelwhite, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Rocky Mount, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this "EXCELLENT" review, we are very glad to know everything was just as you requested upon your arrival. We appreciate all the postive comments you
made about our hotel and staff.
We are hoping during you many returns you will have a chance to enjoy our pool, hot tub, and exercise room.
Thank you for staying with us and for your loyalty to our Marriott family.
Poughkeepsie, New York
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I had a reservation, with a confirmation number, at the Residence Inn when Mr. White calls to inform my wife that the hotel is full. It is late at night and we are the end of a 11 hour drive - certainly not a good time to not have a room. Mr. White booked us at the Courtyard, the other hotel he managers (?) and gave us a room at a good price including breakfast at the Residence. When we arrived there was a letter of apology, and the next day when we driving we received a call from Mr. White asking us how our stay went. Now that is the way to handle a problem!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
jamesmichaelwhite, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Rocky Mount, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review, it is I who should thank you for being so understanding. I just did what I thought was the right thing and what you deserved.
Thank you for staying with us and for your loyalty to our Marriott family.
Clinton, NC
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Wow, what a great place to stay! The staff was wonderful! I was here 4 days on a business trip and could not have asked for a better experience. I would come back from a long day and was greeted by smiles! They were kind, friendly and made me feel like I was staying with close friends I've known all my life.The accomodations were great and the exercise room kept me moving. Most of all, I really enjoyed talking to Annette from the Bistro. She's a peach and made sure I was taken care of. Chad with Guest Services treated me like I was the most important guest in the hotel and made sure I had everything I needed. And Tyler, who was quick to help me on the computer and delivered a new coffee maker when I needed it. All 3 of them made me feel at home and I am grateful to them for such a nice experience. I would recommend this hotel to everyone! Marriott is very fortunate to have such a devoted staff!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Lynne M
Thank YOU for such an awesome review, we agree with you one-hundred percent we are very lucky to have Annette, Chad and Tyler as staples on our staff. They will go the extra mile to make sure all your needs are meet, may I also add every guest is the most important guest in our hotel.
Thank YOU again for all the positive comments and for staying with us. We look for to your many returns.
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed April 18, 2013

My stay here was excellent...staff was very friendly.. I enjoyed my time here in Rocky Mount.. We will be visiting again on our way down to Florida..Very quiet & located close to 95. Breakfast & breakfast staff was friendly.. Lobby was great.Felt very safe at hotel.. Rooms need to renovated ASAP!!! Overall my stay was great & I look forward to my next stay!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
jamesmichaelwhite, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Rocky Mount, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for your "EXCELLENT" review, we are very pleased that you found our hotel staff friendly and accommodating. We are slated to begin renovations later this year, we are very excited about our upcoming facelift and we are looking forward to your many returns.
Thank you for staying with us.
Fairfield, CT
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We stopped at this hotel on our way back to Connecticut from Florida. The hotel was jam packed and we had to wait a few minutes to check in, but once the front desk person was available, we were checked in very quickly and with a smile. The lobby was updated and very cool looking. We did not eat there but there was a quick serve type of cafe and lots of seating. The pool was also just off the lobby area.

The room was average - the layout of the king room was unique which we liked, but had trouble getting our suitcases between the nighttable and dresser/TV table (sounds odd but makes sense when you see the room layout).

I saw other reviews about the AC being controlled on the actual unit as opposed to a wall thermostat, this did not bother me and the AC blew nice and cold.

The bed was very firm and comfortable. The sink area was outside the toilet/tub area. The tub itself had some sort of patching or permanent mat affixed to it, which looked a little gross, and we actually showered with a towel down in the tub! (Apologies to housekeeping for the sopping wet towel, but we didn't want to put our feet on that!). Tile had some stains but overall was in OK condition.

There are a few restaurants within walking distance and even more if you Google the immediate area. We to Outback which is two doors up from this property, and then found a great frozen yogurt place called the Pitstop Shoppe just a short drive up the road, and it was delicious and the staff was super friendly even though we walked in just before closing. There was also a Rite Aid there where we grabbed some travel supplies we needed.

All in all we would definitely stay here again, but especially if the rooms get renovated like other newer Courtyard properties.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review, we are very glad you so many things you liked about out hotel and our location. Our hotel is scheduled to begin renovations later this year and we will definitely be looking forward to your return. Thank you for staying with us.
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Hotel is fine, location is convenient and staff friendly. We arrived exhausted and stupidly did not empty our car. Two large suitcases, briefcase, and travel bag were all stolen from our locked car. Security said 2 staff patrol both the Courtyard and Residence facilities all night, but thieves watch their routes. Police indicated there had been several thefts in that lot. Marriott should warn travelers and put up video cameras in that lot. This location is a major north south stop. The hotel refunded our room expense and apologized but we left heartbroken to have lost so much. As gold Marriott members we had always felt secure.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank ElizabethBougere
jamesmichaelwhite, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Rocky Mount, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review, please accept my sincerest apology for your car being broken into while at our hotel. I know the police told you there have been several breakins. I have been here 4 years and this is the first such incident I have heard of, once again please accept my apology for your loss.
We do have security that patrols all night, and this is the first time I have heard of anything getting by them, please don't let this change your opinion of our Marriott family.
Thank you for staying with us and for your loyalty to our brand.