“Wedding reception...”

Ranked #5 of 28 Hotels in Rocky Mount
rocky mount
“Wedding reception...”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I just wanna thank Donovan for everything that she and the staff did for use,my weddng reception was November 24th 2012 and everything was great not only did my husband and i think so but our guest do did as well ESPECIALLY when you walk into the Lobby it just makes you feel like you'll at home so Country Inn Suites thanks alot and i am please to say that we will be back ago.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Tara N, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rocky Mount, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear saundra b:

Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your special day. I'm so pleased to know that everything was as you expected. I will be sure to pass along your kudos to Doneva and the staff. We look forward to having you back soon!

Tara Nelson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Arabic first
New Jersey
Reviewed January 1, 2013

When I see #1 on Tripadvisor, I'm thinking that it's going to be a great hotel. This was an OK hotel. Weak shower pressure, cheap paper coffee cups in room, reasonably clean but lots of stains suggesting that a capital infusion is needed. We had to wait a bit to get checked in since the one person was taking a reservation by phone (and was helping a difficult customer in a very professional manner). Another person finally came to her rescue and she was sweet and efficient. We selected this Country Inn because a competitor hotel had a recent Tripadvisor complaint that gave us the willies, AND the price was the best. Based on those criteria, I'd stay again but it wasn't a special experience.

Room Tip: Stay on floor 4 if you don't want to hear footsteps.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear JannyBaby:

Thank you for staying at Country Inn & Suites, Rocky Mount, NC and taking the time out to write a review. I apologize that you experienced a delay at check in, but happy to accomodate your needs. Thank you also, for making us aware of the areas that we can improve. I assure you that we are working diligently on these areas. I assure you these matters will be resolved by your next visit with us.

Again, thank you for staying at Country Inn & Suites, Rocky Mount, NC.

New York City, New York
Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

Lori at the front desk was FABULOUS. Welcoming and warm ...we arrived after midnight from NYC... Held room by phone without so much as taking our info...last room too! Great price. Great quality. Lobby was beautiful and warm in decor...that other review about carpet being stained in lobby is clearly fake and clearly must be the threatened-feeling competition! Lori restored my faith in humanity tonight. And Country Inns have a new loyal following! Thank you! And definitely worth their #1 spot on TripAdvisor.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank annarchy_ny
Tara N, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rocky Mount, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Dear annarchy:

Thank you for staying at Country Inn & Suites, Rocky Mount, NC and taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I'm glad that you found our hotel accomodating and gaining a new believer! I will also be certain to pass along your kind words to Laurie. We look forward to your return visit soon.

New York City, New York
Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

Called last minute on my way to Florida from New York. Laurie at the front desk saved the day and hooked me up with the last room available! Room was clean and comfy. Bathroom, large and clean as well. Wish I had more time to use the pool and jacuzzi.

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank Tak11937
Dear Tak11937:

Thank you for staying at Country Inn & Suites, Rocky Mount, NC and taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I'm pleased that Laurie was about to provide you with great service. I will be sure to pass along your kudos. We look forward to having you back soon.

New York
Reviewed December 18, 2012

We stayed here for one night on our drive down to FL from NY. It was easy as it was close to I-95 and was also pet friendly. Our room was on the first level and close to the door which made it easy for us to walk our dog and there was plenty of green space in the back for pets.

Wifi and breakfast was included - we had a good wifi connection and the breakfast was decent with plenty of seating and 2 flat screen tvs.

Overall we would choose this hotel again for our road trips.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank oxjohnnysangelxo
Tara N, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rocky Mount, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dear oxjohnnysangelxo:

Thank you for staying at Country Inn & Suites, Rocky Mount, NC and taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I'm pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to having you back soon.

Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

The staff was very friendly, the room was clean and nice and bed very comfy. Only a mile or so off of I-95 we were looking for a place we could stay and bring our dog and this hotel was perfect for us. The free breakfast buffet wasn't that great, so we highly recommend the 64 Diner that is right around the corner from the hotel. Would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank mastamm
Dear mastamm:

Thank you for staying at Country Inn & Suites, Rocky Mount, NC and taking the time to share your experience regarding your stay with us. I'm please to know both you and your pet enjoyed our hotel. We certainly look forward to having you back soon.

NC
Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

Staff were very friendly and check in was fast. The rooms are spacious. The bed was comfortable and plenty of pillows. Flat screen tv just not many channels, but not a problem. I have always liked country inn. The only problem was when I got to my room at six after work the room had not been cleaned and I had to go back down to get towels and rags. The front desk said they could not bring up because she was there by herself. When I got down there a housekeeper was down there also.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear v3093:

Thank you for staying at Country Inn & Suites, Rocky Mount, NC and taking the time to submit a review. I'm pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, however, I apologize with the scheduling issues with the housekeeping staff. I will look into that and assure that we will have the problems resolved before your next stay.

Again thank you for staying. We look forward to having you back soon.